GTA V Encyclopedia & FAQ - READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

Crimson Ridley

Yeah, that's the point of this thread. It's here to have just a few stickied threads because all of the information you could need will be linked to from this thread.

Hence why OP posts them in the first post of this thread. Reduces clutter while still keeping them highly visible for others to find.

It worked well with Saints Row: The Third, so I don't see why it won't work well here too.

i understand that. but will other people really click on this encylopedia and search through threads instead of searching for pages? its a good idea, but having too many stickies will result in more duplicate threads, regardless if one of those threads is a list of other threads.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand that. but will other people really click on this encylopedia and search through threads instead of searching for pages? its a good idea, but having too many stickies will result in more duplicate threads, regardless if one of those threads is a list of other threads.

Well I'd hope "All That You Need To Know" would convince people that in this thread will be everything they need to know. This kind of thread has worked with Crackdown, Saints Row, Final Fantasy, etc.

I've been lurking on this thread until now. Nice to see that it's getting the recognition it deserves and has been stickied. I'm sick of seeing repeat threads on the first page all at the same time...

A lot of people seem to think that the Stranger and Freak missions are also glitched as they can take some time to appear on the map. You should remind people to be patient and that it can sometimes take a few in-game days for the next one to appear. Some of the strangers/freaks also require you to call them to activate the next mission (For Example Tonya).

Why am I losing money when I replay missions?

I would like to know and this should also be added to the FAQ.

I tested this, and while it took money at the start of the mission, it doesn't take it forever. I think it just reverts your money to what it was when you originally started that mission. I have $130,273 in Trevor's account. I replayed a mission and it went to $108,XXX. I blew myself up and cancelled the mission, returning to my main game. Upon return, I had $130,273 in my account balance. You aren't actually losing money, it just doesn't notify you that it's been put back in.

i got the BradyGames strategy guide PDF if you wanna add it here, let me know, ill upload it

That would be breaking all sorts of Copyright Rules.

Back on the Encyclopedia I think it would be a great idea to add something about how the vehicle purchasing and saving work, i.e. that it is currently kind of broken. I think this is very important to mention as you can spend millions of $ that is lost forever unless you are aware how it works.

Something I wrote in another thread.

...problem is more likely that the car saving system seems to be broken. All the cars I bought did not appear in the garage as there are only four spaces but it doesn't tell you that it is full. So buy any new ones or unlock a special vehicle and there is no way to save it. More annoying is that when you take one of these vehicles out for a mission or something it is more or less gone forever if you don't return it. You can select 'special' within the garage but when I select it I only see the Elergy. With everything else I bought on the internet like planes, heli's and boats I can cycle through them in their save locations. Sometimes vehicles turn up at the car impound but I have only had two go there early on in the game during main missions.

Spent a few million as well so very annoying!

So in short all planes, helicopters and boats are selectable forever more when you buy them from the internet as long as you have the relevant storage facility, i.e. hanger, helipad, dock.

However with cars, bikes and vehicles such as the tank they only get delivered to your garage (purchased one) if there is space. Also the vehicle will not be there unless it is returned and saved.

Another thing to note is that with the hanger, helipad and dock you can also save one stolen vehicle there but this will disappear if you buy a new vehicle or if you land another one in its spot.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

I read about that, don't you continue with your original money when you're loaded back into freeroam?

I don't think I did. I had $100k with Franklin, finished "Paparazzo - Reality Check" with a Bronze Medal. I replayed, saw some (actually, A LOT) of my money get deducted when the screen was loading. I completed the mission with a Gold Medal, and when I was back into the free roam, I only had $10k :(

I tested this, and while it took money at the start of the mission, it doesn't take it forever. I think it just reverts your money to what it was when you originally started that mission. I have $130,273 in Trevor's account. I replayed a mission and it went to $108,XXX. I blew myself up and cancelled the mission, returning to my main game. Upon return, I had $130,273 in my account balance. You aren't actually losing money, it just doesn't notify you that it's been put back in.

You're positive your money goes back to normal? I double checked Franklin's bank account by pausing the game and he still didn't have his $100k back :confused: Maybe I read it wrong in the first place, and he only had $10k to begin with? I don't know! Not much of a worry, as I don't care too much, I just wanted to know why the game did that and any further confirmation on what you have said will make me feel better.

I don't think I did. I had $100k with Franklin, finished "Paparazzo - Reality Check" with a Bronze Medal. I replayed, saw some (actually, A LOT) of my money get deducted when the screen was loading. I completed the mission with a Gold Medal, and when I was back into the free roam, I only had $10k :(

You're positive your money goes back to normal? I double checked Franklin's bank account by pausing the game and he still didn't have his $100k back :confused: Maybe I read it wrong in the first place, and he only had $10k to begin with? I don't know! Not much of a worry, as I don't care too much, I just wanted to know why the game did that and any further confirmation on what you have said will make me feel better.

You always ask if I'm positive. I don't say things unless I'm sure. :p

I'll even test it a few more times if it'll make you happy? ;)

I can confirm the money goes back to normal. Replayed about ten missions and each time during replay the money went to a very random amounts some of which I was sure was very different to what it was first time round, but when I returned back to my current game the amount was exactly correct.

I would advise doing a quick save before each replay though.

That would be breaking all sorts of Copyright Rules.

Back on the Encyclopedia I think it would be a great idea to add something about how the vehicle purchasing and saving work, i.e. that it is currently kind of broken.

So in short all planes, helicopters and boats are selectable forever more when you buy them from the internet as long as you have the relevant storage facility, i.e. hanger, helipad, dock.

However with cars, bikes and vehicles such as the tank they only get delivered to your garage (purchased one) if there is space. Also the vehicle will not be there unless it is returned and saved.

Also with the hanger, helipad and dock you can also save one stolen vehicle there but this will disappear if you buy a new vehicle or if you land another one in its spot.

I'll add this in soon. Rockstar have acknowledged there appears to be an issue, so once I can find exactly what it is I'll be better equipped to inform people here.

You always ask if I'm positive. I don't say things unless I'm sure. :p

I'll even test it a few more times if it'll make you happy? ;)

Lmao, I know :o It's a bad habit, I gotta stop! By your word and the confirmation in the post I'm quoting below, I must have read the numbers on the screen wrong. I won't have to worry anymore when replaying missions now :)

I can confirm the money goes back to normal. Replayed about ten missions and each time during replay the money went to a very random amounts some of which I was sure was very different to what it was first time round, but when I returned back to my current game the amount was exactly correct.

I would advise doing a quick save before each replay though.

Thanks for further confirmation. As stated above, I must has misread my total amount!

I'll add this in soon. Rockstar have acknowledged there appears to be an issue, so once I can find exactly what it is I'll be better equipped to inform people here.

Cool. Just that I came to the Forum looking for something that mentioned this but as usual with all big games there is a shit load of pages and pages of threads already and lots with mentions of vehicle disappearing, not saving, etc when they could all be in the one thread if people searched. Also every time I come back here there is twenty new threads and more than half are the exact same as another so decent threads are getting buried before they even get started.

So I am loving this thread. Nice one.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82