My method for getting the Duplicate Achievement fairly easily.

Never Final

Here is how I got Duplicate AND Tertiary: (Requires alot of setup)

Duplicate: Requires you to use 2 of the DW/TW tiles with a single turn. I used the 2 DW tiles that are in the 4th to final column.

Tertiary: Requires you to play a word worth 100+ points.

We are looking for a specific word to place (EQUALIZED worth 156). Since you control both players you can trade tiles away or play unwanted tiles elsewhere on the board to get the specific letters. Here's what to do:

Create a Pass & Play Game:

Since our word is 9 letters long we have to do a bit of setup.

Start off and play a 5 letter word that ends in L (ie FERAL) starting from the star and going right. If the first player doesnt have it PASS and check the second. If neither then resign and rematch.

Once you have played the first 5 letter word have the next player place the letter A above the L.

Now you have 7 letters left that you need and they all have to be placed at once. They are EQUIZED. You can use a blank but you get no points for that blank. I actually got the blank early on and had the word with the blank being the Q. Still well over 100 but not 156.

Have the first player swap unneeded letters and have the second player play as many as possible on the left side. If the second player gets any letters that the first player needs swap those letters and the first player will get them after swapping again. EXAMPLE: Second player gets the Q. Swap the Q. Have the first player swap a letter. Next first player turn he will have the Q.

Keep this up until the first player has the letters and then play them. You'll get both of the achievements.

Hope this helped. And here's a screenshot of the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Kalscension/x360a/th_AJ.jpg

Edited by Never Final

Good tut, I was going to post my version on here, I went with becarpeting on the top two TW tiles, only managed to get 126 as one was a blank tile and carpet had to be setup before I could even think about making the 11 letter word lol. I saved myself a screenshot but you done a pretty good job ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THANKS! This worked like a champ (although I used a 5 letter word that started with L instead of ended in one). I got amazingly lucky on the letter handout though and managed to get it spelled in about 10 turns

Best part was decided to go ahead and finish out that game and got

Glossologist

Vocabulist

Secondary

Tertiary

Duplicate

All in that one game.. not a bad go around. Kinda glad they screwed up the game as I have been meaning to go and do these and this gave me an excuse to knock them out instead of working on Lexicographer

• 1 month later...

nice guide, i just got both achievements (duplicate and tertiary) using your guide. I didn't get the Z letter, so I used a blank tile for the Z and I still got 116 points with it.

Got it on my first try too, I had to do a lot of swapping and creating small-medium words on the left side of the board until I got all the letters. :Bounce::drunk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...