Official Bitching Thread

MyRifleIsBroken

you dont HAVE to play co-op..its an option..

If you want to 1k the game you do have to play it co-op.. hence you need the online pass. Also they didn't add split screen.. which they say would ruin the immersion of the game.. but come on.. it's to ensure people buy the online pass. the Devs do this on purpose, they know some gamers will spend the money regardless. This will continue until people stop buying the game

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree.. a company like Gamefly probly buys 1000's of copies of the game but dish out none of the online passes.. which again forces the gamer to buy the pass

and ive heard it debated that they have to pay a rental license to the publishers but i dont know how true that is..

No, the game has Universal ammo.

and yeah he says universal ammo due to weapon crafting and the amount of weapons you can make..

I guess I'm alright with it. It does make things simpler, not having to worry about finding certain ammo types. I always say simplicity over complexity when it comes to games. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

he also says the monster you fight in the demo is a lot harder in the actual game..they just dumbed it down for the demo..

Great... that thing is annoying even now, and my stasis barely slows it down, combine that with slow ass reload times on the crappy demo guns.

Funny thing about Universal Ammo, is that people will still create the most viable weapons. You can create all the fancy weapons you like, but it still needs to be worth the effort.

Me, I'm going for efficiency. I could care less about the fancy stuff, I just want something that can dispose of Necromorphs. I guess if we really do still have universal ammo, then I don't have to worry about what I make. Ammo cost is no longer an issue. One of the bad things about using, say, the Contact Beam in DS1 and 2.

That and the pre-release griping. Game isn't even out yet peoples. Play the co-op or not, pay for Microtransactions or not. The game ain't even fucking out yet. Wait and see if it's crap before you say it's crap.

THIS.

A game without ... glitches? :D That's like finding a unicorn dude. Unless only play chess.

Sometimes when I play 3D chess, my pieces glitch through the level I'm on.

and ive heard it debated that they have to pay a rental license to the publishers but i dont know how true that is..

I used to work at Blockbuster, and every rental copy of a game the company buys is over double the price of a regular customer buying it. For example, Assassin's Creed: Revelations cost us £70 per rental copy. They mark it up because of the profit we will make on it through renting, so they need to take some of the profit to begin with.

That's why I dislike Online Passes, because the companies using them aren't telling the whole truth.

and yeah he says universal ammo due to weapon crafting and the amount of weapons you can make..

Its just variations of the main weapons you can make, its not like you can make thousands of weapons (even in borderlands it uses the same ammo) Its not complex, its what survival horror is: limited ammo, do I save this powerful ammo or use this pistol ammo etc also fight or flight.

Thats the problem, some gamers will play these games like a standard shooter, they would waste all their good ammo on standard zombies in RE:CV and would be fucked in the bit with the aeroplane. Of course they could never understand to save the explosive arrows for that bit.

Deus ex: IW have universal ammo and felt really dumbed down, they had feedback, gamers found it confusing the several types of ammo (there was not that many)

Honestly I should not be surprised EA does this, look at what they did with past games. DA:O was amazing RPG (although crap graphics on consoles) and DA2 was this horrible dumbed down experience for people who enjoyed smashing gamepad buttons

With the addition of co-op now, which requires you to have the season pass (so no Gamefly rental, no used copies) and now the explanation of the new "microtransactions" I will now be skipping this game.. which is a total shame really.. I enjoy the series, and was going to gamefly it.. but that option is now gone.

and the devs/ publishers care nothing about you skipping renting the game/ buying used as it loses them very little money relative to the extra they recover from the passes other people buy. ;)

No matter what anyone says they get FAR less of a return per user on rentals than on purchasers (& no return at all on pre-owned)

That and the pre-release griping. Game isn't even out yet peoples. Play the co-op or not, pay for Microtransactions or not. The game ain't even fucking out yet. Wait and see if it's crap before you say it's crap.

So much this.

Edited by H2O

I would agree.. a company like Gamefly probly buys 1000's of copies of the game but dish out none of the online passes.. which again forces the gamer to buy the pass

Actually, Gamefly leaves all the online passes in the cases. So, once they start selling the game at the used price, you not only get the game a discount (plus your up to 10% off as a member), but you also receive the online pass as it was never used.

I have to admit, this is one of the most stupid PR statements i've ever seen. I'm not even angry, it's purely sadness.

''But we need to make sure we're expanding our audience as well. There are action game fans, and survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20, and they've only played games on their smartphones, and micro-transactions are to them a standard part of gaming. It's a different generation. So if we're going to bring those people into our world, let's speak their language, but let's not alienate our fans at the same time.''

Source from CVG - http://tinyurl.com/bxp3fba

Edit - the link lead to the 2nd page instead of the first.

Edited by Vindicator51

I have to admit, this is one of the most stupid PR statements i've ever seen. I'm not even angry, it's purely sadness.

''But we need to make sure we're expanding our audience as well. There are action game fans, and survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20, and they've only played games on their smartphones, and micro-transactions are to them a standard part of gaming. It's a different generation. So if we're going to bring those people into our world, let's speak their language, but let's not alienate our fans at the same time.''

Souce from CVG - http://tinyurl.com/ahbt2v7

God forbid your console game doesn't have the same things as a game on a smartphone.

Souce from CVG - http://tinyurl.com/ahbt2v7

That entire article was an absolute cringe to read. Basically they think they have a market from youngsters coming from mobile games directly to console games. I think I have reached my horseshit reading limit for the day.

Sure I'll bitch about co-op so more. the game DOESN'T NEED IT.

