Known Glitches

ShaneForWax

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the many things underground. Usually happens when you're on a slope. Also, I had a radscorpion that wouldn't die. Eventually it died after I shot it in its front right claw. It was living and attacking with no health for quite a while. Also, like in FO3, I haven encountered the glitch of getting stuck in a corner.

Sometimes my gun will just no fire. I will hit the button and it wont fire then 3 seconds later the gun will fire faster to compensate.

People seem to be getting stuck in random places, when i first went to the saloon, a guy was stuck inside the bar. The same goes for enemies. Ive seen scorpions stuck face first in the ground.

I have gotten stuck in random locations and had to reload

Ive had the game freeze many times

Loading times are sometimes unbearable.

All and all, i dont mind these setbacks, i still really like this game.

I think the presence of glitches is substantially reduced if you install the game instead of just playing from the disk. I know that was true with Fallout 3. Besides the odd radscorpion getting stuck between a rock and a hill when chasing me (not complaining), I haven't really had any issues. Just a thought. I think the load times are reduced a bit too.

I'm not sure if it's just this one mod or all of them ...

But I recommend NOT putting any mods on the Classic Pack Weathered 10mm Pistol. I put a laser sight on it, and it totally broke the gun - it turned it into one of those huge exclamation points error things (people who played Fallout 3 might remember them from the broken version of the Pitt DLC).

A game like this is crawling with them

More like, it's an Obsidian game. Glitches are par for the course. Hopefully they finally managed to finish a game (historically Obsidian has never once completely finished a game that has their name on it. Most recently Alpha Protocol).

Note: I did buy the game, I'm only starting out.

During the "Come Fly With Me" quest, one of the optional parts hasn't completed regardless of how many times I go to the marker and complete the required steps. Pip Boy will still show it as incomplete.

I've also been attacked by a group of NCR troopers while roaming around in just a plain old jumpsuit and I'm neutral with them. No idea why they attacked me. I'm assuming it was a glitch as I ran and fast traveled, came back and they left me alone.

I couldnt fire my gun anymore and it would just fire by itself. And when I had a melee weapon it would keep going by itself without me pressing a button. I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive

I'm so pissed, 4 hours in and now I have to start over because I only had one save file and it autosaved. I'm debating waiting for a patch to come out because this game is broken and glitchy and thats even with the game being installed to my hard drive

Don't keep only one save file. You are allotted 100. You should use them all. Just in case.

Tons of suttering, fps issues everywhere, random npcs with very bad pathing, enemies randomly reset health, randomly getting one shotted on normal mode normal diff, character animations bugging out (holding the vermint weapon usually; the posistion of your hands and rifle climbs the screen temporarily, your hands and gun disappear for a second, animations dont animate but just teleport randomly).

Very, very buggy game but fun. Havent had a freeze up yet, thank god.