Blood stone vs. Quantum of solice

Difficult question, there's no accounting for taste and all that. Blood stone has more driving in it. It hasn't got the same engine as quantum of solace (cod4 engine), but bizarre's (blur, PGR) own engine (hence the more driving i guess). You could compare them roughly to cod4 (QoS) and SC: Conviction (Blood Stone), though less enjoyable in both cases if you ask me :p. Liking QoS doesn't necessarily mean you will like Blood stone, I guess. A friend of mine owns both and likes both of them though, and both get mostly decent enough reviews.

Don't think this helps, but I'm just trying to help you out in the best way I personally can :p

I would have to say personal preference I preferred QoS. If you don't care about gamerscore then I would recommend just renting Blood Stone as to get your 1,000 it will take a long long time online. Especially considering the lag and glitches you will have to compete against! The main story can do be done in a few hours and then you're left with multiplayer which is a last minute add on that pales in insignificance compared to QoS. The community is nearly dead already and is mainly full of people who are trying to slowly work their way to through the last remaining achievements!

• 2 weeks later...

Both games story lines are amazing.

I personaly like Blood Stone's story a bit more.

The multyplayer is by far better in QoS.

This game's multyplayer feels like getting repeatedly getting struck in the ball!

It consist of spawn killing and camping.

And thats all.

You do ocasionaly find a group that likes to run around. So those games arent that bad.

If you are going to buy Blood Stone I would say good luck to you sir.

Blood Stone - SP

Quantom Of Solace - MP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem with games like Blood Stone is they try to do acouple of things.. ie stealth then driving.. This normally fails epically, which it has!

Quantum of Solace has a ok story but the multiplayer was seriously underrated.. (due to call of duty series).

The multiplayer is VERY easy to get to grips with on QoS and highly enjoyable.

Ive 1000d QoS twice now..for someone else as i enjoyed the multiplayer so much.

Im dreading doing the MP in Bloodstone!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I prefer Blood Stone to QOS because QOS was basically a carbon copy of a CoD game, where as this is a bit more unique. I like the fact you can sneak in this one and the use of the phone is awesome. The driving sections arn't that bad either.

My only gripe with this game is there is no way to sneak meaning they always hear you when you are trying to stealth kill them. Even walking slow they hear you coming. I haven't played online yet so I can't comment on that...yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
And what do you know, people like QoS and it's made by Treyarch. Which people still bag on and say they make crap games. QoS is an example of a perfect game. No flaws, no broken mechanics, and just fun.

I loved Quantum of Solace, but I need to disagree on the no flaws, only because the multiplayer was really glitchy. I was reset and lost all my weapons, money, etc. at least three times.

Still, it was a lot more fun than Bloodstone.

I prefer Blood Stone to QOS because QOS was basically a carbon copy of a CoD game, where as this is a bit more unique.QUOTE]

How is QoS a carbon copy of a CoD game? Other than there being one particular over powered shotgun that everyone uses all the damn time.

• 1 month later...

They are very different, as 'Quantum of Solice' is a first person shooter and 'Blood Stone' is a third person shooter (with a few racing parts). :)

I really like them both, but I think I could play 'Quantum of Solace' for a longer time as I think 'Blood Stone' may get boring as soon as you have all Achievements. :D

On the other side, we have a new Dominique Paradis in this game (if you know what I mean)... ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have much more fond memories playing QoS, Blood Stone seems pretty lazy and there are a variety of things I would criticize it for. Although QoS was a CoD port it was an imitation of an engine that worked, this unfortunately does not. I suppose the worst thing about Blood Stone is the tireless MP grinding on 2 maps. Whenever you respawn instead of reloading your guns, Bizarre has decided to just let you crap your gun out and give you a new one. Ugh I just hate this game..... QoS for me even though Golden Gun mode was the worst game mode ever.