Goddamn load times

Viper187

Why the hell does it take like 5 minutes to load a checkpoint whether the game is installed or not? I fucking hate this generation of gaming. All anyone's interested in is pretty graphics and nobody gives a fuck how long their shit takes to load.

Why the hell does it take like 5 minutes to load a checkpoint whether the game is installed or not? I fucking hate this generation of gaming. All anyone's interested in is pretty graphics and nobody gives a fuck how long their shit takes to load.

Well, installing this game doesn't do a damn thing speed wise.

I've personally never experienced 5 minute load times either.

Edited by dwayne_hicks

Why the hell does it take like 5 minutes to load a checkpoint

It takes like 45 seconds to reload a checkpoint every time.

which statement of the two is it?

Maybe you should shake your console while it's loading. Or just quit bitching about a few seconds load-time.

I have no idea what the OP is talking about. I have the game installed (as it should be unless you are playing Doom1 and 2 off the disk) and it takes 10 to 15 seconds to load a checkpoint.

You really want some long load times.. Play Duke Nukem Forever. Everytime you die you almost have to wait 1:30 for it to load the checkpoints... And that's with the game installed.

My game loads in just a few seconds.

Is your HD full up?

Try deleting some stuff you're not playing and clear your cache.

Let us know how you get on.

Az

If I clear the cache, then it starts popping title updates for every goddamn game I own again, and I own 265 games.

I guess people are used to the COD generation, where reloading take 5 secs max... so 45 secs seem a long time...

If you play normal its not a big deal... you don't die too much, but when you do the hardest difficulty... its a pain in the butt big time...

COD my ass. I miss the cartridge days when there was 0 load time on everything. I wish they'd switch to flash memory for the next gen instead of optical discs.

If I clear the cache, then it starts popping title updates for every goddamn game I own again, and I own 265 games.

I have more than that.

Just don't install them to your hard drive.

Are you near full up?

You might want to clear some storage. Just delete some of the stuff you're not playing at the moment.

It might help.

Az

COD my ass. I miss the cartridge days when there was 0 load time on everything. I wish they'd switch to flash memory for the next gen instead of optical discs.

Haha, I'm with you on that. Back then "Our load times" consisted of us blowing into the cartridge slots!

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4772778882106047&pid=1.7&w=226&h=153&c=7&rs=1

Those were the days! ;)

I'm not an expert but my guess is that they didn't really take the time to take advantage of the 360's capabilities and/or limits unlike some of the other "bigger" (what they call AAA) releases. That and the fact that it was released on more than just 360 itself (why put more resources into programming ONE version to take advantage of its system?).

Another game that suffered majorly in regards to loading times despite it's obvious technological age was Duke Nukem Forever. Personally though while I find these loading screens annoying i'm glad that it at least runs far smoother and still looks half decent considering. Could be a lot worse...

Haha, I'm with you on that. Back then "Our load times" consisted of us blowing into the cartridge slots!

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4772778882106047&pid=1.7&w=226&h=153&c=7&rs=1

Those were the days! ;)

You just made me realize how much a pain in the arse that was. It made you look so stupid! Ahh memories...