Achievement Discussion

Method

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out how to get the nailed a drum roll achievement. I played Lasso, which had the new drum roll, but maybe I need to play it in regular drums like the Fastest Feet achievement. If you choose the nailed a drum roll goal, the setlist that pops up has every song in the game and DLC, so obviously it's not going to work in older songs.

If Rock Band 2 DLC shows up in the setlist, then it should work on older songs.

Actually, certain drum and cymbal rolls now show up like sustain notes and you only have to keep tempo, not hit them perfectly. This is a new Rock Band 3 feature and is not in any older songs or DLC. I suspect that you need to do one of these rolls in regular drums mode.

Holy crap, I just got the triple harmony achievement in Cold As Ice on hard, singing into two mics, by accident! I was only doing it for fun. My friend got it while I was doing backup vocals for him on Du Hast (on some songs, the three parts don't run together, so you can hit two of them, while he hits another) but then we couldn't recreate it for me.

The NIN achievement is indeed on drums as it is a goal under drums. I was confused because I am playing pro drums and some achievements/goals stack and some don't. This one does, but still does not show up under pro drums.

You can't get Face Melter (beat 3 80's metal songs) on pro drums. I need to find it in the goals section of whatever instrument it's needed on (probably guitar.)

Edited by NoThru22

The NIN achievement is indeed on drums as it is a goal under drums. I was confused because I am playing pro drums and some achievements/goals stack and some don't. This one does, but still does not show up under pro drums.

You can't get Face Melter (beat 3 80's metal songs) on pro drums. I need to find it in the goals section of whatever instrument it's needed on (probably guitar.)

Yes. Face Melter is ONLY unlockable on guitar. The 53K HOPO achievement is also ONLY unlockable by playing guitar (bass HOPOs count towards bass goals but not towards THAT achievement). The achievement description isn't completely clear on that. :p

I wanted to ask you guys this last week:

Has anyone started working on a Rock Band 3 achievement guide yet? A handful of people got the game early, but no guide was posted. I wasn't sure if one was written and it just hadn't been posted or not. If no one got around to it, I could post a temp guide Wednesday evening for everyone. Some of the achievement descriptions are not completely clear and a guide would make short work of some of these cheevos.

I made some notes about some of them and some helpful tips that might be useful to some of you. For example:

All challenges with specific custom setlists (like a "Country Custom Setlist") can be changed to meet whatever criteria you need to finish other achievements (Rock Band 3 only, DLC only, etc). The fastest way to get through the achievements would be to work on the DLC achievements in challenges...or whichever ones you want to knock out first. Either way, it's best to start with challenge mode off the bat. And players can work on the RB3 song-related cheevos when the only setlist choices include RB3 songs and random setlists.

And one note about random setlists--when you select one, the top of the screen tell you what songs have been chosen. So you can select and back out of a set until you get the song(s) you need to play for achievements.

Yeah...that's just a little example. It comes across as a bit that belongs in a Road Map, but I think you guys can get an idea of the descriptions with the above. I know that people on this board get outraged if someone works on a guide that they also worked on. But I REALLY just want to make sure that the achievement descriptions can be easily explained to everyone (a guide would help with that). I can't tell you how much time I would've saved on day one with clearer explanations than the ones the game DIDN'T tell me. :p

So if you guys think this sounds like a good idea, just post in this thread and I'll try to have it typed up by Wednesday evening. I have the Pro drums and all the other instruments except the keyboard (I'm getting that by UPS Wednesday) and the Pro guitar (waiting on the Squire next year, so that info would have to be supplied by someone that pre-ordered a Mustang). :)

Edited by theshieguy

bass is due late next year if they can push it or spring of 012. they really wanted one out now but decided against it because of people wanting guitar more.

Source, please. Last I heard, a Pro bass was nothing more than a thought on Madcatz' mind. The Squier hasn't even launched, and they wouldn't start production on a Pro bass if the Pro guitar doesn't exceed expectations.

anyone done endless setlist with guitar? i want to do guitar but not every song on disc has guitar available.

I just finished it on solo Guitar, and the achievement does unlock. "Imagine" still shows up in the setlist, but as you have no chart to play you just wait for it to end and then continue on to the next song.

could i turn on no fail mode for endless setlist and walk away from the game?

I've read that you can, but you need to press A at the end of every song. So you can walk away, but only for minutes at a time.

Also, there's an edit button.

As an addition from the guide thread (figured this was a better place to put it):

Most Authentic Strummer:

Is anyone else having weird upstrum issues on bass?

I went to do the 100% upstrum challenge, and while playing Charlene it randomly thinks I'm downstrumming when I'm really not (the percentage upstrummed decreases on random notes). I've tried it on two guitars (RB1 wired and RB2 strat wireless) and I've had no trouble before. I've also tried holding the strumbar in different upward positions to no avail.

EDIT: I seem to be making progress by holding onto and pulling the strumbar outward and strumming up. Maybe the down sensor is really really sensitive.

EDIT2: Really weird, there seems to be this strange up/down threshold. If I hit early, it's an upstrum, otherwise it's a downstrum. I 100% the song regardless, so I'm not missing anything. Maybe the timing window is really funky and likes to mess up the note hits.

Finally got it, though. That's messed up.

Edited by Firvagor