new DLC

Sayam

There are only rumours at the moment,with Bethesda apparently trademarking the word/name 'Redguard'

If Bethesda are sticking to the same plan,then Skyrim when looking at Oblivion and Morrowind,is coming up for a GOTY edition

Morrowind-May 2002 release/GOTY October 2003

Oblivion-March 2006 release/GOTY September 2007

so roughly about a year and a half between the first release to GOTY,where as Skyrim is right now 1 year and 4 months since release

Hopefully we will get that one last DLC before that happens

I don't think any game has 2000 GS. I'm not even sure if this is permitted by MS. They only seem to raise the GS limit on games when they need to make an exception for Halo, hence why the limit was taken from 1500 to 1750 when Halo 3's DLC came out. No game has gone higher than this mark.

That said, I've got bad OCD and I don't think 1550 is honestly a bad place to stop. I would much rather have 1750, but at least it doesn't stop on some odd number. Screw games that have strange-numbered GS points!

I don't think any game has 2000 GS. I'm not even sure if this is permitted by MS. They only seem to raise the GS limit on games when they need to make an exception for Halo, hence why the limit was taken from 1500 to 1750 when Halo 3's DLC came out. No game has gone higher than this mark.

That said, I've got bad OCD and I don't think 1550 is honestly a bad place to stop. I would much rather have 1750, but at least it doesn't stop on some odd number. Screw games that have strange-numbered GS points!

Gears of War 3 does. It was the first 360 game to reach it. In fact it's the only 360 to reach that limit so far. There is a PC game that has 2000 gamerscore. But that's not an Xbox game. 2000 is the official new limit. So it's completely possible for Skyrim to reach it, and I really hope it does. :)

Gears of War 3 does. It was the first 360 game to reach it. In fact it's the only 360 to reach that limit so far. There is a PC game that has 2000 gamerscore. But that's not an Xbox game. 2000 is the official new limit. So it's completely possible for Skyrim to reach it, and I really hope it does. :)

Gears 3 is not the first, only, or even the highest. Monster Hunter Frontier has been over 2000G for a long time (at 2750G now), and Pinball FX2 recently hit 2050G.

Edited by Veedrock

What the heck for? DLC should not have achievements, all games should stay at 1000 or 200. Sheesh. Wouldn't you rather have a new game than dlc? I mean, you could get 1000 more instead of 250 or so...

What the heck for? DLC should not have achievements, all games should stay at 1000 or 200. Sheesh. Wouldn't you rather have a new game than dlc? I mean, you could get 1000 more instead of 250 or so...

The fact that you care so much is WHY DLC has achievements. Any developer with an ounce of business sense knows that it is a smart decision to add achievements to DLC... it increases sales.

The fact that you care so much is WHY DLC has achievements. Any developer with an ounce of business sense knows that it is a smart decision to add achievements to DLC... it increases sales.

YES! I understand from a "business sense" why they exist. What I cannot fathom is why the consumer really CARES about points that are worthless! And even if one were predisposted to care, why not yammer on about a NEW game with the possibility of 1000 gamerscore instead of a piddly 250 for a dlc?

Guest Scotty
YES! I understand from a "business sense" why they exist. What I cannot fathom is why the consumer really CARES about points that are worthless! And even if one were predisposted to care, why not yammer on about a NEW game with the possibility of 1000 gamerscore instead of a piddly 250 for a dlc?

well, because every point counts and the DLC is almost deffinitely coming out, so people are gonna 'yammer' on about the possible achievements that come with it.

also, people care so much about 'worthless' points, because they do. its that simple. why would you care about anything, hobby related, its essentially all worthless, but its interesting and entertaining to someone, so it isn't worthless at all.

just how i see it anyway. my gamerscore is nothing to brag about (around 87k), but im obsessed with trying to get achievements, its a big decider for buying new games for me.

well, because every point counts and the DLC is almost deffinitely coming out, so people are gonna 'yammer' on about the possible achievements that come with it.

also, people care so much about 'worthless' points, because they do. its that simple. why would you care about anything, hobby related, its essentially all worthless, but its interesting and entertaining to someone, so it isn't worthless at all.

just how i see it anyway. my gamerscore is nothing to brag about (around 87k), but im obsessed with trying to get achievements, its a big decider for buying new games for me.

And I will agree that I try to get all of the achievements for a game, but I like my gamerscore to be pure. 1000 per game and I can see if someone completed a game. When you start adding for dlc, its hard to figure out if someone completed unless you happen to know how many points total for a given game + dlc.

Guest Scotty
And I will agree that I try to get all of the achievements for a game, but I like my gamerscore to be pure. 1000 per game and I can see if someone completed a game. When you start adding for dlc, its hard to figure out if someone completed unless you happen to know how many points total for a given game + dlc.

i suppose to an extent, i see what you are saying and having scores like 1370:gsicon: like DA2 has, it looks strange, but personally i will take any achievement score total.

