The Official I'm Stuck/Achievement Questions Thread

Vendetta

Ask any and all questions here. I will post repeated asked questions in this post as well as the next one which I will reserve to do so.

I have all 1000 in the game and will be willing to answer your guys' questions here. Also to unlock recon please view my FAQ that is stickied at the top of the forum as well.

This is not to be posted anywhere but X360A else without my permission.

General ODST Questions:

Q: How do we get the Halo: Reach beta?

A: First off it is not out yet/live so this is probably TBD at a later date. I will do some research and post back.

Q: Is it better to install the game on the harddrive?

A: No because it will cause lagg at co-op.

Q: Are there avatar awards for ODST?

A: As of the release date 9/22/09 there are no avatar awards yet. Hopefully Microsoft decides to make this the first retail game with them.

Q: What is the deal with the 2nd disc with Halo ODST?

A: It essentially replaces your Halo 3 Disc for online play. However if you want to play campaign you will need to use your copy of Halo 3 to do that.

Q: Can I install the maps from the 2nd disc?

A: No you cannot. You must play off the disc to play all the maps.

Q: Can you unlock older matchmaking related achievements playing the 2nd ODST disc?

A: Yes you can. My friend confirmed this for me by getting a few earlier today.

Q: Do I need find the skulls from Halo 3 to be able to use them in ODST?

A: No they are unlocked for everyone in ODST by default.

Q: How Do I unlock Recon? I have all vidmaster achievements and I dont have it WTF???

A: See my FAQ On how to unlock it! There is more than just getting the achievements to get it. You have to do something else!! CLICK ME For Recon Guide!!

Mission Questions:

Q: Can I do the missions in any order?

A: Yes you can in any order you so please with the exception of Data Hive & Coastal Highway those are the last 2 missions.

Q: After completing the campaign can I free roam to finish up my achievements?

A: Yes and No because while there is no free roam after the completing the game you can always go to restart mission and choose any mission or the streets of Mombasa.

Q: How do I start missions?

A: Pull up your map with the :back: (back button) and there will be a beacon thing eminating frmo the map in said area. When you are there you should already be in VISR mode (if you are not press :xbut: to engage it). The item/artifact you need to start the mission should be surrounded in a bright yellow. Go up and hold the :rbbut: to start the misssion.

Q: What is the item to start this mission?

A: This is a work in progress unless others can help me out. I am at work right now and cannot remember everything off the top of my head.

NMPD HQ - a sniper rifle bent and hanging off of a power line. You can start this one by jumping on the truck right in front and holding the :rbbut: to start it.

Tayari Plaza - Helmet is in a building. You must go up the stairs in the building to the top floor. The helmet shattered a monitor.

Kizingo Blvd - A Gauss Turret is located above the building in the beacon area. Go into the building and up the stairs to the top floor. Go out the door and there is the turret.

ONI Alpha Site - A Remote detonator is at the end of the crumbled bridge in the beacon area. (Thanks to Cobbicus Prime)

Uplift Reserve -

Kikowani Station -

Data Hive & Coastal Highway - Unlocked upon completing all the above missions. Data hive is 2nd to last and Coastal is the last mission.

Q: How do I unlock the data hive & highway missions?

A: You have to finish the other levels in the game first. Then you will be stuck in an area of the map and you will need to find the beacon and you will start Data Hive. Upon completion of Data Hive the Highway Mission will start.

Achievement Questions

Q: My achievement is glitched! It is glitched! Help!?!

A: None of the achievements are glitched. I attained a full 1K on the game and had no problems what so ever. You are doing something wrong.

Q: How do you kill the engineers? I unloaded on them and killed them and I swear I am not a noob!

A: It is really easy to kill them actually. When they are around a group of brutes it makes the brutes harder to kill. So you need to either hit the engineer with a fully charged plasma pistol blast followed by a sniper or unloading SMG or pistol on him. Either that or you can stick it with a plasma grenade or a spike grenade.

Q: For The Good Samaritan achievement can you do this on co-op?

A: Yes you can just make sure your teammates do not deal any sort of damage to the engineer. You can kill the brutes, jackals, and grunts by it though. I know you can still get the achievement after it blows up because my friend was going for it first and one blew up but the counter for killing 10 did not go up. He still got the achievement after we finished up.

Q: Is the Naughty Naughty achievement combined with everyone in co-op?

A: No it is not combined with everyone. For some reason it is individual. When my friends and I went for it (we were all sitting in the same room playing) I killed one and the achievement progress window popped up for me but not them. This is better suited for a solo quick run to get.

Q: Why is that everytime I restart a mission from the main menu that it resets my campaign progress on co-op and solo?

A: I have no idea why bungie would do something like this. If you need to reload a mission to get an achievement just reload it after you complete the campaign that way you dont have to replay everything.

Q: I cannot get Deja Vu Vidmaster Achievement. It wont unlock please help me!

A: You cannot even get in the tank or the warthog in this map. You can get in the both the mongoose and the ghost and fire and use it to splatter. You can also die as many times as you have to do beat it. Just double check and make sure your difficulty is on Legendary and you have 4 players and it is on Highway.

Q: Help with Classic Vidmaster Achievement.

A: (Taken from my Recon Armor Guide)

Like the achievement guide says do this on Uplift Reserve. At the beginning flip the hog over and dodge and evade as much as possible. After you get to a point where a ghost is get in there. You can boost and splatter people and still get the achievement just make sure you never hit the right trigger. I was messing around pulling the trigger with the laser and did not get the achievement so I had to start over.

Q: Help with Endure Vidmaster Achievement. Won't unlock!

A: Make sure you are on Heroic difficulty and have 4 players. The achievement will unlock once the 5th set starts.

Q: My combat achievements wont carry over. Why can't I get my achievements?

A: Combat achievements like the 5 VISR kills, Pink Mist, etc... reset whenever you start a new mission. You need to get the achievement in a mission or in the map area where you can free roam. There is no way around this. You can also acquire these in Firefight mode.

Q: The Engineer blew up after I killed the enemies around him will I still get my achievement for not killing any?

A: Yes you can still get it as long as you did not shoot the engineer or damage him in any way with splash damage from rockets or a grenade. I tested this one out myself and it popped up as me killing the engineer due to my stick grenade that I used to stick a brute with.

Audio Log Questions:

Q: Why do my audio logs reset whenever I start a new campaign?

A: They will save on solo play as long as you dont start a new campaign. For co-op campaign you must get all the logs in one playthrough. It will save your progress when you quit but not if you start a new one with other people. I found this out the hard way and it created one extra playthrough.

Q: How can I check to see how many audiologs I have?

A: The only time you can check to see how many you have is when you pick one up. There will be a little achievement status square thingy that pops up and says 6/30 audio logs for example. There is no option in the menu or pause menu that will tell you. This makes this achievement a bit of a pain in the arse if you are not keeping track. Unfortunately you either have to go in numerical order like the map for the audio logs says to or you have to keep track yourself.

Q: Where can I find this audio log.

A: See the map here CLICK

Q: Do I get the audio log #30 first?

A: No you do not. That is the 2nd to last mission.

Q: I have finished all the missions on the free roam map and cannot get out of the area I am in to get the rest of the audio logs.

A: Sorry to say but you have to play again to get all the logs. You must get 29 logs before finishing the last mission that is on the map because it will trigger a part where you have to go underground to get to the last missions.

Edited by Vendetta

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions Regarding Firefight (Including SGT Johnson)

Unlockables:

Q: Where can I get SGT Johnson is he on the Marketplace?

A: No he was a pre-order exclusive at various retailers (Gamestop, Best Buy) and is currently not available to buy on the marketplace. This may or may not change. It is all up to Microsoft. He came on a little card that has a redemption code.

Q: Can I redeem the SGT Johnson Code More than Once?

A: No you cannot the code is for one time download only. After you download him you can use him as much as you please. I used him last night :D

Q: What are the unlockables?

A: Here is a list for you :)

Tayari Plaza unlocks Buck

Uplift Reserve unlocks Dutch

Kizingo Blvd unlocks Mickey

NMPD HQ unlocks Romeo

Beating Campaign on Legendary unlocks Dare

Data Hive Completion = Chasam 10 Firefight Map

ONI Alpha Site = Alpha Site map

Coastal Highway = Last Exit

Q: How many sets/rounds/waves must I beat to get Vidmaster: Endure?

A: Each Set is comprised of 3 rounds of 5 waves each. You have to beat 4 sets to get the achievement so a little math here... 4 sets x 3 rounds x 5 waves = 60 waves of Covenant.

Q: How do I unlock the rest of the maps for firefight?

A: You can unlock the maps by completing the rest of the game. Before going for your 200,000 pts on firefight please beat campaign first so you can have all the maps.

Q: For the 200,000 pt achievements can I do them on the night versions of the maps?

A: Yes you can

Q: For the 200K pt achievements can I do them with less than 4 people?

A: You can do them solo, with 2,3,4 people. Whatever floats your boat

Edited by Vendetta

Nice:) And it might be a stupid question but I can't find the item at the IMPO HQ Beacon...it's very annoying=\ Can you tell me where it is?

Edit: 1 more thing to add:

Q: Is it better to install the game on the harddrive?

A: No because it will cause lagg at co-op.

I had this and when I deleted the game from the harddrive it went with less lagg. Installed I lagged the full game (while I have good internet)

you mean the NMPD beacon? that one is a sniper rifle dangling from a power line. jump on the truck right in front of it and you will be able to hit :rbbut: to start it

also to the person asking about multiplayer achievements... yes you can. my buddy confirmed it with me that he unlocked a couple today with that disc. I will add both these questions to the FAQ :)

I am going to add what the beacon/item thingy looks like for each mission but I cannot do that till I get home since I am at work now (it is a slow day).

Here is another good question...

How do we get the Halo Reach Beta Code? Do we have to register for it?

oooh good one. I actually have not gone to the site the sticker on the cover says to. I will do some research on this and post appropriately on it! Will add the question to the thread. With A: TBD/Currently Researching :p

I may be wrong, but I believe the "clue in the mystery" achievements are slightly glitched. To get them, I think you need to play through the game with an uninterrupted save. Because I have the game completed on Legendary, but do not have the Super Sleuth achievement, I am assuming this is so.

I may be wrong, but I believe the "clue in the mystery" achievements are slightly glitched. To get them, I think you need to play through the game with an uninterrupted save. Because I have the game completed on Legendary, but do not have the Super Sleuth achievement, I am assuming this is so.

I did not have that problem. We got gumshoe and junior detective one night. Saved/quit and finished off super sleuth and legendary campaign the next night. According to the achievement guide the achievements are attained by beating a specific mission but I think that is incorrect. I cannot say for sure I will have to wait for other people to post since I already have all the achievements. Or if anyone else cares to say something please do :)

Does it take one consecutive playthrough for the difficulty achievements or can I just obtain them using mission replay / playing levels with people who already have them unlocked?

If you mission replay it deletes your progess and after you complete the mission it puts you back on the streets with every mission active except for the one you just beat. I would just play a whole new campaign personally just to be on the safe side. I dont see anything wrong with replaying but I think that it might be stupid and not give it to you. I would say just wait and see if anyone posts that they unlocked their achievement in that way.

same happened to me, took 1 break through the whole campaign on legendary. let me know if you playthrough again and unlock it?

How do I start a new campaign that will wipe my audio logs?

Bizzarre as that sounds, It'd be easier then for me to find them all then because I can scratch them off on the map as I find them, rather than having to go back and check which ones I have/n't found. @_@

Go To dash and delete your save. That should do the trick. Either that or click on a select mission and start it up and let it load. Then quit out and select a new campaign and try a different difficulty. That should reset the audio log count.

i beat the game, does that mean i have to star over to gets the rest of the audio logs? just clarifying what you said. also can i beat each level on legendary individually at different times and never even go to mombasa streets except for the first mission to get the achievement? or do i have to start a new campaign?

What's the easiest way to find 10 enemies to kill with the rocket launcher on Kizingo Blvd? Since you only get 2 rockets.

There are more rockets near where the tank comes for you to drive (not sure exactly). The video guide that's posted shows exactly where. The key being to kill the Grunts and Jackals when they are grouped together. If you get the other rockets, you get six shots, so double-kills will work. You just need to be quick as you allies will kill the weaker enemies before you can rocket them.

You can get the good samaritain achievement in co-op whether or not the others kill them, and even if YOU shoot at them. As long as you don't actually kill them and get the "naughty-naughty" counter. Your co-op buddy and you can get both the achievements in the same play through. Restart campaign and swap roles to get the other one... works great. BTW these will unlock at beginning of data hive mission if you did it correctly.

Edited by Lofinater23