What did you do while waiting for 7-Day Survivor?

relauby

I was just reading lots of reviews, listening to music and working out a plan for what to do once I had to start moving again, but then I made the foolish mistake of entering the Security Room to get a new Mega Buster when I had a good 1-2 days worth of food dumped in Ned's Knicknackery. I was about 6 hours in. The worst thing was, I had 150 shots left and I really did not need a new Mega Buster. Oh well, at least I know not to do it next time...

• 4 weeks later...
What I did was watch a lot of Netflix's and play around on the internet. Yes this is a 14 hour long achievement. Yes it sucks to do but the laser sword is a in game item that I always wanted.

I'm going for the ''Strike'' achivement at the beggining of 72 Hour Mode. next then in Overtime Mode ''Hella Copta'', and ''Perfect gunner''.

Then back to 72 hour mode to do the achivement I always reggreted never getting ''Zombie genocider'' just so I can get the Mega Man Buster to one day go for the ''Saint'' achivement. Then start up a new 72 hour mode to go after ''PP Collector'' (I already got most of the PP pics written down so I can just go were I need to to take a picture. I did not want to use a guide for this,I went store to store in Al Fresko Plaza,Wonderland Plaza,and the upstairs in Entrance Plaza. I also went to the gun store in North Plaza,and pics in Lesuire Park. I also nabbed a pic in the butcher shop in the Maitenece Tunnels. So I still have to explore downstairs Entrance Plaza,Paradise Plaza and North Plaza. Also the pic of the statue of the dried up fountain in North Plaza :( )

After all of that I want to do Infinite mode to get that Laser Sword (Light Saber). I think I'll go after 7 day survivor after all.

To every one theres a glitch I've heard about The Food Court were the game freezes on and after the 4th day if you go inside it. So I'd say rack up all the food you can from there before the 4th day to avoid this. :)

Also. Yes the safest place in the game is the Antique shop in The Entrance Plaza. It has a door that you can just shut and stay in there. As long as the door is shut and there are no zombies in the store,you are 100% safe.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I talked with my bro and read a book. A lot of the time I'd walk out of the room to stretch my legs while keeping my eye on the clock. Grab a bite to eat and stuff like that. My controller turned off every fifteen minutes, so I was pretty relaxed about the clock. Did have to leave it running while I slept one time.

Going for this achievement was 14 hours of the least gaming I've done in years.

Now since I have the Mega Man gun, and the Strike achivement,perfect gunner,Unbreakable,Hella Copter,ETC so I'm ready....I just have to use a guide first that way I can do this once and once only. This achivement and the 5 day survivor I want pretty badly. The two achivements I dread right now is ''Saint'' and ''Transmissionary''. I had fun killing Otis that dumb bastard. ''Frank why did you hang up on me anyway...'' ''Oh sorry Otis while your eating a snack in the saferoom I'm trying to avoid getting eaten by zombies.''

• 1 month later...

I actually did some kind of survivor conference. Was in a party with one other guy, that was doing the same run. We kept chatting, laying out plans and from time to time friends joined the party.

Had gone to the supermarket before the run so I had a nice buffet.

Also had my laptop next to me, for occasional internet surfing.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It was a while ago that I did it but i worked out how long it took to go from full health to no health. I was a while ago now but I think it was something like 18-20 minutes. I would set an alarm on my DC and then switch my channel to my DVD player. I think I watched like a season of scrubs, half a season of house and some blackadder. During the 16 or so hours it took to get this achievement, I think I only actually played the game for 2 of them :p.

• 1 month later...
It was a while ago that I did it but i worked out how long it took to go from full health to no health. I was a while ago now but I think it was something like 18-20 minutes. I would set an alarm on my DC and then switch my channel to my DVD player. I think I watched like a season of scrubs, half a season of house and some blackadder. During the 16 or so hours it took to get this achievement, I think I only actually played the game for 2 of them :p.

Yeah I had the microwave clock set for 15 minutes exactly. Ha ha man that annoyed everybody in the house all day and night.

• 4 months later...

Watched a ton of family guy had microwave clock set to 15 minutes every 15 minutes. Listened to a bunch of music. I must have listened to the song clocks by coldplay a hundred times. Every time I hear that song now I think of deadrising in infinite mode lol. Paid close attention to the games wiki to survive the 7 days. Wish I had been hooked up to live at the time to talk to a friend who was going for same achievement at the same time lol

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I'm currently commenting in this thread, driving around on GoogleMaps (way cheaper than actually going places), watching some Star Trek TNG, listening to my girlfriend snore, and contemplating going out to a convenient store to get a pop, whilst standing on the pavilion roof outside in a Mega Man outfit wielding a piping hot pizza.

Tonight is a good night. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just ordered a pizza, invited a friend over, and we just chilled and watched netflix/youtube videos.

Piece of advice for anyone, use a stopwatch. 20 minutes is how long you'll survive from full health taking no damage, so set an alarm for 19 minutes every time so you don't screw up and die. This isn't an achievement you want to attempt twice.

• 1 year later...