Very Easy Gunning Achievement

Comatose

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did this on accident similar to to the description except with 1 alert and no strike teams called.

1. hijack a LONE HELI! (lone as in its the only helicopter in the sky at the

moment, and much easier if heli is equiped with homing missiles) once this is complete the alert should end like it normaly would

2. go high but not high as possible

3. fly around the city and kill any helicopters that are by themselves (homing missiles first, it is usually a 1 shot 1 kill kinda deal)

4. reapeat until out of missiles which should be about 15-25 missiles

5.if you did this right you should have it within 5-10 minutes

6 if your missile does NOT kill it in 1 shot an alert will be called. the regular guns should finish it off in less then 4 shots

note: if you are noticed and cant escape just blow the out of the sky with regular bullets as homming missles becom less effective as the helicopters will try and dodge, which is why it is best to use those first

and on average a new heli spawns every 30-60 seconds so it wont take long

ACHEIVMENT UN-:locked!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Quickest way I found to do this was to hang around the Hydra tentacles after you get the first chopper mission where you assist the military. Choppers keep flying in and if you hover just outside of the throwing radius of the tentacles, you can gun down the choppers really quickly without any military alert.

Took me about 5-6 minutes yesterday.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I found another way of doing this in which you have infinite missiles (could just be because my Helicopter skill was what it is so I had more ammo not really sure) and they don't fire back at all. The mission where you got to hijack the helicopter and serve as transport helping the soldiers destroy infected. The mission before the bloodtox gas and the super soldiers come. Take the helicopters and follow the mission as instructed till you have to land before the hydras appear and you have to take out like six of them or so. Since it has infinite of the first type missiles and the other helicopters won't even shoot back.

Some will spawn and attack the infected and others higher up will just spawn and fly around. They will be friendly targets since you have some soldiers inside yours you can't lock onto them so it would take a little while longer, but as long as you avoid getting hit by flying debris from the Hydras you shouldn't take any damage at all. Plus it is a great way to take out the water towers for that achievement if you haven't gotten it by then. Just look for a bunch of birds flying around and lock onto whatever you can shoot and unleash hell upon them. Once all is done you should have Gunner done and you can finish up the mission.

Super Fast and Easy using this method, just wait till you have picked-up some of the military first. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...