Shutdown Servers (Xbox 360/Xbox One/WP/W8/GFWL)

THE DEADLY DOG

Hey why are all the sports 2k games on this list?

The only thing that is down on those is league servers. You can still do matchmaking. Or is this list basically a list of games you can't get 1000G in cause of the servers?

Regardless you should take MLB 2k9 off the list the servers might be shut off but no achievements are tied those servers you can still get 1000/1000G in that game.

If you read the description of this thread you noticed this is for any game that has shut down servers regardless of whether or not achievements are tied to it.

Hey why are all the sports 2k games on this list?

The only thing that is down on those is league servers. You can still do matchmaking. Or is this list basically a list of games you can't get 1000G in cause of the servers?

Regardless you should take MLB 2k9 off the list the servers might be shut off but no achievements are tied those servers you can still get 1000/1000G in that game.

Some games don't require multiplayer but multiplayer makes it easier.

Another thing is it shows the track record for companies/game series. So old games may not have had online achievements but newer ones might.

If you read the description of this thread you noticed this is for any game that has shut down servers regardless of whether or not achievements are tied to it.

thats fine but your list says mlb 2k9 achievement that the onlines are tied to the server they are not

Red color game names- Achievements linked to online servers.

They aren't

Edited by anthonyd46

thats fine but your list says mlb 2k9 achievement that the onlines are tied to the server they are not

Red color game names- Achievements linked to online servers.

They aren't

Guide says otherwise.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/major-league-baseball-2k9/guide/

Overview:

Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 4/10 (9/10 without adjusting stats)

Offline: 48 (930)

Online: 2 (70)

Step 3: Online Play

There are only two online achievements in this game, but one of them can be a supreme pain in the neck. Go to the Xbox Live menu and play a Quick Ranked Match. In finishing the game you will get the I Could Have Been a Contender achievement, but Team 2K is considerably more difficult. To get that, you need to win a 9 inning game against someone that has the achievement. It took me 12 games or so to get this, because the people I beat didn’t have it, and those that did, quit early. If you are really hunting, just check the opponent’s gamertag before hand to see if they have it and back out of the game if they don’t. Eventually you will get it, it just may take a while. If you want, check the FORUM to see if there is someone with the achievement willing to throw the game in exchange for cards. Human players are craftier, too, so it is likely that you will find an opportunity to get the Ya Can’t Get Fooled Again achievement, since some players will run on two strikes. The good news is, you can unlock cards in ranked games, so you are at least making progress there if it takes a while to get Team 2K.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

An online server is a component that is needed for people to access a certain feature in the game. The 2k matchmaking for that game runs on peer to peer so when the server is down the only thing that wont work is leagues. There is no achievements for leagues therefore the online server is not tied to the achievements because if they were then they would not be obtainable. They are still obtainable.

Well if it serves no purpose or it is deemed improper they will all be deleted and I will be told not to post similar topics anymore.

But if they even help one person from deciding not buy a game when they want to get 1000G and there are multiplayer achievements involved--well then my time spent researching and compiling will be worth it.

Until that time, I'll keep posting, and keep creating threads.

Thanks.

This is a very helpful thread and I thank you for it. Perhaps I can help with xbox arcade game no longer available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games

are you sure top spin 2 is closed? Still seeing people posting for help in the forums.

The thing with the Top Spin 2 servers is that they are still up (as far as leaderboards/matches go), but some of the finer nuances of online are shutdown. I need to rectify that making sure people know they can still play.

• 4 weeks later...

Any possibility of Army of Two: The 40th Day servers going down soon? I missed out on the online achievements for the first one, so I'll miss out on 10 of the achievements but I actually ended up liking the game this time through and wouldn't mind trying out the first sequel.

Any possibility of Army of Two: The 40th Day servers going down soon? I missed out on the online achievements for the first one, so I'll miss out on 10 of the achievements but I actually ended up liking the game this time through and wouldn't mind trying out the first sequel.

I haven't heard anything or saw any posts about it thus far. I could do a little more digging if you think it may be a possibility.

I haven't heard anything or saw any posts about it thus far. I could do a little more digging if you think it may be a possibility.

I think the first game's servers went down 3 years after it released. And this sequel came out in 2010...so the concern's there .__.

I think the first game's servers went down 3 years after it released. And this sequel came out in 2010...so the concern's there .__.

You're probably aware, but the achievement for creating a custom mask, "DIY PMC," is already unobtainable due to the 40th Day website (and with it, the mask creator) being replaced with one for The Devil's Cartel. As I recall, the Army of Two team was disbanded shortly before TDC came out, so there's very little hope of the mask creator going back up, though I imagine it'd be a simple process.

With this in mind, and considering that the first game already had its servers closed three years after launch, I'd have to agree with you that 40th Day is a high-risk game right now.

However, one thing to consider is that EA has recently started making strides in changing their online policies. Although they currently have a bunch of Facebook and iOS games on the chopping block, the last 360 shutdown they had scheduled was Skate 3's share server back in April. Just a few days before it was due to close, they announced that all online passes (including Skate 3's) would be made free. Along with this announcement, the server closure was apparently cancelled.

This could mean nothing--it's completely possible that we'll be seeing a long list of future closures coming in the next week or so, you never can tell. I can't help but shake the feeling that games like 40th Day and Mercs 2 are probably running on borrowed time.

• 4 weeks later...
i thinks ufc 10 servers is down i try yerstaday and now but servers don't work

I picked this up Friday and the option to get online was greyed out...no access whatsoever. From what I gather, the servers are sketchy to begin with, but at least the option was clickable. Not surprised, because it's THQ...and EA (haha) now has the rights the UFC.

I picked this up Friday and the option to get online was greyed out...no access whatsoever. From what I gather, the servers are sketchy to begin with, but at least the option was clickable. Not surprised, because it's THQ...and EA (haha) now has the rights the UFC.

Well this appears to be enough evidence for me. I'll throw it up on the list.

In addition Halo 2 will not be going offline anytime soon. M$ is rumored to have purchased the servers and now has the server added to the other online servers. Huzzah for one less shutdown. It will be removed from the upcoming section.

Edit: Added UFC.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG