Seriously...?

alphakira

I'll try to type this without throwing a fit. I've played this endless mode nonstop for the past couple of weeks. I just start it up again and I'm on level 1. I see that this has happened to other people as well, is there any work around or is "tough, start from scratch" the work around? I don't think I've been this pissed off at a game since my PS1 memory card erased itself 10+ years back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

it has not been fixed, i think. at least, this happened to me one month ago. i've read that you should always plug out your internet cable. cause when you are playing the endless mode and for some reason disconnect from xbox live, the endelss mode resets to level 1.

however i got the reset when i stupidly turned the xbox off, without saving the game. (back to main menu). i had my xbox running for a coupke of hours, while i watched tv. then i wanted to go to bed and turned everything off. next day i recognized what happened and i realy could kick myself somewhere. i was level 170 something.

so...i always plug out the internet cable and save before i switch channels now.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Just happened to me after months of play, was at 36-hundred something on the leaderboard I think, about a third of the way to the 60 mil or so you need. I'm so pissed off, but I'm not wasting any more time on this. 3 is MUCH better, and even though I'm at the full 200 on it, I'll stick to that for relaxation. 2 has been deleted. :mad:

• 1 month later...

Oddly I was playing, and got to level 102 and I started advance, it cut me to level 2 with 5,400 points. I am so pissed right now! (good thing I have judo practice to night) And what's worse, this is my 9th or 10th try at this cheevo! (I'm gonna go back to Skyrim and find me some bunnies to slaughter!) :Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
Oddly I was playing, and got to level 102 and I started advance, it cut me to level 2 with 5,400 points. I am so pissed right now! (good thing I have judo practice to night) And what's worse, this is my 9th or 10th try at this cheevo! (I'm gonna go back to Skyrim and find me some bunnies to slaughter!) :Bounce:

guys guys, it happened to me to, twice! but you should read my guide and follow it. The most important thing is: DONT PLAY ONLINE, ALWAYS BE OFFLINE WHEN PLAYING!

• 2 months later...

I just finished Endless mode a few days ago. I was lucky and never got reset back to level 1. I followed the advice of others in the forum and always quit out properly after I was done playing (in the later levels I would actually save after each level, even if I was planning on playing through the next one). I never played offline, but that was personal preference, since I wanted all my achievements to have a timestamp. I probably would have regretted it if the power had gone out while I was playing lol.

Regarding the multi-mode glitch, luckily it wasn't an issue for me. I played Classic mode first, followed by Puzzle, then Endless, finishing with Action. Once I completed Action mode, I made sure to not press 'A' until both achievements popped. I earned 'Multi-mode' first, then 'Action' popped. I never backed up my save, but it's probably not a bad idea. It would at least give you some insurance if you had the glitch happen to you.

Currently trying to finish up Hyper mode (which is the toughest mode so far, in my opinion), then it's on to Finity and game complete!

• 2 months later...