Mission Help

This may sound stupid but in SP for some reason i cant seem to get past the ICBM mission i get to the end where you have to destroy the last ICBM but it doesnt give me enough time to destroy it and if i trigger DFM it starts at a checkpoint where you just cant do anything. If someone couldd help it would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound stupid but in SP for some reason i cant seem to get past the ICBM mission i get to the end where you have to destroy the last ICBM but it doesnt give me enough time to destroy it and if i trigger DFM it starts at a checkpoint where you just cant do anything. If someone couldd help it would be greatly appreciated.

If you are talking about where you shoot down the cruise missile it did the dame to me. In this instance the DFM is glitchy when you get the right angle it gives you time. I almost threw my controller before finding out. I cant really explain how I did it but just keep trying.

Did you do it on hardest difficulty?

Can't really see how it can be done on hardest difficulty, accellerate and the flames of it burn you up, don't accellerate and it flies off. Missiles are useless they just blow up in the flames, and if you aim your cannon at it you drift into the flames and die. Pretty sure you can't actually possibly do this if you get to this point on hardest difficulty. Anyone managed to?

Nevermind just re-tried the whole mission. Don't use the B2 for the first bit it's shit and too unmaneuverable, stick to the B1 as I did the first time. Don't use the F22 it's too fast and rams itself right up the ICBMs arse and gets you killed. Use the SU35 and the 6xAAMs this combo puts you at the perfect range to kill it. AFAIK you have to go into DFM mode to be able to kill it so there's no option there. It's all about what you kit yourself out with at the start, use the F22 and the normal missiles or the QAAM missiles and I think it's perhaps just not even possible to do. Use the SU35 and the 6xAAMs and it's actually pretty easy. Pretty shitty that choice of aircraft at the start determines if you have to restart a whole mission from the beginning though.

• 7 months later...

Mission 5...the one right after "Spooky".

I tried playing this last night and within 2-3 min., Iwas shot down. So I tried again…same and then 2 more times. Same. It's like I can't get away or evade whoever it is behind me. And it must be two AI, since I have 2 targets following me. Frustrating. But I tried speeding up, turning, slowing down...nothing. I can't get away from them. /vent

• 1 year later...
Mission 5...the one right after "Spooky".

I tried playing this last night and within 2-3 min., Iwas shot down. So I tried again…same and then 2 more times. Same. It's like I can't get away or evade whoever it is behind me. And it must be two AI, since I have 2 targets following me. Frustrating. But I tried speeding up, turning, slowing down...nothing. I can't get away from them. /vent

you will need to spam the DFM throughout the mission. Also when missles lock onto you,decelerate until you see the two arrows in ur hud lineup,hold at that speed until your prompted to press LB and RB to dodge the missles