Easiest 70 Gold Medals

jayhawk4life0023

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chose the roof top approach you won't be able to play them.

Heh, wrong heist you're thinking of. The 3 cars are part of the Subtle approach as opposed to the Obvious approach. The Subtle approach, most people don't go with since it has less of a payout :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks! This list helped a lot with choosing which missions to try and get gold on. Got my 70 today. :)

I read on this forum that you didn't have to do the same goals if you already completed them just the ones you missed. Is this no longer the case and you must now do all goals in the mission to get gold?

No, you only have to do the objectives you are missing. So if you, for example, have to go for 10 headshots, 70% Accuracy and finish the mission in under 10 minutes, and on your playthrough you managed to get the 10 headshots, but failed the other two objectives, you only have to go for them. The already achieved objectives won't get reset. The only exceptions are the rampages, there you have to get all objectives in one try.

Just an FYI assuming you chose "The Third Way" for your ending, you can go back and play options A&B through mission replay they are automatic Golds because there the only thing you have to do to earn them is to complete the mission.

Same goes for the heists in case anyone was wondering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very helpful list, loading screens are killing my motivation for this achievement though. Whenever I beat a mission but don't get all the objectives it would be awesome if there was a retry option rather than having to go through all the loading screens again, pause the game, find the mission, then replay it again. Just annoying when I don't know until after beating the mission if I passed every objective

Very helpful list, loading screens are killing my motivation for this achievement though. Whenever I beat a mission but don't get all the objectives it would be awesome if there was a retry option rather than having to go through all the loading screens again, pause the game, find the mission, then replay it again. Just annoying when I don't know until after beating the mission if I passed every objective

Couldn't agree more! I just got my 70 Gold Medals 2 days ago and know what you mean! Found myself continually coming to this site during the load screens..

I have been avoiding this cheevo like the plague! I only had about 14 or so gold missions completed after beating the campaign. Just found out like 2 days ago that you only had to complete the missed challenges instead of having to get them all in one shot.

So today I sat down and just knocked out a crap ton! I finished the day with about 45 or so gold medals. Pretty good start I think. Hopefully I will get 70 in the next few days

I have been avoiding this cheevo like the plague! I only had about 14 or so gold missions completed after beating the campaign. Just found out like 2 days ago that you only had to complete the missed challenges instead of having to get them all in one shot.

So today I sat down and just knocked out a crap ton! I finished the day with about 45 or so gold medals. Pretty good start I think. Hopefully I will get 70 in the next few days

Very well done! I was similar, finished the single player with 11 gold medals:(

I chose to redo 5 or 10 a day, but made sure to leave the 5 easiest ones until last. In the end it was actually pretty simple, just the load times will get to you. I recommend anyone thinking about the achievement, but putting it off, to give it a shot!

WOOHOO! Got this last night! Weird thing was I counted my gold medals, I had 70 gold medals, but no cheevo. I decided to do one more mission ( the one where Franklin has to rescue Micheal from the Chinese in the meat factory ). I obtained a silver medal for the mission, but upon completion, the cheevo popped for me!