Achievement Guide for 'Tower of Babble'

bimbletonben

This is a step-by-step guide to how we got this achievement last night.

Step 1- kill all of the zombies and build the turbines ( you have one each) when round 2 starts go to the diner.

Step 2- keep opening the box until you have the EMP. If you don't get the EMP and the box gets the teddy the host must restart and rinse and repeat until a player gets the EMP. Make sure to keep one zombie alive!

Step 3- once you have the EMP got to the power room. You might need to do another round, depending on what you have in weapons from the box. If players have crap weapons you might need to go another round until you have the AKU off of the shed wall (1200 points) if more rounds are needed then still remember to keep a zombie alive. ALL 4 PLAYERS DO NOT NEED TO TURN POWER ON, one can stay upstairs with the zombie.

Step 4- so by keeping the zombie alive you should now be on round 3 or 4 with a good selection of weapons and someone with the EMP. From the power room head left to the cornfield by defeating little zombies that attach to your head, be careful not to kill the main zombie as he just respawns. Find the entrance to the cornfield, once in its left, then right, then left to get to the pile-on. Wait for all 4 players to kill the zombie.

Step 5- keep on doing the rounds until the electric zombie appears. Once he appears wait until he's under the pile-on, 2 players place their turbines and player with the EMP kills the electric zombie while his body is showing. (YOU CANNOT KILL HIM WITH KNIVES!! This method doesn't work!)

Remember to keep killing surrounding zombies as they will attack your turbines! Keep a zombie alive at the end, not a crawler as they just bleed out after 6 minutes. ( if you're quick a crawler may work though)

Step 6- THIS BIT A LOT OF PEOPLE GET WRONG... If two players turbines break YOU DON'T NEED TO GET ANOTHER ONE!! The people who's turbines broke can stay in the cornfield with the zombie, the other 2 players head back to the power room. You will notice if you've done it right the lamp posts will be flickering and dust particles come off of them. Wait for the bus, one heads to the bus depo, gets off and waits by the lamp post. The other player goes to the diner (next stop) exit the bus by the BACK door, pay for the cafe doors and head for the lamp post by the truck. Both players next to lamp posts now place their turbines on the floor and the achievement should unlock!

You do not need to place anymore by the pile-on as this was already done.

Special thanks for helping me get this achievement to Grohlvana, Shroom universe and The Luigi Vampa

I hope this helps, this is 100% accurate to how we did it. The electric zombie spawns at random points.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you first need to turn on the power to free the electric zombie, then you must wait for a speech from Maxis, and then turn the power off.

Therefore when you EMP the electric zombie... the power is off.

Edited by Vayos

So the table that you build at the pylon is not required? I understand it is for the other easter egg, but just assumed it needed to be there.

No, it's not required. There are 2 different ways to get the Easter Egg. The one he is talking about is how you do it with Dr. Maxis talking to you. The one with the gun parts is by doing what Richtofen says. I watched both videos and Richtofen's seemed like a lot harder way to do it then compared to this version. So I'd skip it.

I thought you first need to turn on the power to free the electric zombie, then you must wait for a speech from Maxis, and then turn the power off.

Therefore when you EMP the electric zombie... the power is off.

From what I understand, this is correct. He may have just missed it while writing this. The key thing he is mentioning which I myself don't know is true is about the lamp posts. That's the only thing different compared to the videos I've seen.

You do NOT need the EMP, but it is the easiest way to kill the electric zombie. The galvaknuckles are probably more useful for this, especially since they help when running to the cornfield.

Also, there is a way to force the electric zombie to appear, instead of waiting for it like this guide suggests.

-Turn the power on (and then turn it off)

-Wait until it is storming directly above you (I think the storm rotates throughout the entire map)

-Kill the last zombie to end the round WHILE it is storming

-The next round should start WITH an electric zombie near you (We tried this 3 straight times last night, only getting to round 3 or 4, and an electric zombie appeared every time)

You do NOT need the EMP, but it is the easiest way to kill the electric zombie. The galvaknuckles are probably more useful for this, especially since they help when running to the cornfield.

Also, there is a way to force the electric zombie to appear, instead of waiting for it like this guide suggests.

-Turn the power on (and then turn it off)

-Wait until it is storming directly above you (I think the storm rotates throughout the entire map)

-Kill the last zombie to end the round WHILE it is storming

-The next round should start WITH an electric zombie near you (We tried this 3 straight times last night, only getting to round 3 or 4, and an electric zombie appeared every time)

^ This. I mentioned this in a thread that is now buried sadly. It really needs to be mentioned in one of the guides somewhere. A lot of people still think he shows up randomly.

Are you sure you don't need the EMP specifically for the Tower of Babble achievement? Can anyone confirm this? If you don't, I'll just knife the guy 4 times. Hell, even on round 15 with 3 players I knifed him 4 times and he died. You don't need anything special to kill this guy. Just survive the wave with a crawler and you're golden.

Edited by intheshallow

I know this has been mention before but for the people who do not know, once you have done the EMP part with the electric guy, You only need to put the two turbines at the lamposts, Not at the cornfield, and still the achievement will pop, i dont know if you can do this with 2 players though as i did it in a group of 4, Better i way as 2 player can stay at cornfield with Zombie, also what the guy above said about the electric guy it is TRUE!! Just wait for the storm, and i would say 90% it would work first try for us, we also had monkeys, if you can get them too, they are such a big help, throw monkeys while your dealing with the electric guy worked like a dream!!! Good luck to you guys Peace out !!

Will any green light do because some people says it's at the bus depot and others says it's at the town?

Every guide I've seen uses the Bus Depot and Diner lamp post. But I'm sure any green would work. I don't see why not. There has already been some things the guides tack on that doesn't really have to be done at all.

So EMP is still needed. I am still wondering if this can be done with 2 or 3 people. This would definitely be a plus if you didn't need 4. I am going to try this tonight with 2/3 and see what happens.

I reckon any lamp posts would work, but we did bus depot & dinner just to be safe, Also i cant still why you need 4 players because of this, i would us 3 players not 2, So the 3rd player can hold the last zombie you have left after doing the electric guy, While 2 of you get the bus to the lamp posts because it take a while to get there! Like real life 15 minutes because of that stupid bus!!!

Every guide I've seen uses the Bus Depot and Diner lamp post. But I'm sure any green would work. I don't see why not. There has already been some things the guides tack on that doesn't really have to be done at all.

So EMP is still needed. I am still wondering if this can be done with 2 or 3 people. This would definitely be a plus if you didn't need 4. I am going to try this tonight with 2/3 and see what happens.

I would definitely like to know if you can do this with 2 people, so let us all know how you get on with it.

okay so me and my friends were on the last step of richtofens path for the easter egg but the only flickering teleporter was at the diner and the rest were normal.is this a glitch or did we do something wrong?

also do you have to do the emp step at specific teleporters or any of them will do and do you have to have the denzites create the portal?