Interception Record

bigmanbaker10

Well, I'm pretty sure this achievement ultimately hates me. I did a Hawaii @ USC, Freshmen, 15 minutes, sliders fixed. and since the simming wasn't working, i decided to play the whole thing by myself(2 hours total), I ended the game with 37, that's right. thirty, freaking, seven. interceptions. but not one player with 6, 3 with 5, 3 with 4, but no, not single one with 6. someone please help me make this easier... :(

This is what i did, get a second controller, play 5 minute quarters on heisman or all-conference difficulty, run 2 man under w/ the defense and select your corner before the snap and pull him way away from the receiver he is guarding (this allows your safety to easily be the one to cover him). w/ your offense controller pick hail mary everytime. drop back to pass and lob it to your receiver who is not covered and select him. move him out of the way and your safety will be moving over in his zone to have the easy pick (don't try to user pick it, if its on heisman or all-conference the CPU will make the pick almost guaranteed). i had a buddy do this with me and we had 6 picks in 7 tries with the free safety. Supersim to the end and you should have it. Another tip i used USC with their 99 rated D and played against army. hope this helps, any questions i would be happy to help. Also their is a great strategy guide that has already been posted. Good luck!

i just got this with 1 minute quarters...i had one control do prevent or fire thunder (on purdue under the 4-3 second page to the right) and i had my second controler run a slant with only one guy on the right side, then i would call a hot route for a streak....hike the ball then throw it to "X" and hit "b" to switch to him then i would just dive so he wouldnt be near the ball then i would pick up my other controller and hit "Y" to intercept it...it took me 1 quarter because i punted once i got the ball...lol

Ok, just got this achievement (by myself, with only one controller, since I just got my 360, I dont have a second yet), thank God, and heres what I did:

Start a play now game, Play as Georgia at home, opponent I picked was Hawaii. Why? Because they throw the ball alot. Obvious choice. Freshman difficulty, 15 minute quarters.

I picked the 3-4 defense, instead of the 4-3, and ran the play "Cover 3 Press" over and over, and put my DBs in press coverage (hit y, then left stick down).

If they punt the ball, I ran backwards in to my own end zone for a safety and gave them the ball back right away. If you get the ball after a pick, just punt it, ASAP. When possible, if you're close to the end zone, run it back for a pick 6. Just do whatever to speed up them having the ball again. Hawaii runs a few option plays and crap like that, but overall, they're just throwing it, and most often to the outside.

Also, fix the sliders in the obvious way, i.e. turn down all their offensive capabilities, so the QB throws a bunch of lame ducks. You might want to leave them a little pass blocking so you dont roll over the QB too much, but I didn't, and it was fine. Turn down deflections to 0, you want to catch the ball not deflect it.

I got the achievement with something like 8 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. After I got it, I turned on sim. At the time I turned on sim after the 6th INT by one of my CBs, the IP MLB had 5, and the other CB had 4. Also, right after that MLB got his 5th, he dropped the INT on the next play, that was awesome. Not. So I was gonna get it no matter what. The computer didn't get any more INTs on these players after I put on sim, but most likely because the 2nd team defense was put in. The CPU ended up with something like 30 INTs total.

I think the key to trying to do this achievement like this might be the play selection. I just stuck with this same play over and over so it was always the same guys in the same position. It helped that Hawaii loves to throw to the same places over and over. They never once tried to go long, but thats probably just because my DL was about to smash the QB every single play. I ended up with about 30 sacks too.

The only real mystery to all these shenanigans is how Rex Grossman got to play for the Warriors. *rimshot*

Enjoy

Edited by numb3r games

i used the 2 controller method here.

.....................................................................................................

first i would max out 1 cb on ANY team then i would start the game.

next i would pick a play on defense where i can have that 1 maxed out cb be the only person guarding the wr 1 on 1.

next i would change the play on the wr on the right to where he would just run straight out. (using the 2nd controller)

then i would make sure that my 1st controller (the one with the main profile u want the achievement for) is set to controll the cb

next i would snap the play and then wait a second then bomb the ball to the wr on the right which is guarded by my max cb.

next i would switch to the wr right after i threw the ball and just move the analog stick to where he would just sit there and do nothing.

now i use the controller controlling my cb and just press the Y button as he should already be on the spot where the ball is going to be and so there is an interception.

..................................................................................................

it took me about 3 game play minutes to get the interceptions needed for this acheivement, it unlocks right after the play is over when u get the 6th interception

Edited by Sniper07LHS

• 5 months later...

uh.... wow... stop using 2 controllers... its not that hard.. play defence, blitz alot, and always have controll of your FS. Do a good defence if you need it. Thing about it, more blitz... means less time to throw, and more throws off the back foot... meaning more lobs...

uh.... wow... stop using 2 controllers... its not that hard.. play defence, blitz alot, and always have controll of your FS. Do a good defence if you need it. Thing about it, more blitz... means less time to throw, and more throws off the back foot... meaning more lobs...

Not everyone can pick up and play a sports game. Don't be so mean. I know the game is pretty easy and so are the achievements but for some they may not be.

• 6 months later...
This is what i did, get a second controller, play 5 minute quarters on heisman or all-conference difficulty, run 2 man under w/ the defense and select your corner before the snap and pull him way away from the receiver he is guarding (this allows your safety to easily be the one to cover him). w/ your offense controller pick hail mary everytime. drop back to pass and lob it to your receiver who is not covered and select him. move him out of the way and your safety will be moving over in his zone to have the easy pick (don't try to user pick it, if its on heisman or all-conference the CPU will make the pick almost guaranteed). i had a buddy do this with me and we had 6 picks in 7 tries with the free safety. Supersim to the end and you should have it. Another tip i used USC with their 99 rated D and played against army. hope this helps, any questions i would be happy to help. Also their is a great strategy guide that has already been posted. Good luck!

By Far the best way. I got 6 INT's within 3 minutes of the first quarter doing this method. Thanks alot!

• 5 months later...

I just got it with 1 control using Georgia against Hawaii. Played on Normal, 15 minute quarters, Fatigue off and every time I got the ball I punted it right back to Hawaii. Got 6 picks with 1 player in the 3rd quarter and the achievement popped right away, no need to super sim.

• 4 months later...

It doesn't matter what team you pick. Just have the team you play put their slowest players at WR. Max out the stats for the 2 CB on the team you play with. Then take the 2nd controller hike and lightly tap x. The QB will loft a ball in the air and it will automatically get intercepted.

• 1 month later...

This is what worked for me. I used Florida vs. Army as my two teams and it worked like a charm.

• 1 month later...

I agree 110% play forreal

• 5 months later...

Perfect strategy man, worked like a charm! Thanks! :D