Impressions?

BipolarGlenn

I gave in and bought it today!

EDIT: This game crashes to the dashboard! I cannot continue my games. This cannot happen for a brand name like PES. don't buy before update!

EDIT 2: now, it's hard to say. mixed feelings. The mentioned problem does happen rather rarely, but when it happens, you have to start all over on the league etc, which can be major frustrating. On the other hand, the game is still very enjoyable!

And it is really easy achievement wise - here is why: when you are about to lose, hit the 'windows' button. now, you can continue, whereever you are in the cup/series and never have to start anew. I like it. Major problem is the lack of tutorial though.

here are the negatives:

- no choice of which player on the field to control. this results in the enemy running through your stupid defense, while you are running all the way back with a midfielder or offensive player. wtf=?!

- penalty shots - how do they even work? hence the lack of tutorial or help menu. you just press on the ball, and the player shoots how he likes, really...?! :/

if you can look aside of that, it's rather fun!

Edited by Cringer85

Here is what I wrote about this game on TA:

I haven't experienced much freezing with this game, but there are far too many other annoyances. Like with PES11, your AI teammate are stupid as frack, the DCs will ignore the ball or an opponent unless you switch to either of them and try to tackle. And that brings up another problem with the game, switching players. It's so annoyingly bad, because it will always switch to players that aren't near the ball. If the opponent is rushing towards your goal and you hope to switch to your DC, it will switch to someone who's behind the opponent, like a DMC, MC, and sometimes SB. If you however manage to switch to a DC, the other will still be like a headless chicken.

Another thing that's bugging me wildly with these games is how unresponsive your player is while in possession. If you want to make a quick shot or a quick pass, the player will more often than not run two or three steps before actually doing what you want him to do, and that usually leads to losing possession. Annoying, annoying, annoying.

I could probably write a book about all the annoyances this game offers, but I'll just leave it with this. Save your dough, this game ain't worth it. Period.

About penalties, you're supposed to "slide" with your finger in the direction you shoot. The faster you slide, the harder you shoot. I kinda just start at the ball and slide very slowly straight ahead so the shot goes in the middle of the goal. In most cases it ends up as a goal, because the keeper is absolutely retarded.

Here is what I wrote about this game on TA:

About penalties, you're supposed to "slide" with your finger in the direction you shoot. The faster you slide, the harder you shoot. I kinda just start at the ball and slide very slowly straight ahead so the shot goes in the middle of the goal. In most cases it ends up as a goal, because the keeper is absolutely retarded.

yes. figured that out already. not in most, but in every case it's a goal. just tip the ball and you will win every time!

Back in the days, like 10 years ago, PES was recognized as the best football game available. I haven't played PES since PES3 on PlayStation 2, but I've read that they completely ruined PES after PES6. I haven't been bothered with many football games on X360 apart from FIFA06's for the easy achievements and FIFA09 for the heck of it, so I dno how PES is doing nowadays.

The WP7 PES, however, is an abomination. It's completely hilarious how bad it is, it's like playing a football game for Game Boy. Though, being an achievement whore I just had to get it. And since I'm a proper moron, I'll probably get the next PES too, even while knowing that I'm gonna hate it just as much as the previous two installments.