Beat on Realistic? Did or Didn't Get the Achievement? Discuss Here.

So, having read the pages of discussion here, the rule seems to be:

If you play through the campaign on realistic (and have a check mark against every scene) but the achievement doesn't unlock, go back and play through any scene you haven't played as Knight before (on realistic).

For those of you who play through the entire campaign as Knight and don't get the achievement...I can't help. Anyone in this position who finds a strategy that works, share it here.

:whs That's exactly my thoughts. Please only post if you've already beaten the game as Knight but didn't get the achievement for FSP, and then managed to unlock it later. We don't need people to post that they had no problems, or played a scene as knight, or shot Gabe or anything like that. If someone wants to post here and actually help, post something we don't know yet!! ;)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoopid Game.

I've completed it as Knight on normal with a friend, him hosting, and then on realistic with me hosting.

He got Freedom Shall Prevail, I didn't.

I went back and played the final checkpoint on my own, and didn't get the achievement.

Then I joined someone's game on the convention centre level, and carried on playing till after the monorail bomb.

Then I started a split screen game with another profile, and played as Knight with my profile again. Completed the first act.

None of these worked.

This is REALLY simple stuff for them to code. It's not like we've been bending the rules or anything.

Can't believe this sort of thing gets through QA.

Especially after there was a similar problem with the first Vegas game.

It's a staggering level of incompetence.

Rant over.

Anyone got any ideas? I guess my main remaining options are to play through the whole campaign AGAIN as Knight, and play through the campaign AGAIN on singleplayer.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.

You say it's easy to code this, when it's not.

The first Vegas had a similar problem where if you played Normal before realistic, the game wouldn't stay on the realistic difficulty. So it was near impossible to even get the achievement.

A similar thing has happened again, that's all.

You say it's easy to code this, when it's not.

The first Vegas had a similar problem where if you played Normal before realistic, the game wouldn't stay on the realistic difficulty. So it was near impossible to even get the achievement.

A similar thing has happened again, that's all.

It IS easy to code this sort of thing, in relation to the other parts of the game, e.g. the new physics, bullet penetration and AI routines.

Also, the fact that the original Vegas game had a similar problem is not an excuse for it happening again. In my eyes, that makes it even more incompetent. It's not like the developers were blindsided.

All the achievement code has to do is make a check to see if all levels have been completed on Realistic, and if they have, unlock the achievement.

If you take a look at Halo 3 and COD4 you'll see no problems with unlocking achievements for beating the game on the hardest setting.

It's not difficult to get right. I'm guessing they rushed it through QA to get it out before GTA4. It worked, because I bought the game, and I wouldn't have if it had been released at the same time as GTA4.

Can someone clarify something for me?

When people are saying that they've unlocked the achievement by first completing it on realistic as the host, then joining someone else's game as Knight and completing any scenes they hadn't done, do they mean completing any scenes they hadn't done on Realistic or just hadn't done on any difficulty.

i.e. I've completed the whole game as Bishop on realistic and Knight on normal. I've only done two acts as Knight on Realistic. Is it worth me playing through the whole game as Knight on Realistc?

i.e. I've completed the whole game as Bishop on realistic and Knight on normal. I've only done two acts as Knight on Realistic. Is it worth me playing through the whole game as Knight on Realistc?

For me, I only tried beating a scene I hadn't done as Knight on Realistic and it worked.

I don't know how your having completed as Knight on normal will affect things.

In the in-game rewards menu, do you have the ribbon for That Wasn't So Hard (beating one scene as Knight), or is that space empty? If it's empty, that seems to be an indication that beating a new scene as Knight should work.

Did you beat the two acts on Realistic as Knight before or after you beat Realistic as Bishop? If it's before, beating a scene as Knight on Realistic that you haven't already might do it.

If it's after, I'd say it's not looking good for you. Of course, if you're trying to get any other achievements anyway (XP-related ones, for example), it can't hurt to play through the rest of the campaign as Knight and see if you luck out getting FSP to unlock.

now i think ive got it

played throu whole thing on solo, no ach

played a bit of coop (1st four scenes as knight) before, this may have mucked it

anyway, how it happens there doesn;t seem to be much pattern, but what matter is fixin it

so i tried first scene as knight, no ach

tried the 5 th scene, which i hadnt done as knight, did it as knight, it popped up as i finished it

this explains y convention center works - if youve done ten scenes to get the knight achs then youll need to do the 11th whcih ids convention scene 1

if you've done the whole game as knight you should have got it, thou many people haven;t, and im sure they've tried killing gabe themselves on the last scene, so maybe try a scene as bishop that yoou havnt done (perhaps the last scene). btw really am sorry to say but a patch is pretty unlikely. i am still thinking of how to soleve the VGA EvIl's problem thou

also, my rank reset on this when i was 200 000 xp 2nd lietenant, lost all xp and aces (and weapons and armour) really pissed me off. So i searched it and if you start the game with the guide up / sign in as it starts up it might reset OR if you turn the xbox off when changing apperarencer it resets

hope thsi helps for people who do (PFC ach) or dont want their rank reset

I think the crux of it is, if you complete the game on realistic before beating it on normal, you've got a much better chance of unlocking the achievement.

Likewise, if you complete it on realistic before you've completed every scene with Knight, you can go back and compete a scene with Knight and it should unlock the achievement.

However, if you've completed the game completely with Knight, and completely on realistic, and you still don't have the achievement, you're screwed. Like me.

Ok so i've completed it 3 different ways on realistic now and still no achievement :mad:

1st time - Me and my bro completed it doing system link. I hosted some and so did he

2nd time - My bro hosted a splitscreen, so ive done every scene as Knight

3rd time - Just finished it completely on my own and still no achievement :mad:

Now its really pi**ing me off! :mad:

C'mon! sort it out Ubisoft... please?

after beating it on realistic and not getting the achievement try joining a coop game on any difficulty than realistic. if all your boxes are checked it should pop after you complete any 1 act. thats how i got it

hope this helps

after beating it on realistic and not getting the achievement try joining a coop game on any difficulty than realistic. if all your boxes are checked it should pop after you complete any 1 act. thats how i got it

hope this helps

When XBL is back to normal i'll give that a go... But im not getting my hopes up

However, if you've completed the game completely with Knight, and completely on realistic, and you still don't have the achievement, you're screwed. Like me.

I'm in the same boat.

I finished the game on Casual by myself, so I could know the story.

Then my friend, who never payed, hosted and I was Knight. He got it... I didn't. I have tried joining Realistic Co-op games on XBL. I have also done some solo rounds offline. Yes, all Realistic checkboxes are checked... even Showdown. I also shot the guy at the end.

I beat the whole game on realistic , solo ( Like you should have to , its way to easy Co , op) and i got the 75 point no problem.

I think this is a great glitch and teach all those who cheat co op a leason =)

I did the entire story on Realistic, by myself, and did not get the achievement.

Inform yourself before you make too many posts looking like a flat out prick.

P.S. Has anyone gotten it after the patch? They said it would pop right after loading your profile, no such luck for me.

EDIT: Literally seconds after posting this, I got it. I completed the first scene in single player after downloading the patch, and it popped. Give it a try just going through pic de pyranees on realistic, should pop shortly after the room where Gabe screws up and just starts shooting.