Offline: 20(400:gsicon:)

Online: 0(0:gsicon:)

Approximate time to finish: ~25 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A

Number of missable achievements: N/A

Glitched achievements: Nothing Safe, Sweetest Curse, and Heaven Beside You

Cheats: God mode! Just kidding.

Introduction

God Mode is a throwback third person shooter brought to us by Old School Games and Atlus. It features hordes of enemies on screen at a time, levels, customization, and awesome visuals. Most of the achievements come quickly, even the hard difficulty isn't that bad and can be done solo! The real grind and time consumption comes from purchasing all the upgrades. With some time and effort, you can truly feel like a God with the 400:gsicon: in your pocket.

Oath Achievements Glitch

It has been reported that the three Oath-related achievements may glitch on your profile. It is unknown what triggers the glitch to occur. If this happens, you may need to reset your profile's in-game stats. It is HIGHLY recommended that you attempt to unlock 'Nothing Safe' before indulging yourself in this game. If it unlocks, you are in good shape and feel free to keep playing. If not, refer to > THIS < post on how to reset your in-game stats and unlock the achievements.

Freezing

There seems to be a slight freezing issue with this game. It seems to occur randomly, but in my experience it only occurs after extended sessions of playing with no dashboarding out. We're talking hours of continuous play. The first time it froze on me, I hadn't stopped playing for a good six hours. Second time it froze, same situation. Solo or co-op doesn't effect it.

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE

04CLiGJhbC8SCxoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzFmAAAAAOfn5-yQCzA=.jpg

The Creature Lives - 20:gsicon:

Enrage 10 Cyclops.

To enrage a Cyclops, you need to hit him in his eye. It may be quite difficult to hit his eye, but you will know if you do because he will either cover his eye with his hand and then swing his club around like a madman or just act unstable in general.

If you are unsure what a Cyclops is or what it looks like, you can visit the bestiary in the main menu and see one.

0ICLiGJhbC9ECBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-9qiKg=.jpg

Rune - 10:gsicon:

Trigger 20 Mage seals.

If you've ever seen a rune in Skyrim, this is exactly what a Mage seal is. Mages are floating enemies in silver shining armor. They launch out runes every once in a while. All you must do is purposefully walk over top of them until the achievement pops.

If you are unsure what Mages are or what they look like, you can visit the bestiary in the main menu and see them.

Seals stepped on during the "Trap" Test of Faith will also count towards this, so if this test shows up, make sure to take advantage of it.

0YCLiGJhbC9FCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzIxAAAAAOfn5-6KcDs=.jpg

Them Bones - 10:gsicon:

Decapitate 100 Skeletons.

This should come naturally through your time playing the game. In case you are having trouble, just make sure to keep aiming for the head and send the skeleton heads flying.

04CLiGJhbC9GCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzIyAAAAAOfn5-yreY4=.jpg

Hand of Doom - 20:gsicon:

Kill 50 enemies using melee.

Melee is very strong and you can get 50 kills easy on practically any map. Just keep spamming the melee button and this one will be yours before the end of the level.

0oCLiGJhbC9HCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-1LgR0=.jpg

Buzzkill - 10:gsicon:

Grind 50 creatures using the Buzzsaw melee attack.

The Buzzsaw doesn't become unlockable until level 18, so there will be some time before you can even attempt to get this one. You will also need 250,000 gold, so you need to save up some to be ready to afford this.

The melee attack is done by holding the right trigger in front of enemies, much like normal melee kills. Repeat the same procedure you did for 'Hand of Doom,' and this one will also be yours

Kills from the "Dice" Test of Faith will also count towards this, so if this test shows up, make sure to take advantage of it.

1oCLiGJhbC9ECRoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzMwAAAAAOfn5-nlceo=.jpg

God Mode - 40:gsicon:

Reach the final level and attain God Mode.

This achievement requires you to reach the highest level in the game, level 24, and attain the 'God Mode' ability. It takes exactly 240,000 XP to reach level 24. Refer to 'Blow Up The Underworld' for a good method to obtain easy/quick XP and gold.

