having trouble getting aerial predator

tictacsnake88

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately you have to start a new game.

You can't get to that checkpoint after completing it :(

Well, next time, once you get into the sequence, if you don't get it, just quit at the end, before the games saves, and load again.

Does difficulty affect this achievement at all? Like will it be easier on Easy, rather than the higher difficulties.

When i first got this, i went through on Apocalypse straight away, and did all i could. So i've just rented it back to get my last 195G and was considering starting it over before Darksiders 2 comes out.

If that's the case, i may as well just start on Easy this time.

• 2 months later...

Got a few problems to obtain it with the lock method in Apocalypse difficulty after several tries.

Then, I remembered that I had a auto-fire pad (the SF4-6 buttons Pad of MadCatz) and that it might worth to give it a try.

This pad don't have a right stick, but there is a switch under it to choose between "Left Stick/D-PAD/Right Stick" so I choose "Right Stick" (you don't have to move the character at all with this method, just the aim cursor) and activated the auto-fire for the RT button.

Then, I retried the leved, only using the rapid fire with the auto-fire (no lock) and got the achievement at the first try before the end of the level (I erased the cache to get rid of the patch but not sure it change something with this method as I was only getting 100-110 kills with the lock method, even with the cache erased).

About restarting a new game, it's not a big deal. Taking my time in my Apocalypse, I reached this place after 1h20 of play, so if you play in easy difficulty and avoid most of the ennemies, you can probably reach this point in less than an hour (do a manual save just before the locked door and reload it if you fail, you'll restart outside the building. Just jump back in the building and you'll be directly back to the locked door).

So if you have a pad with an auto-fire, this is your best chance to get this achievement easily (or you can smash the button the fast you can but this won't be as much efficient as a true auto-fire).

But even without an auto-fire, I think using the rapid fire is probably more efficient than the locking (like for the green ennemies, you won't kill much of them with the lock, but you can kill a lot of them with the rapid-fire).

Edited by davhuit

• 3 weeks later...

just max out the sensitivity of your controls and keep holding and releasing RT while stroking them with your aim. When the large clouds of colourful flying things come and go around a corner just move your dragon to the opposite of the screen to get an extra aim. Got back to this game after a year or so and got it in my third try, so finally 1000 GS woohaa!

• 2 weeks later...

I found the easiest way was to spam the homing attack on all the regular angels, bats, and swarms of locusts. Use your single attack repeatedly on the bigger angels and beasts. Homing attacks on the 3 energy balls the larger angels throw are a must. Also, the few tanker trucks scattered throughout the upper world are good to destroy for a few extra kills. When you're in the underworld area, focus on the locusts coming towards you with homing attacks and switch to those moving away from you to maximize kills. Took me a few tries to get this one.

• 3 months later...
I found the easiest way was to spam the homing attack on all the regular angels, bats, and swarms of locusts. Use your single attack repeatedly on the bigger angels and beasts. Homing attacks on the 3 energy balls the larger angels throw are a must. Also, the few tanker trucks scattered throughout the upper world are good to destroy for a few extra kills. When you're in the underworld area, focus on the locusts coming towards you with homing attacks and switch to those moving away from you to maximize kills. Took me a few tries to get this one.

Completely agree with that. I didn't know about this achievement until I looked at the list after I passed this section of the game. I made a new save on easy and got up to this point. I just spammed my LT and move my right thumbstick everywhere, hoping to lock on to as many things as possible in a small amount of time. There are easily more than 200 enemies to shoot at.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...