Are you also hurting from playing a Kinect game?

ShinyNathan

I read your blog and did not understand what do you want to say in this blog.

Describe your blog with detail and simple with full information.

lincoln square chicago real estate

Wow, just wow. I thought you were bad for complaining about not understanding using terribly broken English. Then I read the last line and realized you were a spammer plugging real estate sales apparently. I further realized how much of an idiot you must be considering the market for real estate buyers is extremely small on a game forum, and the market for said buyers limited to ONE city, on a video game forum, would be in the single digits on a GOOD day. You probably won't read this but if you do, please understand that I sincerely hope Darwinism removes you from the collective gene pool, and soon.

On topic: I don't own a kinect but if you actually get regular exercise the kinect shouldn't cause undue soreness. Also even if it does make your muscles sore your BACK should not be sore unless you're doing something wrong such as improper lifting-motion mechanics. If you have to squat use your legs, don't lean over and cause repeated stress on your spine.

I have to lift and turn patients 13 hours a day at the hospital and my back is never sore. Shoulders yes, but back no. Proper mechanics in how you move go a long way to alleviating that problem.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I hurt when I play Kinect is when I haven't worked out in a while, or haven't exercised via sports. IMO the reason your arms and shoulder hurt is because your muscles aren't used to doing those thing, and since your doing them repeatedly it puts some stress on them. If you keep playing your muscles should get used to the movements, just don't over exert yourself. Take breaks when tired.

I have played a lot of Fruit Ninja Kinect these last couple of days and am really sore in my shoulders, arms and top sides of my back :o

Sounds like them muscles haven't been used in awhile. Make sure you do some stretches before you play to limber up a bit. After awhile, get some of those 2lb wrist weights and keep playing, before you know it you will be getting into shape. I love Kinect for that... nothing like some Fitness Training followed by some cardio and then finish it off with some Child of Eden for shits and giggles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The wife and I played Adventures and Dance Central for about 5 hours first time we used it and both had sore legs, despite both of us being gym rats and pretty fit. Just uses muscles in different ways than we were accustomed to I guess. Not so bad now.

I have played a lot of Fruit Ninja Kinect these last couple of days and am really sore in my shoulders, arms and top sides of my back :o

I have also been extremely sore and exhausted after raising my knee to my ear a gazillion times in Your Shape: Fitness Evolved :Bounce:

Yes, I know I should be in better shape, but I was just wondering if there are other players feeling the pain or actually getting some injuries on the Kinect frontlines?

Doing lots of penalty kicks and saving penalties in the kinect sports mini games, left me the next day with back ache and sore arms.;)

Adventures made my feet hurt. What is sad is that trying to get the hula-hoops on the rockets in kinectimals made me sore for two days, you have to squat to get the hoops to drop after you throw them. I couldn't get the timing down and I think I played that minigame 10 times in a row, my thighs were very sore.