Worth buying?

SteamboatWi11y

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'm going to retract what I said above and present another opinion...

The game is fu**ing awesome!! It actually took me playing the game through AND the DLC to really get the vibe of this beast. I'm exactly halfway through my Nightmare playthrough and loving it.

Great story and I would have more than happy to pay full price for a copy that included the DLC. I bought this for 4 GBP which is an absolute steal!! Get it, Get it, GET IT!! lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The game is definitely worth getting. The story is deep and the controls are easy to get used to. However, do note that the controls do take some getting used to, as they aren't very similar to any of the mainstream games out there. The DLC are also worth purchasing, as they fill you in on certain things that you did not pick up on in the normal game.

Gamefly is sending me the game as we speak! Would you all recommend going for the collectibles on the first run through or just forgetting about them and just enjoying the game for the first play?? I can't decide :confused:

Don't spoil the game by going out of your way for collectibles.

Alan Wake is an amazing experience. Do it right.

Gamefly is sending me the game as we speak! Would you all recommend going for the collectibles on the first run through or just forgetting about them and just enjoying the game for the first play?? I can't decide :confused:

keep the collectibles for later. some of them (manuscripts) only appeared on nightmare difficulty that you unlock after finishing the game so don't waste time on that

• 3 weeks later...
Same. I still have a strong urge to replay this game from time to time. One of the few games that I genuinely enjoyed getting 100% in. None of the achievements really felt like a chore. Well, other than the coffee thermoses perhaps. :p

Indeed. Thats really pain in the ass

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...