Achievement Guide, Roadmap, Walkthrough

The Droog

Roadmap

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

Estimated time for 1000: 3 - 4 hours (autoskipping dialogue)

Minimum playthroughs: 5 full + 2 partial playthroughs for Extra, 1 full + 10 partial playthroughs for Unlimited

Missable achievements: None

Glitched achievements: None

Offline: 16 (1000)

Online: 0 (0)

Cheats disable achievements: No cheats

Introduction:

Muv-Luv is actually two visual novels consisting of Extra and its pseudo-sequel Unlimited. Extra appears to be a fairly typical visual novel scenario with the player taking on the role of Takeru, a typical Japanese high-schooler who's completely unaware that his childhood friend Sumika is in love with him. One day he wakes up to find a strange girl in his bed, Meiya. She's the heiress to a large corporation and has designs on marrying Takeru, a fact that Sumika is not too pleased about. Unlimited takes place immediately after the events of Extra but with a sudden, serious and dark twist; Takeru wakes up to find himself in an alternate dimension where an alien race named the BETA have invaded Earth and killed off over 80% of the population. Meiya and Takeru's other female classmates are now military cadets in training and Sumika doesn't appear to exist in this dimension.

Set-up:

Both games are quite short but you're going to have to play through Extra from the start 5 times at least to get all 7 different endings. Unlimited only needs to be played through the once in full but you're going to want to save near the end so that you can reload and quickly do the other 10 endings. Don't worry, I'll tell you when.

If you're here just for the achievements then there's good news and bad news. The good news is that there is a fast skip option, the bad news is that you have to keep holding down the right trigger to keep it activated. During your later partial playthroughs, you could use auto skip (toggled on/off by right bumper) but IMO it runs the game slower compared to holding right trigger. In addition, auto skip will stop whenever it hits a new piece of dialog that it hasn't seen before (e.g. everytime you choose new dialogue options for the later walkthroughs) so fast skip is still a better choice if you ask me. Finally on this subject, there are a few scenes that the game doesn't allow you to skip regardless of auto/fast skip, you're just going to have to sit back and enjoy the Japanese voice acting there.

IMPORTANT: Whenever you finish/quit the game, be sure to save your system data by choosing the left hand option everytime it asks you a question. The achievements only unlock when the system data is saved and the game returns you to the title screen.

Walkthrough 1 - Kagami Sumika (鑑純夏)

あのクソ犬許すまじ!

ってそうじゃなくて!

純夏

掃除をする

純夏の弁当を食べる

帰る

前進

移動を続ける

この距離を保ち続ける

純夏!

純夏の弁当を食べる

弓道場に行く

純夏の弁当を食べる

純夏だな

純夏

付き合う

考えさせてもらう

一緒に帰る

いいえ

引き受けない

純夏頑張れよ

屋上に行く

[save Slot 1]

純夏達に付き合う

純夏

やっぱ純夏だろ

車に乗る

放課後まで待つ

[save Slot 2]

純夏のでもいいか……

歩いて帰ろう

似合って……んじゃねーかな?

ゲーム

純夏の隣

いや、いい

You've now completed the game and got Sumika's EXTRA ending. But let's go back and get two "Everyday" ending achievements quickly.

Everyday Ending 1

[Load Slot 2]

何もしない

That was fast. Next...

Everyday Ending 2

[Load Slot 1]

たまと帰る

壬姫

たまが心配だ

たまの家へ行く

Walkthrough 2 - Mitsurugi Meiya (御剣冥夜)

From the title menu, choose New Game.

楽しかったかな

満干全席1人前プリーズ!

冥夜

掃除をする

冥夜の弁当を食べる

帰る

前進

移動を続ける

この距離を保ち続ける

冥夜頼む

冥夜の弁当を食べる

運動場に行く

冥夜の弁当を食べる

冥夜だな

冥夜

それはできない

考えさせてもらう

ひとりで考えたいことがある

はい

引き受けない

接近戦だ

屋上に行く

純夏達に付き合う

冥夜

冥夜だな

車に乗る

放課後まで待つ

対策を考える

冥夜の言う通り、自分でやるかあ……

車に乗ろう

中身以外は綺麗だな

ぬいぐるみ

冥夜の隣

聞きたい

At the completion of Meiya's storyline, you should now unlock Unlimited mode. Unlimited can now be selected as an option when New Game from the title menu is started. We still have 3 more Extra playthroughs first though.

Walkthrough - Tamase Miki (珠瀬壬姫)

From the title menu, choose New Game and choose Extra.

楽しかったかな

ってそうじゃなくて!

大ダッシュ

一応学食行ってみる?

逃げる

学校裏手

逃亡する

物理準備室

学校裏手に行く

前進

移動を続ける

この距離を保ち続ける

たまでも何とか……

たまを追いかける

弓道場に行く

たまの弁当を食べる

たまだな

たま

それはできない

考えさせてもらう

ひとりで考えたいことがある

いいえ

引き受けない

遠距離戦だ

屋上に行く

たまと帰る

壬姫

たまが心配だ

たまの家へ行く

一緒に頑張ろうぜ!

思い切って声をかけよう

Walkthrough - