Jack Of All Trades - Helpful Tips

Crimson Ridley

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1135/5-8H6Sk=.jpg

Jack Of All Trades - You collected all 20 play styles

All of these should unlock after 5 kills, but some may take a few more. Civilians can be used for many of these styles. You can quit out of the level once the style is unlocked.

Two great levels for completing styles are Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year and Welcome to Hope.

To view your play styles, on the main menu, go to Unlocks > Playstyles. You find a list of 20 different styles that need to be unlocked. You will be given clues as to how you are to accomplish these tasks. Screw the clues, just look here;

(Note; This is now completed, but I'm open to alternative strategies as I'm only going off of what I found to be the simplest methods in the earlier levels.)

Needle Pumper - Get kills with a syringe. Load up Rosewood - Orphanage Halls, and proceed to the lab (there is a fuse in here). Pick up the syringe on the desk on the far side and start killing enemies with them. I used the X button kill, but you can also unlock it by throwing it. It took me 6 kills to unlock this.

Undertaker - You need to hide bodies, dead or alive. I loaded up Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year to accomplish this task. I took out the guy who is threatening the store owner, the cop who comes to investigate and the store owner himself. I dumped 2 bodies in the bin, and 1 in the hole. I then took out the guy who is buying the information from the police, the cop he is with, and the cop upstairs. I then dumped the 3 of them and the playstyle unlocked.

Piano Man - You need kills with the fibre wire. Load up any level where you have your fibre wire (The King of Chinatown or Terminus are good), and kill as many people as you can silently.

Reaper Man - Kill targets with point-shooting. I couldn't get this to work until I loaded up Run For Your Life - Shangri-La. I stole a gun from an officer, then proceeded to walk through the building, point-shooting every officer I ran into. It took me 7 kills to unlock it. This appears to be quite buggy.

Sandman - You need to subdue enemies. You can accomplish this on any level, though Terminus - Upper Floors is a good one. When you exit the lift (elevator), head left and around the corridors until you find a radio, and a laundry chute next to it. Grab the radio, and place it near the corner (the corner is the one with the guy stood in front of a window). Turn on the radio and move away from it, so the guy will come to investigate. Let him turn it off and then subdue him and drop him down the chute. Keep switching the radio back on and repeat this process 4 more times (you may need to move the radio to the opposite corner).

Dynasty Warrior - Get kills with a katana. Your first experience with a katana is in Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year. It is located next to the tattoo shop. Grab it and start hacking away at the fleshy things that are trying to run away.

Dynamite Harry - You need to blow people up with explosives. Load up The King Of Chinatown and grab the explosives next to the King's car. Drop the explosives near a group of guards, and detonate. Alternatively, load Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year and grab the explosives from the room that the target goes to buy information.

Gunslinger - Another rather buggy one. You need to kill enemies with a revolver. The best place for this is Birdie's Gift. When you start, turn around and walk to the door. On your left is a Mustang Snub. Take this and find somewhere to cover (I went through the vent in the Duck Shooting Range, so that I take out everyone in the shooting range. Now shoot up the place. I had to do this 4 times, with a mixture of head shots and body shots for this to finally unlock mid-battle.

Bartender - You need to hit people in the face with a bottle. Load up Welcome to Hope (you will be using this level for a few styles), and grab a bottle. Start a barfight, and then walk through hitting people with a bottle (don't throw it, just press X next to people).

Champion - Same as bartender, but just press X while you have nothing equipped.

Berserker - You need to kill people with an axe or tomahawk. Load Welcome to Hope, start the fight and make your way up to the bartender. Don't talk to him, just go to the left of the bar and grab the tomahawk from the dartboard. Now go to town on the people in the bar.

Brutus - Kill people with knives. Load Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year (or The King of Chinatown) and grab a knife from one of the market stalls (I grabbed the one in front of the tattoo shop (where the target asks the owner to come with him). Now, make like Jason and stab everyone up.

Viking - Kill people with clubs or bats. Load Welcome to Hope, walk into the restroom and grab the baseball bat from the stall on the left. Start the bar fight and smack the crap out of some people with the bat.

Tank - Load up any level on Professional and get yourself in hot water. Birdie's Gift has many gun-toting fools that will gladly rip you apart.

Pitcher - You need to achieve 5 thrown kills without causing any alerts.

Attack of the Saints - Cornfield

There is a knife right at the beginning to take, and if you get the scarecrow outfit, you can stand in the corn fields and they will walk right by you as long as you're not moving. This made Pitcher super easy as you can throw the knife at the ones who get spread out far enough so nobody is alerted. (Credit to Gackt.)

Spook - You need to get kills silenty with a silenced pistol. Load up a level where you have your Silverballers (Shaving Lenny - Streets of Hope for instance), and isolate some people. Then go up behind them and press X to Eliminate them with a shot to the back.

Jinx - Perform accident kills. You can get a few accident kills in Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year or Shaving Lenny - Streets of Hope. I need to find out if you can reload a checkpoint and get the same accident kill.

Maestro - You need to expend a clip of your sniper rifle, earning only head shots and without reloading your weapon. As I haven't unlocked the last mission, I loaded Shaving Lenny - Streets of Hope. I grabbed a bottle from behind me, opened the door to the doughnut shop and threw the bottle in the doorway. This makes the guard move from the stairs, so you can go up and grab the sniper rifle. Now, find a good vantage point (upstairs of the convenience store or even the alley you start in are good places) looking towards the garage. The will 3 police officers and your target there (if he isn't, wait for him to be). Kill all of those and then the police officer who will run at you from the store. Precision head shots are helpful, as they slow the targets down.

Glass Cannon - Shotgun kills. Load up Welcome to Hope, start the fight, walk into the restroom, enter the vent and grab the shotgun from the shelf. Walk out and open fire on some unlucky people.

Bank Robber - Take Human Shields. Load up The King of Chinatown and walk to an area where there isn't a guard presence, and draw your weapons. Get behind people and press A to take them as a human shield. Press X to then knock them out and repeat on other people.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

I can confirm to get Pitcher you must do 5 throw kills without getting detected. Have done it twice now and it successfully unlock. Thanks to Creasy47 from the other thread for suggesting it.

Be warned that you have to do this on any level other than the tutorial.

I can confirm to get Pitcher you must do 5 throw kills without getting detected. Have done it twice now and it successfully unlock. Thanks to Creasy47 from the other thread for suggesting it.

Be warned that you have to do this on any level other than the tutorial.

Which level did you do pitcher on Varkovsky?

Which level did you do pitcher on Varkovsky?

I did it in King of Chinatown. Initially I did it in the first Diana level. It says Pitcher unlocked and the main menu says 20/20 but no achievement.

I reloaded my save and tried it on the second level and got the achievement.

I got Jinx on either Chinatown or Terminus. I think it counted in Chinatown when I used the explosives. I had not hid the police officer's body (was up the stairs). I think that must have counted for 2 accidental kills because both target and the police officer died according to me not meeting the challenge for containing the blast to only killing the target.

Otherwise I am sure you can get them in most levels. Shooting the chandeliers within the library in Run for your Life is bound to kill a couple of people.

Also, do you have to actually complete the level to gain these styles or do you just automatically earn them? And they have to be done in one sitting right?

I did it in King of Chinatown. Initially I did it in the first Diana level. It says Pitcher unlocked and the main menu says 20/20 but no achievement.

I reloaded my save and tried it on the second level and got the achievement.

I got Pitcher in the first level too. Looks like I'll redo it once in Chinatown today. Shouldn't be hard since I've been using Chinatown to farm play styles.

Kill #1 - cop at car

cop disguise, blend past sitting cop on right and go up to dealer's house

Kill #2 - dealer

dealer disguise

Kill #3 - sitting cop

Kill #4 - market vendor (trepass into kitchen near fugu fish poisoning dish)

Kill #5 - lure the king (target) to car with alarm

I got Jinx on either Chinatown or Terminus. I think it counted in Chinatown when I used the explosives. I had not hid the police officer's body (was up the stairs). I think that must have counted for 2 accidental kills because both target and the police officer died according to me not meeting the challenge for containing the blast to only killing the target.

