Does Old Brass Balls Trcik Work From BS1?

mcnichoj

i just tried this out and it does not work for either difficulty or vita chambers

looks like another whole playthrough

You must set the game on hard when it asks you for difficulty at the very start.

Old: In the last game you could play all the way up to the final boss on easy without dying, switch difficulty to hard, beat him, Achievement Unlocked!

Anyone close to the end of the game that's playing on easy (or someone that has beat the game on easy and still has there save file), can you try the trick and report your results?

Edited by mcnichoj

In the first one it said the same exact thing but it was a glitch and you could still do it and get the achievement. As for me I thought this game was pretty good, but not good enough to replay it on hard though I will have to to get the achievement.

I'm not sure I know when you go to options and select difficulty it says it disables achievements. So I don't know if they are lying or what. I plan on just playing through on Hard just for the challenge.
Does it? I though it just said difficulty affects achievements, much like the first one said.

I'm only a third of the way threw on easy, I'll probobly start over on hard anyway regardless of whether this trick works or not.

You know just switching difficultys at the end might not be enough, like in the 1st it had to be at a very specific point for it to work. Maybe someone whos completed the game but not on hard could do some testing, like switching the diffs at different points in the final battle & see if they get lucky.
If people want to try, then feel free to do so.

• 3 months later...