How To Get Turtle Soup

L3giOn

Well as most of you already know, this achievement is partially glitched. Only a handful of people in the world have it right now (12 I think), and they seem to all have done it different ways. Some did it offline, some online, some destroyed all the clones first, some only one, some none, etc... So basically what I'm asking is if anyone gets the achievement, please post here explaining exactly how you got it. Tell us what turtle you were using, how many lives you lost, how many clones you killed, on or offline, or any other detail you can think of. It's driving me nuts that I've already filled the supposed requirements for the achievements 3 times, and still have nothing to show for it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everyone else who done the requirements for the achievement and did not get it I was very mad. This is what I did. I played online co-op with four people and I was Raphael. Everyone made it to Shredder and beat him I was the only one not turned into a little turtle, but we were all still alive when he was defeated. When he fell down I saw those wonderful words ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Also I died three times. I hope this helps everyone. If anyone wants to play just send me a message.

Gamertag

xKenBerryFan83x

lol, i was just gonna post about this not unlocking for me :(

Yeah offline didn't work for me.

This really needs to not remind me of Smash T.V glitches.... kinda annoyed

EDIT: I just beat it on co-op and DIDN'T get it. Had 4 ppl, 2 quit early, 1 died at the last stage so only I was left. Only died once on shredder and killed 0 clones. You probably have to make it to the end w/everyone :(

a guy on my friends list named oMAJIN VAGETAo got it by beating the game TWICE and not getting turned into the original turtle but i have yet to try it so if anyone wants to try it to confirm it go for it.

this is the message he sent me.

message 2 all friends im a TMNT MASTER LOL ok to get soup achievement you have 2 beat the game twice without turning into regular turtle BUZZ achievement unlocked ¥ ^_^ ¥

Well... I just beat it on single player the first time without getting turned into a regular turtle and did not get the achievement.

I have a theory though... although I have heard it only a few times it appears the way to get the achievement is to have all four turtles beat the game and those of the four that do not get changed to a regular turtle might get the achievement.

If anyone has gotten the ach. and seemed to have done it this way, please speak up.

here's what my friend sent me today but i have not tried this.

"dude im talking to someone who got the turtle soup achievement, and it has to be done with the host alive or the ending doesnt show, it just says gameover, beat the game, without turning into a turtle, with host alive, to see ending and get the soup1"

So legion and crash and peeps maybe its worth a try even though i thought that legion was host when he was suposed to get...

"dude im talking to someone who got the turtle soup achievement, and it has to be done with the host alive or the ending doesnt show, it just says gameover, beat the game, without turning into a turtle, with host alive, to see ending and get the soup1"

So legion and crash and peeps maybe its worth a try even though i thought that legion was host when he was suposed to get...

It's funny you should mention this...

I JUST beat it as the host and sole survivor of a four player game in which I did not get turtlized. And still... no achievement:mad:

This does not work. I played a 4-player match 2 nights ago and all 4 of us completed the game with me as host. I was not turned into a turtle, saw the ending, and I did not get the achievement.

I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.

2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.

3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal

4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk

5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello

6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off

7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray

8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself

9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement, and make sure all 4 are alive when you kill him

10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

Edit: Apparantly you do not need all 4 players to do this with, only 2. Thus, the steps are all the same except you only need to use two turtles. Thanks to those who pointed this out.

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME :woop: :woop: :woop:

In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.

Surely you have just contradicted youtself there, what do you mean?

EDIT: I read it back and I understand now, I'm a fecking retard...

I suppose I could have been clearer though I fail to see a contradiction...In any event, have the turtles/accounts that you want to get the achievements with die immediately and do not kill any foot soldiers, or any other item that gives you a kill point, with them throughout the game. Thus, you should play through the game with one turtle/account which you do not want to get the achievement with. Then proceed with the rest of the steps. I hope this makes it clearer. Sorry for any confusion.

I have just finished playing through the game using the method that Chewy used. I got the TURTLE SOUP ACHIEVEMENT!!! WOOHOO!!! This method does work! The only thing that I did different is that I only used 2 profiles/ turtles. If you use the method Chewy has posted above, you WILL get this achievement. PERIOD. Great work Chewy!!!

I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.

2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.

3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal

4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk

5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello

6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off

7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray

8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself

9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement, and make sure all 4 are alive when you kill him

10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME :woop: :woop: :woop:

Everything sounds good but you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE 4 PLAYERS. i did this with just 2 controllers. So those who dont have 4 good luck

I'm glad to see that it has worked for others. I didn't try with anything less than 4 players but apparantly less will work. Thank you for the clarification...Congrats to all who have gotten it.

By the way, this method works for some other achievements as well (not being burned by flamethrower, beat the general with less than 20 hits and beat krang with less then 10 hits). Just be alive when the boss appears and die. Then bring the player back right before the death of the boss and voila, achievement unlocked (of course make sure that you fulfill the requirements for the achievements as well).:)