Achievement Guide and Roadmap

tehapoc

first i went around cheering the other gekkos, after i got that achievement i restarted, which I assume is what you mean by restarting wont work, good to know, thanks :) One more thing, for some reason i have all the IDs (Left arms) in the collection but the achievement didn't unlock, do i have to finish the entire chapter or something?

Edit: And now with the VR Missions as well, i hunted down the last computer and have all the VR missions unlocked, no achievement :(

Last Edit: Yup, had to finish a chapter, any chapter.

Edited by Punisher294

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tearing Away the Disguise - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Destroy all of the humanoid Dwarf Gekkos during story mode.

• This achievement is fairly buggy. Community speculation has set some parameters for unlocking this achievement. In order to unlock it, you need to play from mission R02 to R07 without quiting out. I believe the achievement should unlock upon completion of the mission.

ok i got this without an issue

the last two will disappear on you if you cause an alert

and i bet thats the reason some are not getting this

you do not have to play thru without stopping as i stopped and quit out at each level

the very last one i used a box and as soon as i got up to it, i killed it

but the one prior to that is much harder to keep from disappearing

i did the box up to the right side of the gekko

you move down a lane and to a set of stairs

the gekko is on the grass at the bottom

but if you start an alert, he will disappear

i tried 4 times, but i finally got him

as i said, i used a box, down the lane, down the stairs to the right of the gekko

there is a stand

i could come out of the box with no alert

but if i moved towards him.. instant alet and he disappeared

if you watch you can see him do that

so instead when i got to that stand i used a rocket launcher

had to do it twice

but for whatever reason no one saw me

this is how i did that one

and the very last one i just used a box right up to him

got out and killed him

i guess i was far enough away not to cause an alert

now as for those left hand collectibles.. i give up

ps i have the strategy guide so i knew that the last two gekkos will disappear

and was prepared.. also you need to finish the chapter for it to credit

Edited by lighthouse777

oh i played on EASY to get all the collectibles out of the way

so you can get them on easy

see my gamertag starlight777 if you want proof

i always start on easy if the game has collectibles

did that with crysis 3 then finished it on super soldier

i just do not want to be distracted finding stuff

and i really hate collectibles

Yeah, never doubted yours or anyones ability to get the collectibles on easy difficulty. Running through on easy difficulty is fairly pointless, though. It's an extra playthrough that's really unnecessary and doesn't really teach you how to block/parry properly. Plus, there aren't really any incentives to playthrough on easy as you don't really earn any beneficial items for completing the story mode on that difficulty.

Is it true that using the fox blade isn't recommended for the Revengeance S ranking run, because using it lowers your score or something?

No. Who said that or are you making shit up? :p

The Fox Blade makes it so much easier. It's recommended you use it if you have it for everything but boss battles. And for the boss battles it's recommended that you use the wooden sword...

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 weeks later...

Just here to confirm that Jetstream DLC has 4 achievements worth 100G:

DL-Story-01: Status - Closed 15G

-Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream.

You're Hired 20G

-Defeate Sen. Armstrong without taking any damage on Hard difficulty or above.

Master of the Wind 50G

-Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream on Revengeance difficulty in one hour or less.

Draw, Pardner! 15G

-Defeat 100 enemies in DL-Story-01: Jetstream's Story Mode using Quick Draw.

Also does anyone know if all :ybut: attacks are quick draws?

I very much doubt all attacks with Y are quick-draws. Quick Draw has its own entry in the combo list, and there are good reasons to believe that only that one will count (the attack called "Quick Draw" is the [only] one Sam always uses in the cutscenes to show-off).

I was thinking the same. I only hope that the charged version also counts as one as that's what I've been using and also if it's only the normal 'tap Y' then it's going to take the whole week on easy as that move does so little damage.

Charged Slash is quite different, so I don't think it will count. It just might though (same goes for the other charged attacks), but I'm not going to test it since I already got over-bored with it the first time lol (took me half an hour I think :s)

Oh you already have it, well I should have known that lol.

Btw, are you going to do under hour or S-rank Revengeance diff video for the dlc? As you know, to make your perfect MGR video list even more awesome :D

Ehr...I think I'll be happy with a video for the three bosses only :# The speedrun is about 20 minutes long, pretty much just a hit'n'run, not much to see really.

S Rank Revengeance, yea, probably, but it's going to be really, really long. It's a tough game without the counter eheh.

Scratch what I said earlier - Charged Slash is just what you want to use!

I've asked around and tested again: the charged attack with Y *will* work just fine. I'm not even sure that the non-charged attack works anymore (I wasn't really paying attention when the achievement popped). To be safe, use Charged Slash! Apologies for the confusion.

Ehr...I think I'll be happy with a video for the three bosses only :# The speedrun is about 20 minutes long, pretty much just a hit'n'run, not much to see really.

S Rank Revengeance, yea, probably, but it's going to be really, really long. It's a tough game without the counter eheh.

Ok can't wait to check them out :)

Scratch what I said earlier - Charged Slash is just what you want to use!

I've asked around and tested again: the charged attack with Y *will* work just fine. I'm not even sure that the non-charged attack works anymore (I wasn't really paying attention when the achievement popped). To be safe, use Charged Slash! Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for confirming it! I will start grinding for those if I ever get past the second phase of the last boss without damage x__x

Ok can't wait to check them out :)

Thanks for confirming it! I will start grinding for those if I ever get past the second phase of the last boss without damage x__x

Here is some good tips if the vid isn't working for you. This helped me A LOT.

Phase 2:

Dodge 6 to 8 times

Taunt immediately after the Solidus Dash is over

Forward roll the attack that is likely on its way

Square x 2 or 3, dodge, repeat until you can do a charged attack. Usually you can do two in a row on this phase and he will fall on his back. When he falls on his back, go in for the easy finish, nothing fancy. He should have under 5% at this point.

Granted this was revengeance difficulty advice but it worked just fine on hard for me, other then it took a little longer. Most important part is Forward Dodge, its got more invincibility frames then the other dodges and I found it worked for getting him to do an area attack more frequently.

Here is some good tips if the vid isn't working for you. This helped me A LOT...

Thanks already got it on hard but I will definitely try this out on revengeance :)

I've tried with the XXY attack for Draw, Pardner! -- it DOES work, and the achievement unlocked just fine with it. I think it's safe to assume that any charged attack works then.

Yay good to know! :)