I mean really? Does it really need it? Why can't you people play alone?

If the game doesn't rely on co-op as a integral feature then it's de facto tacked on. If it is tacked on, it's just a business stratagem.

Social gaming is a plague. It's infected virtually every single platform, genre, and franchise imaginable.

I will bitch about you and people like you. All I gathered from that is that your an antisocial shut in that needs to go outside and get some sun. Not everyone is as antisocial as you, get over it. You sound like a complete tool for Activision or some other company that isn't EA. The story line changes and there are extra missions you can do and can't do otherwise by playing co-op by the way. There is most likely even more we don't know about. Not exactly my definition of tacked on. I'm tired of all of these jaded people complaining about everything. Your jaded and you don't like anything because it's not original enough but then when a dev adds something new you complain because they changed and tried to improve your precious series. Stop blaming the devs for your flaws. It's you and people like you that are broken not the games. It's not the devs fault that you know everything and what's best for everybody (sarcasm).

Even though I'm sure you know absolutely zero things about what it even takes to make a game let alone all the hard work it takes just to make something as simple as a menu. Hell not to mention all the work it takes just to make this EXTRA, OPTIONAL, NOT MANDATORY mode you keep insisting on bitching about. Even if it were (which it's not) tacked on it still takes months of hard work to make co-op happen. There is all new VOs, character models, interactions between characters, new suits, extra network code, etc... that goes into making this "tacked on" mode. Why don't you STFU and do everyone a favor and just stop playing games because apparently your so antisocial you don't even like to play games with other people. The world would be a better place. I guess I'm jaded too i'm jaded when it comes to humans. It seems like everyone is a ungrateful spoiled brat (prick). Maybe if you actually had to work for something you might appreciate other people's hard work.

Since this is a DS3 bitching thread I guess my only complaint would be that [spoiler=1]they revamped the lurkers

little crazy crack babies aren't scary anymore apparently.

Edited by rapture23

Official bitches:

Not nearly enough rig stations or benches. There need to be more, at least for the rig!

Kinesis starts off incredibly weak. It takes 3 limbs to take down an enemy - that's absurd considering that your weapons are laughably weak for a good 6-8 chapters, depending on resource management.

I will bitch about you and people like you. All I gathered from that is that your an antisocial shut in that needs to go outside and get some sun. Not everyone is as antisocial as you, get over it. You sound like a complete tool for Activision or some other company that isn't EA. The story line changes and there are extra missions you can do and can't do otherwise by playing co-op by the way. There is most likely even more we don't know about. Not exactly my definition of tacked on. I'm tired of all of these jaded people complaining about everything. Your jaded and you don't like anything because it's not original enough but then when a dev adds something new you complain because they changed and tried to improve your precious series. Stop blaming the devs for your flaws. It's you and people like you that are broken not the games. It's not the devs fault that you know everything and what's best for everybody (sarcasm).

Even though I'm sure you know absolutely zero things about what it even takes to make a game let alone all the hard work it takes just to make something as simple as a menu. Hell not to mention all the work it takes just to make this EXTRA, OPTIONAL, NOT MANDATORY mode you keep insisting on bitching about. Even if it were (which it's not) tacked on it still takes months of hard work to make co-op happen. There is all new VOs, character models, interactions between characters, new suits, extra network code, etc... that goes into making this "tacked on" mode. Why don't you STFU and do everyone a favor and just stop playing games because apparently your so antisocial you don't even like to play games with other people. The world would be a better place. I guess I'm jaded too i'm jaded when it comes to humans. It seems like everyone is a ungrateful spoiled brat (prick). Maybe if you actually had to work for something you might appreciate other people's hard work.

Since this is a DS3 bitching thread I guess my only complaint would be that [spoiler=1]they revamped the lurkers

little crazy crack babies aren't scary anymore apparently.

I agree that this co-op is not tacked on but not wanting to play co-op doesn't make you anti-social. I'm incredibly social and I don't like co-op very much, I like gaming on my own time and terms. When you have real-world responsibilities it's not easy to be able coordinate a convenient time to play co-op with friends and not everyone wants to find random people to play with on a forum. It's a matter of opinion.

Chihuahuas are though

The new lurkers do look like skinned chihuahuas.

I agree that this co-op is not tacked on but not wanting to play co-op doesn't make you anti-social. I'm incredibly social and I don't like co-op very much, I like gaming on my own time and terms. When you have real-world responsibilities it's not easy to be able coordinate a convenient time to play co-op with friends and not everyone wants to find random people to play with on a forum. It's a matter of opinion.

I understand that just because someone doesn't play co-op doesn't make them anti-social. That was just for hoborg. I wasn't over generalizing when calling him anti-social. I was just calling him anti-social because every thread he goes into he talks about how he hates co-op. He does seem anti-social. The difference between him and you it sounds like you will actually try the co-op if you have the friends online to play with when you are playing. He is ruling co-op out straight from the start. I know that not everybody is anti-social just because they don't want to play co-op. I understand about not being able to find friends to play with and not wanting to play with randoms.

I'm the same way my schedule is different then a lot of my friends so I don't get to play with them as much as I like and when I do play I just want to play instead of worrying about who's on and when is so and so getting on. A lot of the time that I'm on my friends aren't on or they might not be playing the same game so I will play alone. Fortunately most of my friends on xbox live are my friends in real life so they live around me so that helps a little. Like you said though sometimes it is hard to coordinate a convenient time to play with them for whatever reason.

Edited by rapture23