Veteran Capturer GLITCHED?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I don't get about people who make a post, and then never update once they've gotten the achievement. The original poster got his 20 matches Veteran achievement and the second guy managed to get his Novice achievement...

So it's probably not glitched, however the numbers obviously don't add up... as I still haven't got either novice nor veteran although I've played for two days now and got all the other ones, but not those two. And not only that, but I've played ranked matches mostly, and it says I have 0 wins and 0 loses and 3 kills and 3 deaths. So who knows what's going on there... anyone else experience this?

UPDATED: After two days straight of not getting "novice" or "veteran," I created a player match as host, set for the shortest times for everything and 5 captures to win and waited for one player to join. Started the game and more people joined as the game progressed. We were over 10 people in the match after a couple minutes.

After five completed matches "novice" finally popped up, and about 15 games later, "veteran" did too.

So be the host, because apparently, my 30 previous games never counted when using the "quick match" option.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, I really wish for that to happen to me as well. These two achievements are really annoying. I have hosted and also played a lot of games but nothing as of yet. It is lucky that these are 0 point achievements otherwise it would really be bad. Guess I will just have to drive on and hopefully get lucky at some point. :(

I was hoping to 100% this game but novice and veteran capturer is glitched for me. On the leaderboard it says I have won 0 matches and lost one match even though I have played several matches. I did host one match and lost so I guess hosting is the trick to the achievement. I guess I will just settle for the 1000 and forget about those achievements if I have no luck today. But I ended up unlocking novice capturer after hosting a few matches so I guess I will keep hosting and get the other one.

Edited by Soldiercloud9

Well, when people call them glitched I think they merely mean that they do not unlock the way the are supposed to. I had great trouble unlocking the one for playing 5 games. It seems it might have to do with hosting but that is not mentioned at all in the achievement description. I would therefore agree with the fact that they are a little glitched but still quite possible to get. :)

It's not like everything is glitched, if you don't get it right away ;) What the 'problem' is, is indeed that you have to be the host for a match to count towards the achievement. It unlocked for me after 20, or maybe 21 or 22 matches, I didn't count them exactly. But I'm very sure that just joining a match doesn't get you anything.

Edited by FOX-Inc.

It's not like everything is glitched, if you don't get it right away ;) What the 'problem' is, is indeed that you have to be the host for a match to count towards the achievement. It unlocked for me after 20, or maybe 21 or 22 matches, I didn't count them exactly. But I'm very sure that just joining a match doesn't get you anything.

did you host ranked matches?

No, you can play player matches and invite friends to the match (easy for blowing yourself up when boosting, for example). As long as you are the host and set up the match, it'll count towards the achievement for you.

Easiest way to boost it, is to host twenty-or-so matches and then switch to the next player for his turn to get the capture achievements :)

I don't know if that's fully true cause mine popped up after I joined a game with only 2 rounds left and got vet capturer after the win. I don't know why, but that's how I got mine. I didn't host more than 10 games due to the fact that not a lot of people are on and most of the time when people joined my game they would back out cause it was taking too long to get 4 people. I don't know how many games I officially played, but it was a lot. The leaderboard says 8 wins and 2 losses, but that is obviously not right.