Halo 4 Legendary Guide & Walkthrough

BiggD

Just so everyone knows, BiggD and I have been going through the missions trying to find out things to put into the guide. What really ends up happening, is he does all of the stuff to make progress and find things out, and I spend 100% of my time being as unhelpful as possible. Here's some highlights.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ieG6tDvVXk]Halo 4 - Legendary Guide Progress Pt. 1 - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking fantastic now! :D

It's a great combo...The DMR/Needle Rifle with a Plasma Pistol is just an avalanche of destruction!

I'm hoping to finish Reach and CE:A as soon as possible, because I want to save Halo 4 until I've finished every Halo on Legendary (except for Wars, because it'll take me a long time to get decent at an RTS).

Thanks my man :) I miss that Needle Rifle. It would have been nice if they brought it back, but the Carbine is just as effective. Don't worry about Halo Wars my friend. I still have my copy and haven't even touched it. In fact, it's still got the plastic wrapping on it lol :p

Just so everyone knows, BiggD and I have been going through the missions trying to find out things to put into the guide. What really ends up happening, is he does all of the stuff to make progress and find things out, and I spend 100% of my time being as unhelpful as possible. Here's some highlights.

LOLOLOLOLOL! I cannot help but to still laugh at the entire Wraith segment. Everything about it is just perfect.

It's unfortunate that it's missing the commentary of me yelling at you to get a plasma pistol.

That would have made it 10x better lol. Do Capture Cards not pick up audio/voice?

EDIT: Actually, don't answer that. Even if they do...some of the stuff we say isn't necessarily appropriate :p

Edited by BiggD

is it just me or does that wraith spin around much faster than you are able to in War Games multiplayer?

That would have made it 10x better lol. Do Capture Cards not pick up audio/voice?

On their own, a capture card can capture the voices of everyone but the person capturing the video. This is due to the way Xbox party chat works. You can set your system to output chat to both the headset and the television, so the voices of others are sent along the same line as the audio for the game, and the capture card records it.

In order to capture your own voice you need to split the signal coming from your mic into your PC and use a separate audio recording program to capture it. then put the two together in whatever editing program you use. Syncing your voice to the video can be tricky. Personally, I've never bothered, despite having the splitter and audio program needed. *shrug* Guess I'm just lazy.

is it just me or does that wraith spin around much faster than you are able to in War Games multiplayer?

Well it is a wraith on Legendary, so they prolly gave it some kind of bullshit property making it move faster like enemy projectiles.

On their own, a capture card can capture the voices of everyone but the person capturing the video. This is due to the way Xbox party chat works. You can set your system to output chat to both the headset and the television, so the voices of others are sent along the same line as the audio for the game, and the capture card records it.

In order to capture your own voice you need to split the signal coming from your mic into your PC and use a separate audio recording program to capture it. then put the two together in whatever editing program you use. Syncing your voice to the video can be tricky. Personally, I've never bothered, despite having the splitter and audio program needed. *shrug* Guess I'm just lazy.

This is all correct. The most common free program is probably Audacity, and it is really good. We aren't really saying anything interesting most of the time, mostly talking about the games and this forum, but every once in awhile something does happen where I wish we were recording audio.

Even though I already finish the missions solo on legendary, this is really worth to read because I'm still new with this Halo universe (I started playing Halo Reach a couple of days before Halo 4 went out). A big thank you.

Regarding the Mantis, beside mission 4, you can also used it in mission 7 (Composer).

Even though I already finish the missions solo on legendary, this is really worth to read because I'm still new with this Halo universe (I started playing Halo Reach a couple of days before Halo 4 went out). A big thank you.

Regarding the Mantis, beside mission 4, you can also used it in mission 7 (Composer).

Anything for the community. I'm a HUGE Halo fanatic so if by making this Guide means that it will help others get a better understanding of the Campaign and lure them deep into the Halo Universe so that they can learn about the story behind the games, then I have done my job :)

Thanks for the tip, I don't know how I missed that. I'll add it in this evening.

The guide looks really amazing! I honestly can't believe you pulled all of this together in such a short amount of time. Everything is really easy to follow and well-written. I had a ton of fun playing the campaign with you and Reverend, and all the dumb shit we did was awesome even without it contributing to the guide.

It really makes me think that having a community game night would be a lot fun if everyone else who uses this forum is as cool as you guys. Well, hopefully they would be cooler than Reverend and not kick me before the final cutscene.

But again, really great job man.

The guide looks really amazing! I honestly can't believe you pulled all of this together in such a short amount of time. Everything is really easy to follow and well-written. I had a ton of fun playing the campaign with you and Reverend, and all the dumb shit we did was awesome even without it contributing to the guide.

It really makes me think that having a community game night would be a lot fun if everyone else who uses this forum is as cool as you guys. Well, hopefully they would be cooler than Reverend and not kick me before the final cutscene.

But again, really great job man.

Thanks my man. I've honestly done nothing for the past three weeks but work on this so I hope the rest of the community finds it beneficial through their Legendary playthrough. Our Campaign runs were too entertaining - I already plan to team up with you guys in the future for Halo 5, so we can continue to fuck around while playing.

A community game night would be pretty sweet if we got enough people -- someone would definitely have to be in charge of getting everyone rounded up for such an event.

Anyways, now I can finally go back to actually playing War Games and catching up on my Halo novels.

Hope you all enjoy and Happy Holidays to all!

Well, hopefully they would be cooler than Reverend and not kick me before the final cutscene.

I just could help it man! It was tempting me for 3 levels. :p Besides, it was funny! Add it to your next "dumb stuff" video as your last clip. Only thing that would have made it funnier is if one of us had been recording audio. ;) rofl

I just could help it man! It was tempting me for 3 levels. :p Besides, it was funny! Add it to your next "dumb stuff" video as your last clip. Only thing that would have made it funnier is if one of us had been recording audio. ;) rofl

Ahh yes, definitely make another outtakes video next weekend, Gheuh. I'll add all those at some point for some good laughs :D

Between my computer somehow corrupting one of the videos I was going to make clips out of and my computer not being able to let me edit a 30 minute long video without taking fucking 20 minutes to render a preview every time I trimmed something, I barely ended up making this second blooper reel video. The editing in it is pretty awful, but since only like 10 people will watch it, it doesn't matter much.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQFUN7ecX4]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQFUN7ecX4[/ame]

Between my computer somehow corrupting one of the videos I was going to make clips out of and my computer not being able to let me edit a 30 minute long video without taking fucking 20 minutes to render a preview every time I trimmed something, I barely ended up making this second blooper reel video. The editing in it is pretty awful, but since only like 10 people will watch it, it doesn't matter much.

LOLOL! At about 1:00 & 1:36, that's fucking perfect man!! I still can't believe Reverend fucking kicked you :p