Otherwise I am sure you can get them in most levels. Shooting the chandeliers within the library in Run for your Life is bound to kill a couple of people.

Also, do you have to actually complete the level to gain these styles or do you just automatically earn them? And they have to be done in one sitting right?

Hey buddie, no all will be straightforward once you earned any of them. So no need complete level to get it. Just one sitting each of them so no worry they alway earns just like challenges they will saving into your progress straight away so no need re-do. Only way to bring them back is delete save game and start over to get it again. :)

For Pitcher, Attack of the Saints level, 3rd area (Cornfield)

There is a knife right at the beginning to take, and if you get the scarecrow outfit, you can stand in the corn fields and they will walk right by you as long as you're not moving. This made Pitcher super easy as you can throw the knife at the ones who get spread out far enough so nobody is alerted.

Did this on 2 profiles and had no issue unlocking it. Thought I'd mention it incase anyone was having trouble.

For Pitcher, Attack of the Saints level, 3rd area (Cornfield)

There is a knife right at the beginning to take, and if you get the scarecrow outfit, you can stand in the corn fields and they will walk right by you as long as you're not moving. This made Pitcher super easy as you can throw the knife at the ones who get spread out far enough so nobody is alerted.

Did this on 2 profiles and had no issue unlocking it. Thought I'd mention it incase anyone was having trouble.

Thanks a lot for the tip, that sounds like the best way to get this play style.

I'll try it out later :drunk

Awesome Guide....This helped alot

Amazing guide, everything was so easy and simple, only Gunslinger gave me issues, needed to attempt it 5 times, but it worked none the less.

Cheers guys, that means a lot and I'm glad it's helped. It always makes me happy when a friend actually likes what I've done. :D

I have question about the Maestro, Bank Robber and Spook

Maestro = did that like 3 times, it didn´t pop

Bank Robber = did this on like 20 ppl, it didn´t pop

Spook = not sure i did this, does it have to be certain amount of ppl? Like 50? Or like 5 in a row without noticing or what?

Edit: just did spook, but still need help with maestro and bank robber.

Edit 2: just did the Bank Robber, it didn´t work on civilians for me, but i did it with guards and that kind of guys and it popped, so only last left - Maestro

Edited by GeneralGranko

For Jinx, you need to perform two accidental kills in one level. You can do so in Chinese New Year. The accidents to perform:

- Rig the oil pump so that when one of the targets smoke there, he burns

- Where one of the targets interrogate a vendor, there's a hole. Push the target into the hole.

I got this play style without even trying for it when doing the above.

You can play on easy.

Also for Maestro, you don't necessary have to do five headshots in a row. I was doing it in King of Chinatown, in the dealer's apartment. I missed a couple of shots, but Maestro unlocked at my 7th shot (after the weapon auto-reloaded after 5 shots). I just picked a target, slow-mo headshot and then hid in the closet whenever someone rushed into the room. I also unlocked Russian Hare in the process of trying for Maestro. :)

Edited by neeker75

For Jinx, you need to perform two accidental kills in one level. You can do so in Chinese New Year. The accidents to perform:

- Rig the oil pump so that when one of the targets smoke there, he burns

- Where one of the targets interrogate a vendor, there's a hole. Push the target into the hole.

I got this play style without even trying for it when doing the above.

Eventually I looked at some guides for how to do it and kept following different ways but none of them worked. I haven't tried your way yet with pushing the guy down the hole, so I guess I'll try that next.

[Edit]: Yeah, didn't work. Didn't even have anyone suspicious of me or anything. Just... ergh...

Edited by Spock

• 1 month later...

I'm havng trouble with this, it says I have 20 out of 20 but the achievement didn't pop. anyone else have this problem? I unlocked pitcher in the prologue does that mean I have to play the game from the beginning and do all play styles again?

Edited by GothStan
more to say