Legendary Skills?

bigbear.

When the update hits xbox live, I plan on changing to Legendary difficulty and Lengendary all my skills at once.

I figure this will gimp my inventory/damage potential to about 1/3 what it is now and also double the strength/hp of all enemies.

Should be a decent challenge. already beat the main quests and all DLC, but still have several side-quests to mop up and many locations I never cleared.

I like the idea of being able to begin leveling up again.. a main driving force for role playing games for me is the character progression, which has been at a stand-still since I hit 81.5.. Good thing the story and world is so damn immersive.

Now that every (s)kill counts again, I can just run around in the woods murdering things til my hearts content. Wonder how long it will take to get to lvl 250?

I hope the enemies continue to continue to level up otherwise it will be 1 swing of sword and next....

No it won't. Making your skills Legendary won't increase the damage you do. When you level it back to 100, it will be the same as it was when you first hit 100, with the exception of having more perks available. Damage dealt is directly related to skill level and certain perks, not which level you are.

Unless you have one of those ridiculous "God" weapons. Then it wouldn't matter what level you or enemies are anyway.

Legendary difficulty is for the people that are tired of killing things easily on Master. It probably won't be all that different, just the usual increase in enemy health and damage.

The only thing that makes this strange is that if you reset a skill to 15 , and want to take it back to 100, would this even be possible if there are no quests left. I mean there are not many quests when you have completed almost all content in game.

Beating up legendary dragons to gain XP is not fun any more at high level.

Also if you reset lets say your heavy armor skill to 15 does that mean you no longer have any of the perks. So your 350 Armor drops back to 150 or what ever it was before the increases.

I would personally find that boring hitting the same cave for the 5th time just to gain skills. The main bosses don't respawn to the best of my knowledge.

Since I have racked up close to 700 hours thru 5 or more characters and on both PS3 and X-Box, doing the same cave another time just for points , seems pointless. (Maybe I should install the PC version to finally start that so can say that I played all platforms)

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Skyrim (why else 700+ hours) , but it needs to have new content, which I understand is coming....

I hope the enemies continue to continue to level up otherwise it will be 1 swing of sword and next....

If you can reset a skill more then once (which I doubt) then the solution would be to just reset smithing and enchantment over and over again. Those are easy to level from 15-100 quickly if you know what you are doing. If you can reset those over and over again (again I think it is unlikely that you will be able to do this) then you could do that to get every single perk in the game relatively quickly without ever having to grind out combat.

If you can reset a skill more then once (which I doubt) then the solution would be to just reset smithing and enchantment over and over again. Those are easy to level from 15-100 quickly if you know what you are doing. If you can reset those over and over again (again I think it is unlikely that you will be able to do this) then you could do that to get every single perk in the game relatively quickly without ever having to grind out combat.

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/legendary.jpg

Note the Prestige # next to the Legendary symbol underneath each skill. You can Legendary skills multiple times to progressively build extra character xp and extra skill points as your character levels up.

Which is cool because we can continue to 'prestige' the skills used regularly and also have a continued source of experience, without having to go out of the way for certain skills we don't use.

However, you could grind the various easy trees, by all means that option is open to you and could theoretically gain all the extra skill points you need this way if you so choose

Note the Prestige # next to the Legendary symbol underneath each skill. You can Legendary skills multiple times to progressively build extra character xp and extra skill points as your character levels up.

Which is cool because we can continue to 'prestige' the skills used regularly and also have a continued source of experience, without having to go out of the way for certain skills we don't use.

However, you could grind the various easy trees, by all means that option is open to you and could theoretically gain all the extra skill points you need this way if you so choose

Interesting...I'm torn as to whether I want to "prestige" stuff or just quickly use the easy stuff to just get all the skill points I need.

I know in the patch notes it said that once you place an unread Infinium on a bookshelf, you can no longer use it.

My question is.....if you have multiple copies of the book, can you use each copy to advance skills or not?

If so (and you want to do it the cheap way), just make multiple copies of the book before the patch arrives.

I think the Legendary skills will be interesting, I'm getting tired of only being able to go to Level 81. Not nearly enough skill perks to max out the skills I use all the time.

I know in the patch notes it said that once you place an unread Infinium on a bookshelf, you can no longer use it.

My question is.....if you have multiple copies of the book, can you use each copy to advance skills or not?

If so (and you want to do it the cheap way), just make multiple copies of the book before the patch arrives.

Possibly, post-patch duplicate items continued to exist in Oblivion.

Would you kindly PM the procedure for glitching duplicates of the Oghma? I really don't feel like investing 100+ hours to get back to Level 60 something.

P.S. my MU recently got corrupted, I lost EVERYTHING! :p

Possibly, post-patch duplicate items continued to exist in Oblivion.

Would you kindly PM the procedure for glitching duplicates of the Oghma? I really don't feel like investing 100+ hours to get back to Level 60 something.

P.S. my MU recently got corrupted, I lost EVERYTHING! :p

Yes, PM that to me too please.

I've not heard of anything like that on the Xbox 360.

Hey, would you be able to buy training off people in the game again once you go legendary... I think it's like 5 times each person or something? Also if you really wanted to cheat you could download the update , go legendary then go off line and delete your cache . Then simply redo the book glitch again till you up all skills to 100. I would not as it spoils the game but I know some people like this :uzi:

This is an old post from after the game came out, but I just used this the other day and it still works (for now).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343534

This is how to use the Oghma for leveling up. I'll give credit to the creators of this video, it helped with all my characters so far.

As far as duplicating the Oghma.....it's the same trick you use to duplicate any book. Just do a search for it on this site or Google or whatever your choice of search engine. Should be easy enough to find. I just did it yesterday, so I know that it still works.

I should include, if you want to level up your Speech skill fast.....

Find Ungrien in the Black Briar Meadery in Riften. You can use a persuade glitch to have him repeatedly tell the truth about Maven Black Briar, to advance your speech skill as high as you like.

This will help this skill if you want to just Legendary a particular one.