Consumed Or Succumbed - Thoughts On The Darkness II

The Dark In The Light

I think both games are good but I think I liked the Darkness 2 a little more. Firstly, I think both games have elements that make them great and did better than eachother. The Darkness 2 had a huge upgrade with the visuals, I think the art style they used really looked great (it didnt always look wonderful but still a big upgrade from the first). The controls and gameplay in general were much better than the first, things seem to be much more fluid and it made combat much more enjoyable, fast paced, and intense. It was disappointing to lose the voice actors from the first game but the people that took there place did a great job, for the most part. It was also a great addition to have a talent tree along with some news powers and skills.

The first game was just about as long as the second but the first game made you walk around and figure out where you were going (which kinda sucks when you go from one train station to the next). I also really liked creeping dark in the first game so it kinda sucked to see it go in the 2nd. I still think the darkling system needs to be refined a little more. There needs to be a mix of the two in the next installment.

The first Darkness had a much more creepy story and the 2nd was a good continuation. But its hard to say which game is better, they both deviated from the comic books and can be a little confusing at times. In conclusion, they are both great games, if you havent played them yet you should do so! I am looking forward to Darkness 3.