Your humorous/WTF/Holy crap moments here

Wildmn34

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wish i was able to get a video of it, but my character was flying for a bit.

i was jumping around in whiterun and i jumped into the blacksmith's sign. i didn't fully land on the ground, but i was able to move. however in 3rd person, it had the animation of you falling, which is your arms out, cept my character was flapping his arms like crazy, as if he was flying.

i probably could have kept it up for a bit, but i bumped into a npc and that stopped it.

I was doing the money glitch where you travel to the bottemles pit below winterhold. I noticed that the skeletons were back at their original places/ The skeleton holding the book : doors of oblivion (that money glitch) was resting at his pedistal. Suddenly the dragon appeared. It shouted his fire at me hitting the skeleton. The skeleton woke up and ran away!!

If only I could have captured it on video! Too funny!!

My favorite thing to happen so far was I was leaving the hall in one of the northern most towns (can't remember the name). As soon as I walk out the door a guard is falling out of the sky and pretty damn fast too. He splats on the ground, and no one seems to notice but me. I take everything he has, and leave.

Running around naked in Whiterun as a Kajiet. Suddenly somebody says : put on some clothes. You are making me seasonally warm; Or something like that!

The old womanwere you need to do a quest to find her lost missing son, was hitting up on me. Ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuw!

Edited by Lord Zedd0

Saw a group of Frost Trolls take down a Dragon today. I spent a good five minutes running up the mountain to fight the dragon as it circled the peak, then stood and watched as these trolls shrugged off the dragons attacks and wore it down. Had to shout them of the edge when they turned on me though.

The second Dragon encounter I had scared the bejesus out of me. I was exiting a mine and it swooped down over me. All I could think was run away! This video is something I think we all can relate to, plus Monty Python is awesome.

Monty Python - Run Away! - YouTube

Monty Python references never fail.

Oh... that BUNNY! :uzi:

Had 2 cracking moments earlier.

1: just outside the north gate of Riften. Was on my way back inside after some questing, when a dragon appeared. Slaughtered him good with my mace/sword dual wield combo. Then, what seemed like the entire population of Riften had been stood behind me watching in awe as I killed said dragon. Then some Nord guy starts saying how strong he is. So I beat him up too.

2: just south of Windhelm is a clearing with a Necromancer. As I approached, I noticed a 3 way battle between the Necromancer, Flame Atronach and a Bear. Was great to watch them kill each other, except the witch who took one swing off my mace. Then I felt the ground shake. A Mammoth had been spectating the whole time, and started to walk off as he was bored.

Gotta be said, I love the random moments that Elder Scrolls offers. Wether Bethesda intend this or not, its just pure genius.

Did a cave filled with ghosts, was lacking carrying cap. I decided to head back to WhiteRun to go back to my house, the city was being attacked by a dragon. Guards where bowing it:uzi:, so I joined in and killed it. Now its skeleton is parked right next to my house BrezzeHome :woop:. I think they will stay there permenate, as the other dragons bones did. If people dont belive I am the dragonborn, now I have evidence lol.

Ok, here is one that made me chuckle just now. Let out a dragon shout in Riften Keep since I thought sending the items on the dinner table flying might be amusing.

As soon as I step out, a courier gives me this, and a map marker was added when I read it-

"Rebecca,

You caused a bit of stir in Riften Mistveil Keep when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.

I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.

You should turn your attention to Silverdrift Lair. I understand it holds a mysterious source of power that can only be unlocked by dragonborn.

Sincerely,

A Friend"

Really neat touch to get something like that from such a random act! I wonder if the place is just a lair of giant f'ing spiders and they're trying to get rid of me... ;)

Had another one just a little while ago.

Was near a river bed hunting mud crab (mostly because one scared the shit out of me).

Picking them off one, by one. No big deal. Then I hear a loud splash. I turn around and floating down the river towards me is a sabre cats corpse. Have no idea where it came from, or how it died. But I looted it regardless. :)

Had a few weird moments.

I encountered a giant and his mammoth, after the first time i upset a giant, thought it best to leave them. As i started circling around them the mammoth started shaking as if there was a texture glitch, then suddenly a 2nd mammoth appeared, hovering above the first:confused:

After i defeated the first dragon, i've been in and out of Whiterun a few times, then last night as i exited the town at the main gate the dragon's skeleton dropped out of the sky. It's now permanently resting at the main gate.

Also had a funny conversation in the Jarl's house, i picked up a weapon but was carrying too much so i dropped it and a guard approached me, and said that it was careless to leave a weapon lying around and if i do it again, there will be trouble. Looking forward to what happens when i get home from work and drop another weapon, i'll capture it if it's any good.

Last night, I was clearing out a den of thieves with my flame atronach when something amusing happened:

The last thief got to the point where he was heavily wounded, so he had dropped to his knees begging for mercy. My atronach slowly strolled up to him and stared at him. He raised his head to meet her gaze, asking for his life. They stared at each other for a moment, then she kamehameha'd him in the face.

Lots of fun in this thread :)

My story is a little bit of "humorous", a small hint of "WTF", and a tiny hint of "Holy Crap" ;)

I found a giant and two mammoths outside Whiterun, when I was only around level 5. I had a friend over in real life, and I had read that giants do not attack you unless you attack their mammoths, so I naturally walked proudly over to the giant to show my friend.

Needless to say, the "fact" that I had read, was false, and the giant was not happy at all to see me. So I ran all I could, and used up all my stamina, as I had my direction set for some kind of structual building to the west. That showed to be a bad idea, as that place was a fort, with another giant guarding it!

He spotted me, and now I suddenly had 2 giants following me, as I keep running for my life. (Note: none of the mammoths followed me)

I follow the road(ish) south, heading towards Whiterun, thinking that I could kite them there and let the guards kill them. On my way south, I get to a little house (near the western outpost). The house is filled with a huge dragon-skeleton, stuck, shaking due to it being a too big dragon in a too small house. I find out it was the first dragon I killed, the one in the western outpost. I then got the idea of running to the outpost instead, as there will probably be guards there.

That was not the case though, as when I get closer, I see not only one, but two dragons holding the control of the outpost. One of the dragons spots me, and keeps following me. I was lucky to only aggro one of the dragons though! So now I have had enough, and set sail for Whiterun. As I get through the first gate (not into the city, just inside the first set of walls before the main gate), the dragon lands inside and the guards has almost killed it. I load up my dual-flame-spells, and attack it for all I have. The dragon drops dead, and I absorb the soul. Whoohoo!

When the absorbtion is done, I can finally see again, and what do I see? You guessed it, one of the giants that had followed me. (Note: one of the two giants somewhere stopped following me). It hits me down to something that I can imagine was like 1 or 2 health, and I quickly drink all the health-potions I have, and all the magicka-potions too, so I can fight it. I start unleashing all my flames, waiting for the guards to come help me. The guards somehow heard my scream for help, and came to my rescue!

My first thoughts then was: Wow, a dragon and a giant killed, so proud!

Only to find out that one of my flames had hit one of the soldiers, so they are now all after me!!!! I panick out, selecting my Whirlwind Sprint shout (with only the first Word), and use it from the city-wall and out into the wilderness. It blinks me forward, maybe like 10 meters, where I then fall down, maybe like 3-4 meters. That fall was too much for me to handle, maybe the speed from the shout did it, but I was at full health when I Shouted, and was found dead on the ground 2 seconds after.

Thats when I find out that the last time the game was saved, was just before I met the first giant... :(

The best moment I have had so far, more so then being launched into orbit by a Giant, was my very first encounter with a giant

After watching several videos leading up to Skyrim's launch, I had assumed Giants were friendly. I approached the Giant camp outside of Whiterun and saw a giant just milling about.

I nonchalantly stroll up to this Giant to marvel at it. It made no threats or anything. It simply pulled a King Leonidas and kicked me straight in the face, killing me instantly and rocketing my body across the valley.

At 4am, that was about the funniest thing I had ever seen.

Edited by PapaSmurf124

The second Dragon encounter I had scared the bejesus out of me. I was exiting a mine and it swooped down over me. All I could think was run away! This video is something I think we all can relate to, plus Monty Python is awesome.

Monty Python - Run Away! - YouTube

its funny you posted anything from the holey grail, as i have always wanted someone to create a mod for oblivion (better yet, skyrim) where you actually quest for the holey grail, and you must go and get all the companions just like in the movie...