Game reset glitch.

Hutchy27

I completed episode 3 earlier today and then a few hours later I went to complete episode 4 but when I clicked on my saved game and hit continue, it started up episode 1 and now that save game has been reset to episode one.

I didn't hit rewind and have no idea why this occurred. I'm guessing that I'll have to redo up to where I was at, which is annoying as I'm really eager to finish the story.

So, basically does anyone have any ideas why this happened?

I purchased The Walking Dead during the XBL sale. I played ep 1 yesterday to completion. Tried starting ep 2 today only to have it load up the last chapter of ep 1. I replayed the end of ep 1 and tried starting ep 2 only to have it reload the end of ep 1 again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there known fixes?

I purchased The Walking Dead during the XBL sale. I played ep 1 yesterday to completion. Tried starting ep 2 today only to have it load up the last chapter of ep 1. I replayed the end of ep 1 and tried starting ep 2 only to have it reload the end of ep 1 again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there known fixes?

I have had similar issues with the game not recognizing what episode I am on. I dashboard and reload The Walking Dead and try again. It has worked almost all the time.

I'd say it's worth a shot to see if it helps you as well. Good luck! :)

I completed episode 3 earlier today and then a few hours later I went to complete episode 4 but when I clicked on my saved game and hit continue, it started up episode 1 and now that save game has been reset to episode one.

I didn't hit rewind and have no idea why this occurred. I'm guessing that I'll have to redo up to where I was at, which is annoying as I'm really eager to finish the story.

So, basically does anyone have any ideas why this happened?

I had the same problem, I quit the game after an autosave near the end of episode 4, came back to finish it later and it restarted the game from episode 1 so I had to replay the whole of ep4 again

the only episode you should have to replay is the episode you were in the middle of when the glitch happened...happened to me a couple days ago when I was halfway through episode 3...but I went back out to the episode select and just picked episode 3...I was angry that I had to redo episode 3 but all my choices were still intact

just happend to me too, im so pissed!! i was at the very end of episode 4, i only had one achievement left, i stopped playing after an autosave and when i reloaded the save it started me on episode 1. ive tried to restart and it didnt fix it. the only thing i can think of that might fix this is deleting the episodes that have been completed. has anyone tried this?

I DID do the game in one go from start to finish though.

That probably helped. This game rest happened for me as well at the start of Ep 4. I was FURIOUS for a moment when it loaded Ep 1 after I had hit continue. However, I quit the game and attempted to load up the game again and sure enough it had me back on track. The game save even said Ep 1 so I thought I was screwed, but somehow it allowed me to keep going. So if this happens make sure you quit before picking up another save as you might be able to pick up where you left off if you're quick enough.

That probably helped. This game rest happened for me as well at the start of Ep 4. I was FURIOUS for a moment when it loaded Ep 1 after I had hit continue. However, I quit the game and attempted to load up the game again and sure enough it had me back on track. The game save even said Ep 1 so I thought I was screwed, but somehow it allowed me to keep going. So if this happens make sure you quit before picking up another save as you might be able to pick up where you left off if you're quick enough.

i did do that and it didnt work for me, i havent turned the game on since, im gonna try again tonight and if it doesnt work try clearing the cache and trying that way

I bought the game on the countdown sale.

I played it and completed Episodes 1 & 2 a few days ago, now I'm trying to play episode 3 but it loaded up episode 5 for some reason. I quit and tried to load up Ep. 3 again, now it's just sitting at a black screen and all I hear is thunder and some walking on dried up leaves. wtf:confused: