FAQ: How to Stat Grind and Create Strong Characters

Asturgis

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is impossible one of my union always dies no matter what. NEarly everybody knows Restore or a Restore 2 and the option never comes up. The Skull Scavangers only attacking one union and the keep you HP option never comes up I bought shitload of herbs for them and it's not coming up they always KO one union I think that's it it's not working for me. Even if I win the fight against the two skull scavangers I one or two unit is KO-d.

EDIT : The recruit officer in Athlum, when does he get more soldiers?

Edited by Rewmac

Hi, I just started this game and read about this guide, I got some questions I hope you can answer them. What part in the game do I get to max possible unions? Do I really have to grind only after maxing them? So far I've been avoiding every monster on dungeons and only fighting bosses.. how can I get items and money without fighting anything? TIA!

You get the maximum party upgrade on Disc 1 after the Nest of Eagles. However you should farm up until then. When you get the 5 leaders and unions and so. Start the grinding. Watch it for the Skull Scavangers though they can easily kill human units, however they can't seem to kill Yama units. What I did was boost my stats with Yama's while having the main healer units in reserve. When they were strong enough I've put them in the party.

For items it's easy you can't. Grind until you reach BR 25-30 and then do the sidequests those will be uber easy now. Use 4 unions I can post what I'm using and it works great. After the Nest Of Eagles battle you can obtain one of the best disc 1 weapons by talking to the lady in Calepaleis pub (she doesn't have red bubble, she is upstairs). After the Nest Of Eagles I recommend doing all sidequests for many and of course some stats. You should be able to beat the Nest Of Eagles with good tactics and some luck around BR18. I did it on this playthrough on my last one I needed like BR45 because I fought everything there was to fight.

@rewmac - Thanks for the tips! Anyway can you post the 4 unions your using? So it's safe to grind when you can use 5 leaders and unions? And if I can't really farm items without raising my BR, how about money? I badly need money right now I can't even recruit new members..

Ah shit i should've read this. I'm at BR 46 just exploring a bit, before the Elysion section of the main story. Fought the majority of things i've come across. Quite possibly screwed for the full 1K?

Quite possibly.

My suggestion would be to try and avoid EVERY fight you can from now on and just try to do all of the story and sidequests on Disc 1. Though even then you may be screwed.

I finished Disc 1 at BR68 on my first go and my stats were shockingly bad. Finished it the second time at BR33 and all of my stats were double (if not more) what they were on the first playthrough.

I'd recommend a restart, as the first disc is not actually that long if you just avoid everything and grind where you should do.

Good luck.

Shitballs. Cheers for the guidance man. Can't say i'm really wanting to restart this thing again though :\

EDIT: So i decided to start again but kept my original save just incase. I've read the first post again and again but just want to clear up, do i go through all the story up til just before i first reach Nagapur and then get my quests done and start grinding (being around BR 5 still) OR when i reach Nagapur to leave for Disc two?

Sorry to be a pain but i just wanna make sure incase i should leave my quests til i'm just about to finish disc one.

Edited by Squify

@rewmac - Thanks for the tips! Anyway can you post the 4 unions your using? So it's safe to grind when you can use 5 leaders and unions? And if I can't really farm items without raising my BR, how about money? I badly need money right now I can't even recruit new members..

Leader : Rush Members : Caplan, Deacon, Kimberly (all human soldiers)

Leader : David Members : Canna (Yama) Neales (Qsiti)

Leader : Torgal Members : Caedmon, Tenberg (human), Pentessia (Yama)

Leader : Emmy Members : Baulson, Redford (human), Sutherby (human)

On Disc 1 you don't really need to be all that superpowerful. You need to get to a level where you can beat disc 1, but think about disc 2 as well. As been stated, employ all soldiers with Remedies and some Yama soldiers with item arts. For money just do sidequests. You don't really need that bunch of money on disc 1.

this thread has been awesome thanks to it i have 4 unions at roughly 6000 HP each at br 99 i have done all cheevs and tried the AC to see how i would do lasted an hour and dies so i am planning to grind in level 3 ancient ruins again. i was wondering what the best guild quests to do if there is any good formations, weapons i could get to make AC easier, also should i download the DLC guild quests.

So i should grind my stats/BR on the scull scavengers just before Nest of Eagles, then complete that and get the last upgrade then continue to grind upto 25/30 on the scull scavengers then tackle all the sidequests and finish disc one?

Apologies for sounding like a broken record and to everyone that feels that way too.

Well my problem isnt relly about the leveling, but it occurred while i was leveling :)

I never use magic with rush, but since i am at ~BR 50 rush is a scholar... his hp dropped and infight the commands are almost everytime magic only...

i am trying not to use magic and if i use any (one spell is enough) he becomes expert scholer...

Has someone maybe a tipp how i can get rush back to a melee class?

Edit: If i choose for example "give it all you've got" everyone uses combat arts besides rush who uses his crappy spark

Edited by Anverun

I'm a little confused atm, I'm following the 10 steps listed at the start and atm I'm grinding on the Skull Scavengers in Blackdale, I'm at BR 8 currently and I'm not getting the stats I should be(I don't think). The SSs aren't strong to me(moral right over to the left) and after a fight I am getting 1 or occasionally 2 stat boosts for around 3 characters. Is this how it's meant to be?

Edit: Also the spot in the guide where it says there should be a sleeping Skull scavenger on the floor after entering, there isn't one for me.

Edited by Goobines99

To Anverun: Yeah I had a similar problem with Rush always using Mystic but at the time I was using a Staff(I think) or something similar. All I did was change my weapon to a sword or axe, I dont know if this has anything to do with it but maybe you should give it a try and see if it works.

To Goobines: I stat grinded on the SS's and I was definently getting more stats then you are getting, 90% of the time I was getting 4-5(sometimes more) stats per person for every person so I really dont know what to say, unlucky.

I followed this guide and now im BR 100 and I have 4 Unions, 2 of 4 and 2 of 5 and all of them have over 6000hp, pretty much at 7000hp with 3 of them. I went and beat the Fallen 1st time before and when I thought I wasnt getting anywhere Torgal just came up with Hawkrang which is pretty impressive and after that the Fallen was cake.

I'm a little confused atm, I'm following the 10 steps listed at the start and atm I'm grinding on the Skull Scavengers in Blackdale, I'm at BR 8 currently and I'm not getting the stats I should be(I don't think). The SSs aren't strong to me(moral right over to the left) and after a fight I am getting 1 or occasionally 2 stat boosts for around 3 characters. Is this how it's meant to be?

Edit: Also the spot in the guide where it says there should be a sleeping Skull scavenger on the floor after entering, there isn't one for me.

Are you sure you're grinding on the ones in the Obsidian Trail and not the weak ones in the first area?

@ DLStChad

Thats the problem...

- he does use 2 Katanas

- i am trying not to use any magic (only combat arts)

- whenever he is the leader of the sqad the commands are more magic than combat-arts

I changed rush's and caedmon's position so caedmon is now the leader - finally the commands are more combat-arts :|

But if i choose a round where everyone just normal-attacks, rush sometimes changes to a magic-art (everybody else chooses combat-art)

And the most annoying thing is that he lost around 300hp the moment he changed to scholar (same problem when david changed from fighter to mystikknight - but the hp didnt drop that much)

Are you sure you're grinding on the ones in the Obsidian Trail and not the weak ones in the first area?

Wow.....there must be something seriously wrong with my game because I don't have any SS spawns in Obsidian trail. I've just been running backwards and forwards between zones for ages and not a single one has spawned.....Do you have to be at a certain point in the story or something before they start appearing?