Achievement Discussion

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for boosting the MP achievements first up, once they're out of the way i'll sit back and enjoy every bit of the single player.

In fact I am also thinking this way, but I am wondering, do I need gold membership to play ACB multiplayer? I ask because I played Forza 3 and it needed me to be a gold member to do the online achievements.

I also got 100% achievements for AC and AC2, so I definitely hope I can do the same to ACB, afterall it IS a good series and I want to finish everything.

I like the achievements but some the multiplayer ones look like the might be a bit of a pain to get.

One requires us to take the lead (I guess at least 10s before it ends) and win. That depends more on luck than skills IMO. There is another one that requires hiding in a pile of hay and kill a target, that will very likely depend on luck if no boosting is involved.

But if killing or being killed can both get exp points, then I think reaching level 50 won't be too difficult, still I don't want to spend a whole bunch of time killing other players. I would rather focus on SP.

Hope level 50 isn't as hard and as loooooooooong to reach as 40 was in Bioshock 2.

We will most likely be able to boost with a group - depending on number of players in certain multiplayer game types. Get a group -> all get 1 kill each -> then 10 seconds from the end the guy who wants the cheevo will make the final kill. (Let's hope it is this easy!!!)

The haystack one will be boostable, along with the escapes and points ones.

Gonna get the game on release day and just get them all over with as qiuckly as possible!

I am absolutely gutted. The achievements have ruined the idea of getting this game for me, I would much rather collect flags and feathers than have MP achievements.

The brilliant thing about Assassin's Creed outings previously has always been the distinct lack of MP achievements, and they are all the more awesome as a game as a result.

Now we get the usual band wagon crap, reach rank 50 is the latest trend, all in all 200g's worth of an excuse to tag on a multiplayer mode, some games should be left the hell alone. For me this has pretty much destroyed the franchise for me now, I may not even buy it even though I have 1000g on the other two.

Yet another classic gaming franchise flushed down the toilet....wonderful.

I am absolutely gutted. The achievements have ruined the idea of getting this game for me, I would much rather collect flags and feathers than have MP achievements.

The brilliant thing about Assassin's Creed outings previously has always been the distinct lack of MP achievements, and they are all the more awesome as a game as a result.

Now we get the usual band wagon crap, reach rank 50 is the latest trend, all in all 200g's worth of an excuse to tag on a multiplayer mode, some games should be left the hell alone. For me this has pretty much destroyed the franchise for me now, I may not even buy it even though I have 1000g on the other two.

Yet another classic gaming franchise flushed down the toilet....wonderful.

So... you're not getting the game... because of... achievements!? :confused:

So... you're not getting the game... because of... achievements!? :confused:

Absolutely correct, tired of games companies doing this now, they have crossed a line in my books, they have clearly done this for other reasons than the game needing an online mode, the two previous games have been massive hits without online modes.

It is a new trend basically designed to get around this problem the games companies are having with people trading games in a week or so after their release because they have the achievements etc, and thereby the games companies lose sales of new games as the second hand market becomes flooded with copies.

So what is their solution? Tag on a crappy online mode (see Bioshock 2 and many other titles), with a now standard "reach rank 50" achievement and a few others and they know that people will hold on to the game longer in order to maintain a completion rate, or at least attempt to endure the garbage online mode long enough to get the achievement before they give up, as the online modes are mostly unbareable in these titles.

Therefore if there are not as many second hand copies available then people will have to buy new.

So am I not buying this game beacuse of achievements?......you are dam right im not, it's not the achievements it's the trend and tactics employed within the achievements I am not falling for.

Absolutely correct, tired of games companies doing this now, they have crossed a line in my books, they have clearly done this for other reasons than the game needing an online mode, the two previous games have been massive hits without online modes.

It is a new trend basically designed to get around this problem the games companies are having with people trading games in a week or so after their release because they have the achievements etc, and thereby the games companies lose sales of new games as the second hand market becomes flooded with copies.

So what is their solution? Tag on a crappy online mode (see Bioshock 2 and many other titles), with a now standard "reach rank 50" achievement and a few others and they know that people will hold on to the game longer in order to maintain a completion rate, or at least attempt to endure the garbage online mode long enough to get the achievement before they give up, as the online modes are mostly unbareable in these titles.

Therefore if there are not as many second hand copies available then people will have to buy new.

So am I not buying this game beacuse of achievements?......you are dam right im not, it's not the achievements it's the trend and tactics employed within the achievements I am not falling for.

Agree with you to a point - but I got all the DLC for AC2 even thought there were no achievements 'cause the game is just so fun. Online achievements like LP2 (n.1 on world leaderbord) are a no-go for me. But reaching a lvl. online is not so much a skill based chievo...

I kind of like MP achievement; an achievement is supposed to be some kind of a challenge - if not, what's the point in getting them. Plus, in the case of AC, they do need to secure the MP community since it's a new feature to the series.

I'm looking forward to it...