Has anybody had any luck with a turbo controller?

ShazamFTW

I have the Hori EX2, and I can get X to fire off into infinity just fine, if I want to turbo fold and rebuy (which, for the 2500 Texas Heat achieve, that will do), but now with this new load of crap achievements, I actually need to play the hands, so I would need X & A to turbo at the same time.

For whatever reason, my controller won't do it.

Does anybody else have a turbo controller that will fire X & A at the same time that's had any luck with this? I have ZERO notion to go hunting for this achievement by actually playing the game, and would really just like to be done with it. If anybody has some good turbo controller stories, I'd love to hear them.

I have the same controller, I think you cant program 2 buttons, cause of how the game is designed, it like cancels out the buttons. I'm going for 10 four of a kinds, what im doin is a 25k buy in spread limit with 1 bot, and then try to get 75, 80k chips off him to start boosting hands. Don't do this online, cause if u bust out and have ur turbo mashing down on the A button, when you bust out, it will click ur profile, and keep sharing an achievement on Facebook. I woke up and had 1 achievement shared on my fb page over 37times. Lol oops

Edited by six pak mak
bad grammar

Yes, as mentioned above, turbo A button the free Tournament with 1 bot. Make sure it is the tournament since once you win or lose it will start up a new game. If you're playing a standard game and bust, it will need X button as a prompt which will ruin your turbo set-up.

I am up to 21,000+ hands and still don't have the 10 4-of-a-kinds. Very frustrated about that.

Actually, if you start a 1 on 1 tournament and sit out, and then turbo X button, you will continue to play for as long as you have money. What happens is eventually (after about 5 minutes) the ante gets large enough so that you go all in every hand.

This has a few benefits:

- Most of the achievements require getting the hands in a showdown, meaning both players stay in the pot through the river. This method makes every hand a showdown.

- The CPU will play every hand (due to you being all in). No folds or missed hands (even though they do count for # of hands, they wont get you the various achievements for certain types of hands)

- The HORI EX2 works for this, turbo X. I left my xbox on overnight over the course of several nights and got the 10k hands.

Note that you need a decent bankroll to do this, with the cheapest tournament (250?) buy in, I was losing about 600,000 over the course of a night.

• 1 month later...

For all win related achievements, it's best to play free tournament and Turbo A. It will just keep replaying the tournament and you'll eventually get Full houses, 4 of a kinds and One of each hand.

Statistically, the toughest to get is Straight Flush. Even though the odds are around 1:3500, I had to "play" (read: turbo) over 15,000 hands until the achievement.

However, if you only need 2500 Texas heat hands, it is best to turbo B. This will fold you every time, which if you play against humans will not ruin their game and have them be pissed at you, and if you're in an AI-only lobby, it will speed up the game significantly because 8/10 AI fold almost every hand. By turboing B, you can leave the game on for the full 2 hours (4 sessions), as it won't exit you to the main menu (it needs to have A pressed at one point). It will just cycle you into the next round.

If you're lucky enough (or have a laggy internet) to be in an AI-only lobby, you can clear about 100 hands in a 2 hour session. Human lobby is much slower, depending on the people playing, and you'll be lucky to get 60 hands in 2 hours.

EDIT: Freezing issue can still happen. I've had nights of 8 hours straight turboing without any problems, and some in which I find the game frozen in the morning. Also, it occasionally happens that you get booted from Texas Heat, but it has nothing to do with the turbo, it's their servers that suck.

Edited by Bistric