Just a quick FYI, the God Mode ability kinda sucks. I would suggest sticking with Healing. It effectively has the same exact effect as God Mode, lasts over twice as long, and takes less to fully charge up for use.

14CLiGJhbC9ACBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI0AAAAAOfn5-jpauQ=.jpg

The Day I Tried To Live - 20:gsicon:

Survive the "Death" Test of Faith.

The "Death" Test of Faith is a random Test of Faith in which you one shot all enemies, but they also can one shot you. You must complete one of these tests without being killed once.

There is no sure fire way to get one of these tests to show up, so your best bet is to just keep playing until it shows up, and then pray that you don't get hit.

It also may be possible for you to hide in a corner while a co-op partner kills all the enemies for you while making sure you do not get hit, needs to be confirmed.

1oCLiGJhbC9BCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI1AAAAAOfn5-kJknc=.jpg

Nothing Safe - 20:gsicon:

Complete your first Oath.

*Reported to be glitched/bugged. Refer to the Roadmap for information.

Oaths are like skulls in Halo. You can enable them for an added challenge which can give more XP or gold depending on which ones are chosen. Simply pick any Oath (Sword being the least troublesome) and complete a map with it on.

1ICLiGJhbC9CCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI2AAAAAOfn5-som8I=.jpg

Blow Up The Underworld - 30:gsicon:

Purchase all upgrades.

This is the big one. For this one, you are going to need to first of all reach level 24 and then amass a shit ton of gold. Not only must you purchase all abilities and guns, but also all the upgrades for them as well. Do not fret, as gold is not that hard to come by. It can even be farmed.

The best way that I have found for getting as much gold as possible in a single game would be by making good use of the Salvage ability combined with Oaths. By replaying any level (Hades Moon or Basilisk Pit would be best) in solo on Bronze difficulty, and by putting on a couple easy Oaths, you can maximize the gold you get in a single run. Simply upgrade Salvage all the way and then use the ability around a huge group of bodies.

You can make anywhere from 50,000 to almost 110,000 gold easy before even adding the Oath percentage bonus! I have even made about 170,000 gold solo in one game with this method (xhunterrr was the first to notify me of this method).

Each ability has two upgrades worth 10,000 gold and 20,000 gold respectively. Each weapon has seven upgrades with the lower tier upgrades costing 10,000 gold and the higher tier upgrades costing 20,000 gold. There is also a single final upgrade for each gun for 30,000 gold.

You DO NOT need to purchase all the appearance items for your character.

Once ALL has been bought, and all progress bars are maxed, this one will be yours. It will take over 2 million gold for all guns, abilities, and upgrades (not including customization items). With customization items, it will take an extra 165,000 gold.

You will also most likely have the 400:gsicon: at this point.

1YCLiGJhbC9DCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI3AAAAAOfn5-rIY1E=.jpg

Burden In My Holster - 10:gsicon:

Fully upgrade one weapon.

You will need to be level 8 before you can fully upgrade any gun. To upgrade a gun, while in the party screen before a game, choose CADAVER GEAR and then choose a weapon and choose MODIFICATION.

The best gun to start out with upgrading would be the SMG. This is also one of the best guns to use altogether. Simply purchase all seven upgrades for it and this one is done.

It will cost you a total of 120,000 gold to fully upgrade any one gun.

Edited by Nevander

1oCLiGJhbC9MCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI4AAAAAOfn5-nvd18=.jpg

Heaven Beside You - 10:gsicon:

Finish any map with 3 or more active Oaths.

All you need to do for this one is finish any map with the three least troublesome Oaths activated. Chose Hades Moon on Bronze difficulty and select the Oaths: Serpent, Sword, and Spider. Complete the map and it should unlock.

14CLiGJhbC9NCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzI5AAAAAOfn5-gPj8w=.jpg

Sweetest Curse - 50:gsicon:

Finish any map with 6 active Oaths on hardest difficulty.

This achievement is not as hard as it sounds. Just get a friend with you and set up a custom lobby and make sure the host chooses Hades Moon set to Gold difficulty. Now the person who needs the achievement puts on all Oaths EXCEPT Thief since that oath is the most unforgiving, the rest are at least manageable.