Gears 3 is not the first, only, or even the highest. Monster Hunter Frontier has been over 2000G for a long time (at 2750G now), and Pinball FX2 recently hit 2050G.

Monster Hunter Frontier is a Japanese only title. So I don't even consider that since not a single person on this site has played it according to the Leaderboards. Pinball FX2 is a rare exception. But I'm not sure if it hit 2K before Gears or not.

Because I like the game and want to experience new content in it. DLC without achievements doesn't sell well in most cases because achievement hunters feel cheated by it. That's not how I feel 100% of time. But I think most people on this site would.

It's not about the points. (For me atleast.) I just want to enjoy the game more and spend more time on it. So new content is always welcome to games I like.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

It's not about the points. (For me atleast.) I just want to enjoy the game more and spend more time on it. So new content is always welcome to games I like.

I dunno, after 1000 points, I'm pretty much tired of a game. Especially with all of the grinding achievements. Wouldn't you rather have Elder Scrolls VI? And besides, as long as Skyrim is going strong with dlc, we'll not see a new Fallout either. There are still dungeons I've never touched in Skyrim and never plan to. I guess I've burned out on snow...

Also, the achievements only work with marketing as long as people drool over more achievement points.

I dunno, after 1000 points, I'm pretty much tired of a game. Especially with all of the grinding achievements. Wouldn't you rather have Elder Scrolls VI? And besides, as long as Skyrim is going strong with dlc, we'll not see a new Fallout either. There are still dungeons I've never touched in Skyrim and never plan to. I guess I've burned out on snow...

Also, the achievements only work with marketing as long as people drool over more achievement points.

Of course I'd rather have Elder Scrolls 6. But that's years away. And it wouldn't use the same people anyway. There's different people working on DLC and sequels to games simultaneously in development studios. And you're mistaken about Skyrim DLC interfering with a new Fallout game's development. There would be a different team assigned to that project if it exists currently.

As far as people drooling over achievements, I'd say that's a gaming trend that's likely to continue into the future. I mean take the site we're on right now, it's completely devoted to the pursuit of gamerscore. Some people take it way too far by playing games solely for that purpose to the point where they play games they truly hate just to get another 1000. I'd never do that at this point. I try to only play games I'm genuinely interested in. Although I have played some that I didn't like that I suffered through for completions sake. I don't do that anymore though.

Lately I've honestly lost my lust for achievement hunting. I attribute that to the fact that I've recently gotten into PC gaming. I can play those games without having to worry about my gamerscore. And it's a real relief honestly. You don't have to stress and can focus on just having fun. That's the way gaming should be in my opinion. I still loving hearing that magical bleep-bloop sound though. :p

Bethesda outsourced the development of Fallout:New Vegas to Obsidian so there is no reason why they wouldn't potentially do the same thing. So saying that them working on Skyrim DLC is holding back Fallout production is a flawed argument.

Also, a lot of programmers work on DLC as side projects while working on major projects. Hearthfire was never an intended DLC, it was a side project that some guys worked on in their spare time and Bethesda decided to release it.

I really don't understand why you are complaining about DLC and the extra gamerscore they provide. With some companies, sure its a money grab. However, Bethesda despite their many other problems, always release seriously large DLC for their games that add dozens of hours of gameplay to the original content. The extra GS is just an added bonus to that.

Guess you're not old enough to appreciate "high score" on an arcade game. Same concept. Bragging rights.

Bethesda outsourced the development of Fallout:New Vegas to Obsidian so there is no reason why they wouldn't potentially do the same thing. So saying that them working on Skyrim DLC is holding back Fallout production is a flawed argument.

Also, a lot of programmers work on DLC as side projects while working on major projects. Hearthfire was never an intended DLC, it was a side project that some guys worked on in their spare time and Bethesda decided to release it.

I really don't understand why you are complaining about DLC and the extra gamerscore they provide. With some companies, sure its a money grab. However, Bethesda despite their many other problems, always release seriously large DLC for their games that add dozens of hours of gameplay to the original content. The extra GS is just an added bonus to that.

I never said they wouldn't WORK on the next project, I said they won't RELEASE the next project until they can milk as much as they can out of the current release, no matter what title.

I'm saying, instead of wanting, wishing, desiring more dlc because it adds to gamerscore, it would be more beneficial to get a NEW game with something fresh, for 1000 more gs instead of 250 or so for a dlc. They do it because people BUY it. Hence, day 1 or day 10 dlc releases.

I do, however, like the ps3 idea where gamerscore isn't a priority but getting platinum does. That actually MEANS something.

And to the one who said I wasn't old enough to remember high scores, if everyone has the same high score, who really cares? Besides, my dad bought us Pong when it came out, and there were no achievements. But it was a blast to play!