So I played through the game before I got to see the movie. Because the game is based on the movie, I had certain expectations about the movie and felt a bit let down because I think the game excelled above the movie in instances.

McGonnagol vs Snape

Game - MocGonnagol declares "You are a coward severus, and you always have been". fight starts

Movie - no dialogue. fight starts.

Game wins

McGonnagol Troll Fight

Game - McGonnagol valiantly declares she will defend hogwarts. Awesome fight scene where you defeat giant troll.

Movie - McGonnagol does something I guess.

Game wins

I was really excited to see McGonnagol kick some ass in the movie because the game portrayed her in that way. I was sad when there was no scene of her directly taking on a troll.

Dumbledor Fights

Game - sadly, he is not a useable character nor does he shoot his death star laser spell down the bridge

Movie - Dumbledor casts his awesome death star spell. very brief, but cool.

Movie wins

are you actually kidding me. Dumbledore is dead and doesn't appear in the game, i would recommend you read the book and just so you know the game is crap.

his brother. i never said Albus.

i suggest you be right next time so you dont look like an idiot. i have read all the books, have you read any?

and just so you know, I enjoyed this game and im sure other people did as well.

Edited by emul8ter25

• 3 weeks later...
Are you actually kidding me. Dumbledore is dead and doesn't appear in the game, i would recommend you read the book and just so you know the game is crap.

Oh I would call you such bad names right now if I didn't want to get another warning.

You do realize the last book was so awesome they made two separate 2 hour movies from it, right?

I've barely gotten into it, but I like it. I'm a huge HP nerd and I'm loving it. There will be no HP movies or books anymore, so this game is great to continue on enjoying the series. It's no GoW (even though that game is boring as fuck) in it system, but it's a decent game. Crap? No. Decent enough to play if you like HP? Yes.

• 2 months later...

The current games are the worst overall, comparing them to the movies/books. I found the first three Potter games to be fairly nice and moderate. I loved the free-roaming you could do in the Chamber of Secrets. But the Deathly Hallows Part 2 game has quite a few bugs and awkward controls that irked me. I prefer the books over the movies, and the movies over the games. But that's just me, at least.

his brother. i never said Albus.

i suggest you be right next time so you dont look like an idiot. i have read all the books, have you read any?

and just so you know, I enjoyed this game and im sure other people did as well.

You sure you read the books, there is no mcgonagall fight with a giant in the books either.

As said above, compairing game to movie, movie wins, compairing movie to book, book wins, over all book wins. Doesn't mean the game or film can't be fun though.

Favourite quote from the film for mcgonagall though has to be when she casts the spell for the knights to come active and protect hogwarts and says "i've always wanted to use that spell" and walks off smirking.....dunno why but that parts always stuck in my head and makes me smile too when i remember it :D

Anyway im enjoying the game so far, ive enjoyed all of the 360 ones really. Never played them prior so cant comment. I just dont have expectations for them to be as good as the books/films, being a gamerscore whore i play alot of movie games, i can have fun with them alot of the time but i dont expect them to be a triple A style game, just something fun to pass the time (and get that 1000 points :D).

Edited by Killerchronic

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...