Start up the game up and just obliterate everything. It is recommended that you have at least the SMG upgraded and you have your friend use healing on you when you need it.

Hope that you get good Tests of Faith and also remember that your lives are in a pool, so the person who should be dying (if at all) should be the person with the Oaths activated. Once you are done and the game leaves the gold room, the person with all the oaths activated should get this achievement.

1YCLiGJhbC8XCxoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzFjAAAAAOfn5-rzEe8=.jpg

The Hunter - 10:gsicon:

Kill 100 creatures.

Refer to 'Demon Cleaner.'

0ICLiGJhbC8QCxoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzFkAAAAAOfn5-9R+hY=.jpg

Demon Cleaner - 30:gsicon:

Kill 2500 creatures.

Killing 2500 creatures will not take long at all. You will get this fairly quickly before you are even into the meat of the game. It has been reported that it may take over 2500 kills for this one to properly unlock.

0YCLiGJhbC8RCxoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzFlAAAAAOfn5-6xAoU=.jpg

Embryo - 10:gsicon:

Destroy 50 scarab eggs before they hatch.

Scarab eggs are green and black eggs which will eventually hatch out enemies known as scarabs. Simply destroy them in the egg state until it pops (no pun intended). A good map for this one would be either Fortress or Basilisk Pit. Scarab eggs can also be sent out via Breeder enemies.

If you are unsure what Scarabs or Breeders are or what they look like, you can visit the bestiary in the main menu and see them.

1ICLiGJhbC8VCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzJhAAAAAOfn5-sg0GA=.jpg

Stairway to Hell - 20:gsicon:

Kill 20 creatures using the Hammer ability.

The Hammer ability becomes available to buy at level 14 and it costs 150,000 gold. Once you have fulfilled the requirements, equip this ability and then go into any map and just start whacking enemies away.

Kills from the "Hammer of the Gods" Test of Faith will also count towards this, so if this test shows up, make sure to take advantage of it.

1oCLiGJhbC8WCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzJiAAAAAOfn5-kB2dU=.jpg

Born a Legend - 10:gsicon:

Finish any map on any difficulty.

Refer to 'Odyssey.'

14CLiGJhbC8XCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzJjAAAAAOfn5-jhIUY=.jpg

Odyssey - 40:gsicon:

Complete all maps on hardest difficulty.

The hardest difficulty in this game is called Gold difficulty, and it isn't as hard as you'd think.

Before you attempt it (in solo or co-op) you will want to upgrade at least two guns of your choice (I suggest the SMG and Assault Rifle personally) and have already played through each level at least once on Bronze to know what's coming.

The game does not keep track of which ones you have already done on Gold, so it would be best for you to keep track yourself somewhere. There are five maps available in the game. Each level has a boss at the end except for Basilisk Pit and Hades Moon. The bosses are nothing fancy. Shoot until dead.

Note that if your game freezes at the scoreboard screen before you return to the main menu, you will have to complete the level again on Gold.

In case you are having trouble, here are some general tips:

• Use pickups wisely. Do not waste health or armor pickups if your health or armor is already near 100. Only use them in dire circumstances.
  • Ammo conservation. Ammo isn't a huge deal in this game, but it is still good practice to conserve what you can.
  • Oaths. Do not even think about using any on Gold difficulty.
  • Sprinting. Using sprint is vital in this game. You will need to herd enemies together and then take them out in groups.
  • Use the roll ability. Rolling is vital for dodging Minotaur attacks, and various other enemy attacks.
  • Save your ability charges. If you are using Healing (which is what I suggest to use), save it for when you need it.

0oCLiGJhbC8QCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzJkAAAAAOfn5-1Dyr8=.jpg

Badtriggerfinger - 10:gsicon:

Purchase your first weapon upgrade.

Refer to 'Burden In My Holster.'

04CLiGJhbC8RCBoIG1lSUmNmL2FjaC8wLzJlAAAAAOfn5-yjMiw=.jpg

Deathbound - 20:gsicon:

Complete any map without dying.

This is easiest done on Hades Moon on Bronze difficulty, with no Oaths. Make sure you are familiar with the game before attempting. It would be best to have an upgraded weapon. I suggest the SMG. This achievement may even come naturally.

CREDITS

Thanks to Atlus and Old School Games for bringing such an awesome and fun game to us!

The guide's title image was edited by me using online image editing programs. Copyright Atlus/Old School Games.

Thanks the the following people for their advice and input going into this guide:

• Shiftie for Embryo and Nothing Safe tips.
  • Anubit3Blad3 for the second ability upgrade cost.
  • K4rn4ge for posting up the method to reset your profile in case the Oath achievements bug out on you and for total gold required for all upgrades.
  • WORLDEATER for tips regarding Test of Faiths for achievements.
  • Mister Buds for general tips and notes.
  • xhunterrrr for the best gold farming method.

USEFUL LINKS

Achievement Discussion

Co-op/Achievement Trading Thread

Fix for Oath achievements not unlocking properly

Soundtrack link

Edited by Nevander

For Embryo you might want to add that the Breeder-type mobs are the primary source for the scarab eggs as they spew them out during combat. The eggs can also be found in the environment of a couple of the levels.

Also, Nothing Safe might be buggy, or you need to finish a map using ONLY 1 Oath (I've only used 3-6). (edit: nope, bugged. maybe because I should have gotten it in the trial?)

Edited by Shiftie

For Embryo you might want to add that the Breeder-type mobs are the primary source for the scarab eggs as they spew them out during combat. The eggs can also be found in the environment of a couple of the levels.

Also, Nothing Safe might be buggy, or you need to finish a map using ONLY 1 Oath (I've only used 3-6). (edit: nope, bugged. maybe because I should have gotten it in the trial?)

I unlocked all oath-related achievements just fine. Strange that they don't seem to unlock for everyone properly. My first maze, I used three oaths. After a few complete mazes, I then worked on 6 oaths on hard with Nevander.

Hey Nevander, you have my permission to add my workaround method for the "Nothing Safe" achievement to your achievement guide and roadmap if you like. Here's the link to my TA solution for it:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a176003/nothing-safe-achievement.htm

EDIT: Nothing Safe achievement not Nothing Sacred lol

Edited by K4rn4ge

Blow Up The Underworld - 30:gsicon:

Purchase all upgrades.

This is the big one. For this one, you are going to need to first of all reach level 24 and then amass a shit ton of gold. Not only must you purchase all abilities and guns, but also all the upgrades for them as well. Do not fret, as gold is not that hard to come by, and it can even be farmed. A simple way to get quick gold is to either replay Hades Moon on Gold difficulty solo or in co-op and collect as much gold as possible here. With more players, you get more time in the gold room, so you could take advantage of that and let one person get all the gold pickups in the time they can. Each ability has two upgrades worth 10,000 gold and [?] respectively. Each weapon has seven upgrades with the lower tier upgrades costing 10,000 gold and the higher tier upgrades costing 20,000 gold. There is also a single final upgrade for each gun for 30,000 gold. Once ALL has been bought, and all progress bars are maxed, this one will be yours. You will also most likely have the 400:gsicon: at this point.

Second Ability Upgrades are 20,000 gold each.

Hey Nevander, you have my permission to add my workaround method for the "Nothing Safe" achievement to your achievement guide and roadmap if you like. Here's the link to my TA solution for it:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a176003/nothing-safe-achievement.htm

EDIT: Nothing Safe achievement not Nothing Sacred lol

He has ur permission so u have copyright on this then hahahaha lol :drunk

You can add this info too if you like... In order to get the achievement for unlocking all upgrades, you need approximately 2.85 million gold. You can see your lifetime earnings of gold on the leaderboards.

The leaderboards don't seem to track stats from "Create Match" matches.

You really should use as many oaths as possible to farm gold, I suggest 5 (leaving the ability and armor ones off). With that many on, you will be doubling your gold harvest and if you spam Salvage as often as possible, you will be making 80-100k without breaking a sweat, resulting in 200k+ per run.

