Alethiometer Question Guide

Quito Santana

Yo just been completing golden compass and was using your guide for the Q's. Nice btw.

But yeh I found an answer you didnt have and thought you may wanna put it in the guide.

Alethiometer in my hand, who's the fairest in the land?

Symbols: ?, Griffin, Apple

The final answer for that is Bee.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone help me with this question:

The Showdown

Why does the Magisterium experiment on children?

Symbols: Baby, Walled Garden, Thunderbolt

It says in the guide that you will get this by completing the level but I didn't get it. Help please

Sorry, this is how I got mine. Try playing the level again, if there are deception mini-games make sure to not miss any parts of them.

And welcme to x360a, in future please don't make a new thread for this question. This is the correct place for it. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the Achievement after I answered the final 6 "Northern Lights" questions you unlock after beating the final level. Bam, Achievement unlocked.

I think the problem that 99% of people encounter is they don't finish the bonus objectives each level contains. They vary from level to level, but always check if you got the three extra rewards at the end of a level completion screen.

• 1 month later...
Your right you have to talk to the sailor 3 times and get SUCCESS 3 times!!! Then the question will unlock. And this question is required reson being; the question "how does the alethiometer work??" Doesn't count as one of the 48 questions....

thank you, just got my 1000 gs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
this hasnt been update in the guide. and i think it should be because its WRONG.

you need to zap the scientist guy with the electricity after you finish hiding under the table you get the documents from.

walk towards the panel where the button is wait for the guy to get next to the bed then press the button. a few seconds later the journal question will be added

Thank you, i was wondering what you had to do to get this!

• 1 month later...

for some readon I'm missing two svalbard questions:

What was the first creature King Ragnar Killed?

Symbols: Hourglass, Apple, ?

What did Mrs. Coulter promise King Ragnar when she visited Svalbard?

Symbols: Madonna, Candle, Sword

any ideas on how to get those? (I already finished the game once)

ah never mind. Those were the question you need to answer during the conversation with King Ragnar. APPARENTLY you have to replay that sequence...

Edited by Klister NL

• 2 months later...
How can this be a guide, it is half done. This needs to be pants partyed.

I agree...there are some errors in this guide.

For instance the second question on SHOWDOWN for sure needs to be changed. To get that you have to wait until the doctor is next to the table with the armor on it and then shock his ass.

• 3 weeks later...

The Showdown

3 Questions

Why does the Magisterium experiment on children?

Symbols: Baby, Walled Garden, Thunderbolt

Unlocked: Complete the level to obtain this question.

This Question is Unlocked not just by beating the level, But u have to not get in any evasion fight, therefor the two guys on the docks u just gnaw the rope of the fishnet, pretty simple, but the last guy in the armor room has to get shocked by the laser when he stands right next to it .

• 11 months later...

Thanks a lot, I'm sure this will help a lot with completing the game.

It's thanks to people like you, people like me have it so easy:woop:

Keep up the good work

Edit: I rejoiced too early, some solutions for getting the questions don't work so the guide isn't all that helpful.

Next time be sure you know exactly what you're doing when you make a guide, and not simply guess half the answers.

Edited by Atanatos

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...