Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread

Grohlvana

I finally found him today after hours of running through the wildlife sanctuary. For some random reason he wouldn't spawn for me, so I had my brother join(who found him there) and had him open the boxes. After two times Jimmy spawned. So if you know someone that found him have them join your game, and open the boxes, and he should spawn.

Still no luck... where should I go, WLP or Opportunity? I know it doesn't really matter but I'm losing confidence in thinking I'll ever find that bastard...

Dude take your own advice and go to opportunity and farm the two boxes and if those boxes arnt working so good I found a good box run that I'm gunna do and I just FOUND HIM :)))))))) so my videos coming soon I wil post it back :) thanks for the advice

The Opportunity spot worked for me too. I'd say about an hour of trying. It felt so damn good to see that bastard show up. Now I just need to find that damn Chubby and Donkey Mong.

The Creature Slaughterdome is a good place to look for a Chubby. My friends and I found a few in there. I, however, got the achievement before I reached level 10...

As for Donkey Mong, I found him twice by Mal (The robot in the "Real Boy" side quest) on a ledge below his hangout.

I know this isn't Jenkins related but I thought I'd help :)

I've been trying the Opportunity one for about 20 minutes now and I got 2 mini loaders...Jenkins is the last pain in the ass challenge I need to do D:

The Opportunity spot worked for me too. I'd say about an hour of trying. It felt so damn good to see that bastard show up. Now I just need to find that damn Chubby and Donkey Mong.

Yeah Donkey Mong appears under Mal's/Entrance to Ore Chasm, but he will only appear if King Mong isn't there when you come in the area and you cleared everyone out around his area.

Yeah Donkey Mong appears under Mal's/Entrance to Ore Chasm, but he will only appear if King Mong isn't there when you come in the area and you cleared everyone out around his area.

Found Donkey Mong about twenty minutes after I posted about it. Still no Chubby though. I'll chill out on looking for now since I have another playthrough. Hopefully I'll run into him.

I really hope gearbox moves JJ to a 100% secret box in a secret location or removes him as a challenge. 1. He is un-fun and destroys any point in trying to get the challenge achievement unless you find him on a different character and 2. 5 + hours now i have only ran into 8 loaders total, 2 in the creature domes for 4 hours and the last 6 in opportunity. This challenge is so poorly designed, i really hope the guy that made the joke has no opinion in future borderlands designs -_-.

Could you tell us kind of how to get to the mechs? Are they near the other boxes?

As you're running towards the 2 boxes at the barriers just look to the right and you will see multiple stairs and a raised area. To the right of the stairs is a set of doors and next to them are the 2 boxes.

Look at this video and at 00:25 you will see the area I'm trying to explain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7p0A9GVTtE]Borderlands 2 ZERO Gameplay Walkthrough! 10 Minutes of Assassin Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

I found and killed him twice in my game

It's easter egg challenge like easter egg achievements for Donkey Mong and Chubby to killed them. Random and rarest to find. You will find them in no time while playing game. If some of you can't find them in 1st playthrough then do it in 2nd playthrough, join other player or friend game or so depend your luck to find them. :)

Tip for Donkey Mong, he is random in same spot of course many forums and here mention it so if you can't find him first time then quit to main menu then reload and go find him if nothing do it again until you find him and kill him off. I got achievement hour ago, I have few times reload to find him. So chubby and Jenkins is natural progress for me because found them regulars in random places. :D

Quick short note as I found them: (maybe help you to find)

Donkey Mong - Alway random in same spot in SW Eridium Blight. There and here explains already and myself too. If can not find him then keep doing reload game until you win yourself to find and kill off in same spot.

Jenkins - Found him in chest right before big Goliath in wide open area in The Fringe (part of side mission where you have killed big Goliath with big chest on his back).

- Another Jenkins I found and killed him in Lynchwood, I found him as he wander around nearby Bandits in almost first area when you arrived wide open area after train station with fast travel and vendors anyway found him in alleyway while I killing bandit enemies and saw Jenkins and killed him off for more loots.

I yet didn't saw Jenkins in either main areas you lots mention it. I found him as I explain above it's Lynchwood and The Fringe is another chance to find him. He just like luck based for anyone find him.

Chubby enemies - Found some of them in my game. I knew and remember killed Chubby Spiderant in cave in Frostburn in early game and found few Chubby Spiderants in The Dust by doing missions and leveling up in natural progress. Also found Chubby Varkid in Caustic Caverns. Also there notice bit more numbers then rarest chubby enemies to find in late playthrough (I am in late playthrough and at Eridium Blight moment). :p

All those are random for you find and you will have them in no time by playing natural progressions.

Gearbox Software loved rarest, secret and random things for people to find.

Enjoy Easter hunters. :D

Thanks to the opportunity method I finally found this guy, thank you again to who posted that but I went out a created a video for anyone confused on where exactaly to find him and include an extra box run just incase if you don't wanna keep on farming just those 2 boxes. All I can say is don't give up and keep on trying and embrace his appearance as its pretty dang rare. Anyways thanks for watching :drunk

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BzqRbDo-Rbc]YouTube - Borderlands 2 - Jimmy Jenkins Farming (Opportunity Method)[/ame]

I really hope gearbox moves JJ to a 100% secret box in a secret location or removes him as a challenge. 1. He is un-fun and destroys any point in trying to get the challenge achievement unless you find him on a different character and 2. 5 + hours now i have only ran into 8 loaders total, 2 in the creature domes for 4 hours and the last 6 in opportunity. This challenge is so poorly designed, i really hope the guy that made the joke has no opinion in future borderlands designs -_-.

It's just a random fun thing they put in. Get over yourself...

If you open the boxes the first time its guaranteed to have 3 or 4 loot midgets, whereas if you have opened them before it is less likely for them to spawn. In fact, i could never any of them to spawn after i opened it the first time.

do you know if you go to this area for the first time, open the containers, and then farm them from there? or does it reset after opening them for the first time even if you don't progress?

My farming time has hit 5 hours just looking for jenkins, so I gave up for now and decided to search for him on vault hunter mode.

Thanks to the opportunity method I finally found this guy, thank you again to who posted that but I went out a created a video for anyone confused on where exactaly to find him and include an extra box run just incase if you don't wanna keep on farming just those 2 boxes. All I can say is don't give up and keep on trying and embrace his appearance as its pretty dang rare. Anyways thanks for watching :drunk

Off Topic - Where did you get the gun with the infinite symbol and the sniper rifle? I have a shotgun with the same design, now i wish to catch them all.

Off Topic - Where did you get the gun with the infinite symbol and the sniper rifle? I have a shotgun with the same design, now i wish to catch them all.

I'm not to sure exactaly what u mean infinite symbol, I wish I had an infinite gun haha but I got some of the guns cause I've played through twice and a friend droped in my game and desided to give me some also so yeah :uzi:

Thanks for watching:)