That's on solo bronze, I can imagine a team of four who are all spamming Salvage on Gold can rack up like 400k each. And surviving as many oaths as possible really is not hard with a maxed-out SMG and Revolver (the two best guns IMO).

You really should use as many oaths as possible to farm gold, I suggest 5 (leaving the ability and armor ones off). With that many on, you will be doubling your gold harvest and if you spam Salvage as often as possible, you will be making 80-100k without breaking a sweat, resulting in 200k+ per run.

That's on solo bronze, I can imagine a team of four who are all spamming Salvage on Gold can rack up like 400k each. And surviving as many oaths as possible really is not hard with a maxed-out SMG and Revolver (the two best guns IMO).

You should, but it's not that good. The poison one destroys you and the less damage to enemies doesn't help either. The rest are manageable. You can still get about 100,000 or more per run which is way better than what I was doing.

Even solo bronze with those five on is pretty hard, unless you actually HAVE god mode. I just tried it now and lost before the end, only making 50,000 when without that hard stuff on, would have made 100,000 easy. And the Revolver sucks balls. Tried it fully upgraded, shoots too damn slow. I prefer the Assault Rifle and SMG.

You should, but it's not that good. The poison one destroys you and the less damage to enemies doesn't help either. The rest are manageable. You can still get about 100,000 or more per run which is way better than what I was doing.

Even solo bronze with those five on is pretty hard, unless you actually HAVE god mode. I just tried it now and lost before the end, only making 50,000 when without that hard stuff on, would have made 100,000 easy. And the Revolver sucks balls. Tried it fully upgraded, shoots too damn slow. I prefer the Assault Rifle and SMG.

No offense, man, but you're doing something seriously wrong if you find bronze hard with a maxed-out SMG. I mean, sure, the game might throw a tough test of faith at you at the wrong time and you end up dying, but a regular run with the common tests is very easy even with 5-6 oaths on. And running 5 oaths means 100% additional gold gain, compared to maybe 15-30% with only a couple of them on. The large difference in income is obviously worth it.

And, no offense again, but you're just straight-up wrong about the guns... The revolver one-shots any small enemy even on gold, and on bronze you can kill the larger ones in 3-4 shots (excluding the cyclops). The assault rifle is inferior to both the revolver and the smg in every way; low rate of fire, low damage, small magazine, smaller ammo reserve than the SMG, etc.

Wait... I guess maybe you haven't turned on auto-aim in options yet? That's essential.

No offense, man, but you're doing something seriously wrong if you find bronze hard with a maxed-out SMG. I mean, sure, the game might throw a tough test of faith at you at the wrong time and you end up dying, but a regular run with the common tests is very easy even with 5-6 oaths on. And running 5 oaths means 100% additional gold gain, compared to maybe 15-30% with only a couple of them on. The large difference in income is obviously worth it.

And, no offense again, but you're just straight-up wrong about the guns... The revolver one-shots any small enemy even on gold, and on bronze you can kill the larger ones in 3-4 shots (excluding the cyclops). The assault rifle is inferior to both the revolver and the smg in every way; low rate of fire, low damage, small magazine, smaller ammo reserve than the SMG, etc.

Wait... I guess maybe you haven't turned on auto-aim in options yet? That's essential.

No, auto aim is on but personally it's easier for me to focus fire and spray with an automatic than wait three seconds to shoot again. People have different weapon preferences and it really depends on the person. To me, the Revolver sucks and I would much rather have a gun that shoots full auto.

While we're on the subject of tough tests of faith at the wrong time, I think I was given the worst combo ever: one run on Gold on Basilisk Pit, I got the Skeleton test on the final section. Needless to say, I got fucked up in a matter of seconds. Rofl.

Either way, I have all the upgrades now. About 100K a game was better than 36K a game, lol.

I have three unobtainable achievements worth a total of 80g in this game. All of which are Oath related. I've never had a problem with glitched achievements before, I wonder if it will even be patched? I have a feeling it won't.

There is a method to reset your in-game profile which then should allow you to obtain them, however you will lose all your stuff (like upgrades and rank).

You can find the method in the roadmap.