Dark Arisen Trailer.

XxStuartxX 1990

Dragon's Dogma's Dark Arisen expansion will arrive on April 23 and 26 in North America and Europe, respectively. This follows a reveal on Monday that the game would arrive in Japan on April 25. The $40 expansion will be available at retail in North America and Europe, as well as a digitally distributed title on the PlayStation Network. Dark Arisen sounds more like a relaunch of Dragon's Dogma, as it includes the full game, with travel improvements and "a more intuitive menu system." For those who already own Dragon's Dogma, the game provides the extra weapons and quests, allowing their old save data to be used with the new interface. For the experienced quester, the game also includes further bonuses for those who previously owned Dragon's Dogma, as they'll receive "100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free."

but will there be all new achievements?

So I'm kind confused, is this just an expansion pack meaning you need the original game and people who pick up the Dark Arisen disc can just play that (Like the GTA IV DLC disc) or does Dark Arisen actually have Dragon's Dogma and all its DLC on the disc as well meaning that picking up Dragon's Dogma is effectively useless once this comes out?

I'm really looking forward to this. I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma when I played it last year. So jumping back in sounds exciting. I too am wondering if this is going to count as a new game with a new achievement list. If not then I'll just download it off the marketplace. Either way it looks fantastic. :woop:

So I'm kind confused, is this just an expansion pack meaning you need the original game and people who pick up the Dark Arisen disc can just play that (Like the GTA IV DLC disc) or does Dark Arisen actually have Dragon's Dogma and all its DLC on the disc as well meaning that picking up Dragon's Dogma is effectively useless once this comes out?

I think its going to be a stand alone title, it origionally billed as DLC, but they said something about having no hooks in the main game at all, for it to attach to so it is only coming out at retail, but if this means it'll come with a modified origional game with hooks, or just the expansion, I don't know myself.

I've preordered anyway, £16 something from shopto.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, it's an expansion - presumed to be $20 - packaged with the original game. The total price would be $40. If my understanding is correct, that really pisses me off. I want the Dark Arisen expansion, but I'm not going to purchase the whole game again just to get it; I already own it! They're not releasing the expansion as DLC, which isn't surprising considering it's Capcom - the kings of the "Super Turbo" edition.

If I'm misunderstanding the way they're releasing the Dark Arisen expansion, I'd love to hear how I can get the expansion for $20 stand alone.

• 1 month later...