just buy DarkSouls

xEl Boricua

Really, it doesn't matter. You can choose whatever class sounds coolest.

And another note, you should put your souls into upgrading your items rather than upgrading your skills. Or that's what I did anyway.

ok.. Good to know so is a little diferent from Demons souls?

Edited by xEl Boricua

I think the Pyromancer is the "Best" starting class. Decent equipment for starting with low equip burden, and you get a free pyromancy spell right from the get go. Also you're level 1 that means cheaper level up from the start, and you still get some decent stats in End/Vit/Str and Dex.

Winning combo if you ask me, when you start the game.

I think the Pyromancer is the "Best" starting class. Decent equipment for starting with low equip burden, and you get a free pyromancy spell right from the get go. Also you're level 1 that means cheaper level up from the start, and you still get some decent stats in End/Vit/Str and Dex.

Winning combo if you ask me, when you start the game.

good..going to check it out

If you're going the magic route though, it's often considered a huge crutch to make the game easy. The same applies to co-operative play or summoning.

Low level mage that is spec'd for High Int is like wet toilet paper. Almost anything can one shot you. But you can build a decent mage build in the ~120 lvl range, but at the cost of low Dexterity (40-45 dex dramatically increases casting speed) or Endurance, so you won't be able to equip any stuff with higher Poise against stun-locking. Mad dodge skills or bust, if you decide to go pure Mage.

I remember posting a good Mage build for semi-advanced players in the build section. High Int, High Vit (for a level 120 Mage), High Dex and a decent amount of Poise what will allow you to take a hit from a Greatsword before toppling. Put extra 5 points in Vit, and you're golden.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=381174&highlight=Builds

If you're interested more in PvP. Though my build is also great for PvE.

I have to agree on Mages being OP if they apply all the mag. adjust items. Especially if they're combo'ing everything. Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragoncrest ring and Crystal Catalyst... and spamming the shit out of Dark Bead... just ugh. 90% of mages for ex: in the Ganker Forest spam either Dark Bead or HCSM and turtle behind a Greatshield.

Edited by KriugerisLT

dunno about mages being OP. If points spent into just int/attunment the game still remains quiet a challenge as everything one hit KO but the same goes for most of the monsters too thought and bosses go down in about 4 hits.

but 50 intel and high vitality would be extremely easy build

dunno about mages being OP. If points spent into just int/attunment the game still remains quiet a challenge as everything one hit KO but the same goes for most of the monsters too thought and bosses go down in about 4 hits.

I wasn't saying that Mages are OP in general. I said that they're OP when using all the Mag.Adjust items, like: Crown of Dusk, Bellowing ring and the Tin Cryst. Catalyst. Items like that shouldn't be in the game, or stack as much. The Crown of Dusk I understand, because it lowers your resistance to magic significantly, but gives you extra magic damage. If anything else, all those items shouldn't stack, only 1 and you have to choose which one. Head, Catalyst or Ring.

OHKO equipment with a Crystal Soul Spear, Pursuers or Dark Bead.

Edited by KriugerisLT

I tried to play as a pure sorcerer build one time and holy fuck that was hard, you don't get any sorceries who pack any punch before quite a bit into the game, and you die very easily if hit, so I do not recommend this for any beginner.

Mages are OP when using all the Mag.Adjust items, like: Crown of Dusk, Bellowing ring and the Tin Cryst. Catalyst

I use crown+ring as half of cast being gone does not suite my style plus I doubt there will be enough damage difference between it and logan's at 99 intelligence.

my build has low vitality - I didnt put any points into it at all and at NG plus game still is challenging enough as I said everything 1 hit KOs me but I dish out some insane damage. my usual spells hit for about 1k+ and that usually kills bosses very fast but the draw back is light armor no shield usage to speak of and till last 1/4 in the first playthrough mages are actually loosing in damage output to every other build I play as Black Knight Halberd out damages spells significantly plus strength builds usually can afford much more protection. I am talking PVE only here as I do not play online.

I thought this was a thread telling me to buy Dark Souls. You almost had me...

yeah i just buy this game yesterday. i wanted to know what is the best charcter to begin....is not like demons souls is a litle diferent . i just want the opinion of all the player who play this game

i believe is more harder...I beat demonsouls in ps3 i get all trophie . but i begin using magic all the way. in Demons souls i didnt die like like 5 time in the begining like Dark souls lol

Jesus, how is that possible? I couldn't get past the first part of Demon Souls. Never made it to the first boss. :p

It has a small learning curve but if you finished Demon Souls you should be fine. As for what class to choose, it's been said by everyone else already. Pick whatever you'd like as they can all be molded into something great. :p

yeah i was looking and i see the pyro begin with level one..and i can moldet wherver i like not like the others character...

I use crown+ring as half of cast being gone does not suite my style plus I doubt there will be enough damage difference between it and logan's at 99 intelligence.

There's absolutely no point in putting 99 points in Int. 50 is the max amount that actually matters and scales damage pretty well. After that is just wasted soul levels. ~0.2% of the bonus for each level above 50 INT, so it's completely useless. You're better off putting those points in Resistance. lol

~0.2% bonus may be nothing for some but me I want MAX damage :) besides sometimes it makes all the difference like whatever trash dies from 1 spell or multiples. now I am working on getting DEX to 50 to be able to cast faster and use better daggers :)

Edited by asdfen

ok back to the original topic if you are having a hard time and you hsould be since the first time anyone plays Dark Souls its brutal here are some easy builds.

1. the first step in making dark souls easy is to choose a weapon that you are going to base your build around same as with Demon souls. Sorcery however is not recommended for your first playthrough as you will know how to complete some annoying easy to miss quests and farm a lot of souls to buy spells. What you want is a good easy mele weapon teamed with pyromancy.

Good starting weapons are as follows:

Gravelord Sword - easier to get than drake sword as it only involves running and no killing. Can be gotten within 10 minutes of arriving at Firelink. you can check out my speedrun vid for directions how to get it. Most of beginning bosses will die from few hits from it.

Balder Side Sword - pretty good weapon if it drops for you in undead parish and needs some major upgrading before useful.

Claymore - pick it up on the bridge with dragon once again needs upgrading before it becomes amazing.

You should probably try for lightning upgrade as it works well on most of the bosses and monsters.

As for shield you should aim for Grass Crest Shield and Eagle Shield right at the start of the game. While getting Grass Crest Shield killing Black Knight may yield Black Knight Halberd. That weapon is amazing in terms of moveset / reach and damage. You should consider investing stats to be able to use it if it drops.

Stats should be allocated so you can use weapon and shield of your choosing with 1 hand first. Once that is over and done with focus on Vitality till its 30 then endurance. If you can find yourself a pyromancy glove upgrade it to lvl10+ and buy greater combustion and also pick up power within.

With a build like that you should have an decent time through the game as nothing will be able to 1 hit KO you till new game plus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owRa6kcHkN0]Dark Souls speed run (no glitches) uncut - 180min - YouTube[/ame]