The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's not the right topic but well I'm gonna give it a shot.

How the hell am I supposed to take pictures with my phone in the game? I need to take a picture for a side mission but I really can't figure out how I'm supposed to pull up the camera.

There are no tool tips to help me out and neither the regular nor the ingame manual offer any advice.

Soo... I guess it's gonna be pretty obvious once somebody points it out but now I'm just mad over my own inability to take pictures :eek:

Welp I figured it out.

Had to use that one Snap app on the phone but couldn't get past the Social Club sign-in for a while so I figured I was doing it wrong. Once I was able to sign in it was smooth sailing

Maybe it's not the right topic but well I'm gonna give it a shot.

How the hell am I supposed to take pictures with my phone in the game? I need to take a picture for a side mission but I really can't figure out how I'm supposed to pull up the camera.

There are no tool tips to help me out and neither the regular nor the ingame manual offer any advice.

Soo... I guess it's gonna be pretty obvious once somebody points it out but now I'm just mad over my own inability to take pictures :eek:

the camera on the phone is called "Snapmatic". the icon in the bottom left corner.

press up on the d-pad to bring up the phone, than navigate to the bottom left corner on the phone with the d-pad. press a to use the camera.

Is reading not one of your strong suits? Notice the part about the CRT TV right after that. Dumb fuck. People who don't own a HDTV should not instantly be labelled as poor people. Some people just don't have one, or enough for everybody. You were being a prick regarding the Xbox One months ago, and now you're here being a prick again. So arrogant.

Actually, I was being sarcastic because someone else was being a prick. Go back and look.

But thanks for repeatedly insulting other peoples opinions that are different than your own. You must be a KKK member.

I'm mad that time is moving slower then normal. I have one more hour till I get to go home and this 5 minutes have felt like an hour.

I felt like that all day :( I hope you enjoy the game, bud :D

The first thing you guys should do soon as you get a chance is go to the Pier and ride the Ferris Whale & Rollercoaster. Sick thrills, for real.

Not a rant..but more of a concern..

Was playing as Franklin off mission and I switched to Michael, who just happened to be dropping off Jimmy to buy a new TV. He got out..and the gas on my car accidentally went off and I ran him over. I got out to see if he was dead or not, so I shot him about 12 times.

Have I lost my son forever? Trust me I'm not proud..

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/himalaybarad/2013-09-17233257_zps31749fae.jpg

The first thing you guys should do soon as you get a chance is go to the Pier and ride the Ferris Whale & Rollercoaster. Sick thrills, for real.

Will do this soon!

Was playing as Franklin off mission and I switched to Michael, who just happened to be dropping off Jimmy to buy a new TV. He got out..and the gas on my car accidentally went off and I ran him over. I got out to see if he was dead or not, so I shot him about 12 times.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/himalaybarad/2013-09-17233257_zps31749fae.jpg

"Accidentally" went off, huh? ;)

Also, what kind of logic runs through your head, bro?! "Is he alive? Let me shoot him 12 times to check!"

LOLOLOL.

2 things - evading the cops is very hard!

And I haven't seen it mentioned but I hate it how they have tried to make the minimap into a sat nav whilst driving, because its not birds eye view I can't tell whether I need to use a slip road when coming off the motorway. Couldn't find any settings to change it to birds eye view

I ran his daughter over, multiple times and haven't heard from her since...

I'd rather have neither and access to a digital interactive map ...

Might actually buy the game guide, and I rarely buy game guides.

There's the GTA V Manual App that R* released last night. That has a digital map. Pretty useless on an iPhone, but it would be good on an iPad I think. With all the hype about the iFruit app, I'm surprised there wasn't buzz about this. Seems like it might be helpful.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-theft-auto-v-the-manual/id699032795?mt=8

Will do this soon!

"Accidentally" went off, huh? ;)

Also, what kind of logic runs through your head, bro?! "Is he alive? Let me shoot him 12 times to check!"

LOLOLOL.

Lol what can I say.. I've lost it.

I ran his daughter over, multiple times and haven't heard from her since...

So technically, he's lost both of his kids? Umm..

I hate to share this but ehh..it happened again.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/himalaybarad/2013-09-18001915_zpsd0bba4b8.jpg

I have nothing against Michael..honestly don't know what's happening.

Rofl, I don't know what's going on over there...but I need to make sure to be careful with Michael now. I want his children alive!

I know the world is a different place and terrorists aren't nations so we have to change our tactics, but I think some of what Rockstar is commenting on with this game does hit on how drastically our country has changed in this post-911 world ... more-so than they did in GTA IV I think even.

I know that it is meant to be commentary on the 'Enhanced Interrogation Techniques' used by the US government, but how they portrayed it in the game doesn't really work. The protagonists are against it at first, but are forced go along with it anyway. The person who gets them to do it is a corrupt government official. So is it a commentary on self serving, morally bankrupt official putting results before any human cost? But by torturing the man, he does give them what they need. So is that an endorsement of it? One of the medal requirements is to use all of the torture devices, which adds a whole other level of discomfort to it.

Overall I think why the scene seems so muddled and awkward is because R* wanted to do something on torture and had no idea how to fit it in, or it's there purely for shock value. It's pretty similar to the controversy around Zero Dark Thirty last year.

I haven't gotten there yet but they mentioned that in the IGN review. Honestly, I'd be surprised if it tops a couple of torture scenes in The Last of Us. Those we're pretty intense.

I think this is a case of context is everything. In Last of Us the tone is gritty and brutal, and Joel's capacity for violence increases as he get's more obsessed with Ellie. In GTA it's just a one off with no relation to the narrative.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread