Achievement Guide and Road Map (1750)

The Pants Party

The One Shot is in Act 3 when you defend Anvil Gate or in Act 2 when you sneak into the Locust base to hijack the Gas-Barge ( when you have to kill the guards without them sounding the alarm.)

Also: I got the 0G achievement when i started up Gears 3: Played 1+2, completed both of them on insane, and am a level 100 in Gears 2, hope that helps figuring out when this unlocks...^^'

Yeah, you can get the One Shot (and also Mortar) near the start of Act 2, Forced Entry. I suppose it'll probably be easier to alert the enemy, if not you can also use them on the ones who come out from the side gate. You can also get it in Airborne (also Act 2), after defending the first wave, and after Dizzy opens up the ammo stash (which also has a Hammer of Dawn, Torque Bow etc.).

Edited by phazer

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required just for the bronze medal which is 75 MVPs, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.

For Big Leagues (I said I would edit but there have been a lot of replies) I played a few matches, am now 20 I can still access casual mode and did not receive the achievement. I could have sworn I heard/read somewhere that once at 18 casual becomes unavailable, but obviously this is not the case, at the very least for me. I even restarted the game to "reload" all the progress and same thing applies. SO I don't know what to say.

private counts if you have a full game of bots. i got a few mvps playing CTL

I'm sure Epic will fix this issue. From the achievement description it seems you just need to play a casual match or a few at least, obviously the achievement popping right away if your casual match access is blocked. Maybe me jumping into standard right away kept it from popping? But even so, you would figure with my gears 1 achievements on my card I "shouldn't" have been able to even access casual. I kinda feel bad for playing it, as I am not new to the game really, I hold my own in normal matches, and tend to be MVP almost every match in casual, but I want my cheevo!!!!!!

It isn't just tons of hours, MVP (most points in a match) just to name one, takes a lot of skill to get the number required just for the bronze medal which is 75 MVPs, Onyx will probably be at least 500 probably more unless Private matches count for medals, which I doubt... even then millions of hours of boosting like Pants said.

Private matches do count for the medals, and this achievement is a pure grind because of it. Just play against Casual bots in private matches and 1 billion hours later you'll have the achievement.

The 0G Cheevo popped for me as soon as I loaded up the game. It flashed up the few things I'd unlocked (gold lancer, chrome, etc.) then the achievement popped up. If it's any easier to work out the truth behind this one, my Gears history is by no means illustrious.

Firstly, I've never had any access to any betas for any of the Gears.

I completed Gears of War on Hardcore (after being stuck on Raam for months, maybe years, on casual I just got pissed off and started again on the next level up. Strangely, it did the job). I played maybe 5 games online. Got about halfway through the campaign with my friend on co-op. Didn't find the cogs (missing 1, and I can't find the lil' sod)

I completed Gears 2 on the second hardest difficulty (normal? 2 '*' logo), then went through it again same difficulty on co-op. Got all the collectibles, all the kills (bar one or two, possibly the tagging a downed enemy with a grenade one) and get to level 18 in Horde. Didn't do Online Multiplayer at all.

My friend who I played through Co-op with hasn't had this one pop for him yet, either.

So I don't know if that helps much.

As far as the One Shot goes, if you're too slow when you're infiltrating the Locust Base, the wild tickers may actually steal it: The first time I did that bit, it wasn't there, I died and restarted and when I got there a little quicker, there it was, up against the crates. You might just need to get there a little quicker. Also, in the locust compound, I remember picking up a cleaver in the bit you get locked down in with a couple of young Corpsers: some Butchers came in at that point for me.

[People seem to be having the most trouble finding a Cleaver and the One-Shot. Cleavers can be found easily in Act 2, Chapter 2. One-Shot...?]

The One-Shot can be found in Act 2 - Chapter 6: Airborne. When Dizzy opens the ammo garage near the beginning of the level, it's right there on your right!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1401/UPtULA0=.jpgFirst Among Equals 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Earn the Silver "Number 1" medal.

This medal requires that you gain the most points in Campaign Arcade 20 times. You can simply load up Act 2, Chapter 7 with an idle second controller on Casual to boost this. See the video in "All for One, One for All" for a walkthrough.

I think you have to gain the most points 60 times...20x is only enough for Bronze medal

Edited by The Undead

Respect for the Dead

I missed this achievement because the description is wrong. I didn't watch the video. You state once you get to the office it should pop, but this isnt the case.

Once you reach Griffin, make sure you approach the cage so that the person inside opens it for you. The achievement will unlock once you enter it.

Griffins office, is further on compared to where the video takes you, which is another room along your way to his office. You need to stop of along the route there and the women will let you in as along as you have reached the requirements.

The achievement has nothing to do with Griffins office, so seeing as I knew what to do and thinking I had to go there, I missed the other caged off room with the lady and the achievement didn't unlock. Only until I watched the video I noticed I missed it and the description was wrong.

So the achievement should read:

During Act 4, Chapter 1 you will need to avoid shooting or touching any of the ash people. Once you come to Griffin's office, you will be allowed in to the stash. If the AI or an enemy shoots/runs into one, it will NOT void the achievement. Just be sure you do not personally hit one. Best to do this solo. Once you reach the hideout, follow the guy to Griffins office. Along the way there, look out for a caged off room with a lady behind a desk. Walk up to the door and as long as you've reached the achievement requirements, the door will be opened and the achievement will unlock.

(or something along that route)

Edited by Nozza

The achievement for killing an enemy with each type of monster in beast mode won't unlock for me. I have done several matches of beast mode killing with every monster at least 3 times. What am I doing wrong. I checked to make sure I don't have the achievement. Does it have to be done in 1 go? Do I have to down them with that monster?

One-Shot can be found on the "Old Town" map in multiplayer (top of the hill, middle section of the map). Also, Sandbar (beach map) has one, as well as a hammer of dawn.

"Wait, What time is it?" requires 11 games, as you don't get your first bonus until the 2nd game. (game 2 = 100XP bonus)

And a realistic "time to complete" in my opinion is about 1,500-2,000 hours, although at that point it doesn't really matter.

Lastly, let me know if you're interested in a video for "Respect for the Dead" in HD with commentary, and a condensed version of the gameplay.

Edited by Maka

I've not started the campaign yet, sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you sure that 4 players are better than 2 for the Insane playtrough?

Is there any point in the game where the four players get separated and each one could die instantly?

I'm worried that even 1 less skilled player could mean a lot of checkpoint restart...

The game was build from the ground up to support 4 player coop and tough you do get separated is not like the first two, I'm 2 chapters away from finishing the story and when I get separated it's usually not a long period of time. Plus when your done you can get back up again. I agree with the guide, best way for Insane is 4 friends that way you know skill and you know they won't bail out on you. Perfect scenario? somebody on casual I'll be finishing the game this week and then looking for a team to do Insane run, past that I'll be more than happy to help people with their insane run since I love killing Locust :)

Great guide, you should also mention that it's easier to keep track of the executions and the achievement progress in the game stats page.

[People seem to be having the most trouble finding a Cleaver and the One-Shot. Cleavers can be found easily in Act 2, Chapter 2. One-Shot...?]

Not quite sure of the act/chapter but right before the lambert berserker, when you have to split up to rescue Anya and Sam, you get two one shots in the campaign. Hope that helps:)

Thanks for all the love and constructive feedback, guys!

Added a few more small tips provided, fixed some small errors and will add a Horde video tonight.

As for the the difficulty, it will stay as is or at best be moved to a six. Spending time doing something does not make it hard to do. If I told you that you needed to spend the next few thousand hours of your gaming career getting other people 1000G in Avatar: The Last Airbender, is that a 10/10 difficulty job? Of course not. Neither is playing a bunch of bots matches, leaving your system running while you're sleeping or setting up boosting matches for whatever "legit" kills you need online. :p

The achievement for killing an enemy with each type of monster in beast mode won't unlock for me. I have done several matches of beast mode killing with every monster at least 3 times. What am I doing wrong. I checked to make sure I don't have the achievement. Does it have to be done in 1 go? Do I have to down them with that monster?

I think you only have to kill them and not down them. You can go to the rewards menue and then to the achievements and you can check out your progress there, maybe you're still missing one and haven't realised it^^'

I've tried searching the forum, but my search skills suck and I haven't been able to find the answer.

How exactly does the "beat the game with four players" achievement work? What I want to know is if I join a game of randoms midmatch and finish the chapter with them, do I get credit for that chapter with four players or do I have to be in the lobby before it starts?

I ask because this achievement is impossible for me to play with friends thanks to my work schedule, and randoms is the only way I'll ever be able to get it from the looks of it as long as I can join midmatch and get credit.

Sorry, the one-shot is actually on the mp map Trenches not Old Town, got them confused.

Also, it may be useful to say that there is an achievement tracker in the game if you press Start in the menu, where you can see specific details and your progress towards achievements by clicking on them. Many people overlook this when thinking they should have gotten achievement but didn't.

Edited by Maka

Another guide Pants. As for the Socialite Achievement Ive come up with theory as to why it doesn't work for some. The event is for you to unlock your gold weapons and if you already have so many achievements in Gears 2 and or played the beta then you will unlock the gold weapons as soon as you load the game, so in theory because you already have the gold weapons the game wont log in the events progress because you cant unlock them.

Also the next Event is the weekend after next (Big head mode) So if a patch hasn't been released to sort it out (Hopefully not) then it could still work then.

It's much simpler. Every game was being counted as a separate event instead of counting only once for the launch event - they patched it yesterday. So if you didn't get the achievement already it's going to take 9 months to a year playing one event every week or two.