Your humorous/WTF/Holy crap moments here

Wildmn34

I was reading this thread whilst playing when I had my first hilarious moment just now! Was clearing out some fort and accidently stepped on a pressure plate...a massive metal door swung out in a wide arch but somehow I managed to avoid it.

I look behind me to check on my companion and catch him doing some crazy sommersalt out of the way of this gate! I thought that in itself was pretty cool.

I then wander back past the trap again to make sure hes really ok...the gate then swings back for a second time, squashing my companion against the wall where hes walked forward to follow me! Was hilarious! XD

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know the name of the cave anymore i fast travelled to, but is near the west tower of whiterun. however i fasttravelled there and move up the hills where normally the giants are with their mammoths. i also could see a giant with one mammoth. and the other one? standing in the air like 50 feet high for 10 seconds and falling down with the result of death.

bad for the mammoth, good for me, as i needed its tusk for a quest. :woop:

I was in Riverwood and failed a pickpocket. The townsfolk started running around screaming for help, then this archer dude shot the guy I tried to pickpocket in the head. After that everybody went back to normal.

I found it funny that they attacked the victim and not me :woop:

I was in the middle of a market, going through my items and dropped a sword. Then a guard walked by and stopped me. Told me not to leave any weapons around, someone could get hurt. Then it prompted me to respond ...

Cool, that is another really neat touch! Now I'm going to have to go and throw all sorts of crap on the ground to see what they'll say. :p Hopefully this isn't like Harvest Moon where littering hurts friendship, haha!

I was in the middle of a market, going through my items and dropped a sword. Then a guard walked by and stopped me. Told me not to leave any weapons around, someone could get hurt. Then it prompted me to respond ...

Something similar happend to me. I wanted to skill my pickpocketing and was in the companions house and pickpocked some clothes from the sleeping people. As they were only 2-3 coins worth i just dropped them on one of the beds and several seconds later one of the companions woke up and started talking with me and said somethig like:

"Hey! they clothes over there! are they ours? or can i take them?"

and as i said no they arent mine and he can take them he he responded somethign like "Oh boy! that is the best day of my life!"

Something similar happend to me. I wanted to skill my pickpocketing and was in the companions house and pickpocked some clothes from the sleeping people. As they were only 2-3 coins worth i just dropped them on one of the beds and several seconds later one of the companions woke up and started talking with me and said somethig like:

and as i said no they arent mine and he can take them he he responded somethign like "Oh boy! that is the best day of my life!"

I dropped a book outside my house...around 20 mins later I went back to drop off some goods...as I exited, two guys were arguing over the book. One guy then pulls out a silver dagger... the other guy just starts running away yelling "guards!!". the guy with the dagger picks up the book and starts walking off with it like nothing happened.

I wonder if i find the guy who took the book and pickpocket him, will it show up in his inventory?

That is epic! Might give it a go. Had another funny moment. Was up by Solitude, taking on Black Briar gang (think that's their name), amd once down to the last one, he was badly injured, then ran into the sea, and swam north further than the game would allow. Hope the coward freezes I thought. I returned to land, happy that a job had been well done, and then *thud* I turned around, and it was that same guy, he smacked me round the head with his mace! Used my dragon shout to kill him with such force, his body went back out to sea.

I just had a Holy Crap moment. Was in Riften but was carrying some dragon bones that were weighing me down. Fast traveled to my house in Whiterun to store it.

When I fast traveled back to Riften to continue joining the thieves guild I was going to The Ratway when I see two thief corpses in the market area. I went and looted a diamond, ruby and 2 sapphires. Not too shabby for stumbling across a couple of corpses.

Had another strange one today. Walking through Riverwood when I hear people screaming help. The guards unsheathe their weapons, and begin circling the traders place. So after a minute or so they stop, and begin walking away as normal. One even told me to be more careful when using my destructive spells in town (I hadn't. I was just sitting there watching).

So I then walk into the traders house to sell some extra stuff, and what do I find 2 thieves. Except they are running up and down the stairs screaming we surrender. The trader doesn't pay them any attention. So I sell my stuff, and leave. Still really confused as to what was going on.

Ok, just had a chance to try dropping stuff, and I think I have a new favorite hobby: littering. :p In the market center of Whiterun, dropped about twenty things-- gems, books, bear claws, a ring, about half a dozen cabbages, ect.

Immediately a woman at a stall bitches at me about it. "In my day we knew how to dispose of trash properly!!" or something like that. Pffttt, hehehe!! Then some guy runs up and asks if I can have the armor I just dropped. I'm like, it's all yours! And his day is made. :woop:

I had an interesting random encounter the other day. I came across a farmer with a painted cow. I went up to him going "what's up with the cow?". He explained that the cow was an offering to the giants so they won't attack him or his livestock. I figured that this would be interesting to watch, so I followed him and the cow as they strolled right into the nearby giant camp.

The cow became a fully accepted member of the giant tribe. The farmer's corpse was found about a mile to the west.

I had an interesting random encounter the other day. I came across a farmer with a painted cow. I went up to him going "what's up with the cow?". He explained that the cow was an offering to the giants so they won't attack him or his livestock. I figured that this would be interesting to watch, so I followed him and the cow as they strolled right into the nearby giant camp.

The cow became a fully accepted member of the giant tribe. The farmer's corpse was found about a mile to the west.

Man, I really want to see this in my game now.

You guys all have some great stories. These are awesome. Lots of good laughs. Just what I was hoping for. :Bounce:

I found a giant and two mammoths outside Whiterun, when I was only around level 5. I had a friend over in real life, and I had read that giants do not attack you unless you attack their mammoths, so I naturally walked proudly over to the giant to show my friend.

The story would have been more believable without that. :p

I kid... :D

Just had a monet once again! On my way from Winterhold to Windhelm. As I was running along the road about to pass Fort Kastav, I noticed something in the sky coming towards me at some speed. I stopped, noticed it definitely was coming towards me and getting bigger. I very quickly realised that it was the body of a Wolf! The only thing I can think of, is a Giant smacked that good!

Earlier while fighting a random dragon, I had a mammoth and a wolf helping me to try and kill it. XD Of course, they attacked me when the dragon was flying around, but I still thought it was pretty funny the animals were attacking the dragon instead of running away.

Had a few more funny moments.

I exited Whiterun and went north to find a mammoth, sabre cat and wolf all fighting it out. The wolf went first then finally the cat fell but by then the mammoth was 2 arrows away from death - easiest 3 pelts, i've collected;)

Also while at the hot springs a dragon appeared and i've noticed normally NPC'S either run around like idiots or try and help fight, but the 3 hunters who were enjoying their relaxing day spa refused to move, other than watch the dragon as it flew around. The strange thing was, at one point the dragon breathed fire directly into the springs and i couldn't help but wonder how the 3 hunters weren't starting to boil:p

hilarious moment. doing a quest for the companions, when i had to rescue somebody kidnapped by bandits. i get to their hideout, which is a tower with a bridge over water leading to another tower. there is a bandit at the very top of the tower shooting arrows at me. so i strafe around making it difficult for him, and try to get him with my arrows. well he's moving left, right, left to keep out of my aim and ooops, he takes an extra step & falls off the tower to go splat on the rocks below, while i stand there laughing my ass off.

holy crap moment. went into the wreck of some ship (can't remember the name) and i can hear something in there. when i came into the next area prepared to fight a ghost or something, there was nothing. until i turned a corner & there is a giant fucking mudcrab there. i screamed and started hacking away like crazy.

Fighting the dragon at Autumn(something) Tower.

There's just me and my housecarl Lydia walkin' up the tower. I know there's a dragon there because the map says so. Get to the top and no dragon, wait around for a minute and here it comes. It lands on the edge of the tower and I run at it dual-wielding my frost spell, promptly run off the edge of the tower and fall down between the tower and the cliff.

Jump my way out the there and climb back up the tower praying to the Nine Divines Lydia's not dead. Dragon lands on edge of tower, I run at it, frost spell, run off edge of tower.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, and then finally fall off tower and can't jump out. Spent fifteen minutes fighting dragon, ten minutes trying to get out of last jam and cursing myself.

I then reload the game (light bulb over head comes on) and switch to third person view. Never fall off tower again.

XD Now I wish I'd followed him. I saw that guy, talked to him, and since I didn't get any options for helping him I just let him be on his way. Would have been funny to see him launched by the giants.

I was "reclaiming" a castle from bandits and had just enchanted my mace with fire. I opened the front gate so the owner could come back in and as he and his bodyguards entered I killed the last bandit setting him ablaze in slow motion. The owner's bodyguard immediately said, "Now don't go burning the place down, ok." Got a laugh out of me.

My friend and i were chatting on XBL party and he started cracking up laughing claiming two mammoths ran into each-other and one shot up into the skies.

Once i was fighting a necromancer in a cottage and he ran up some stairs and when i went to walk up them he jumped at me and died in mid air. D;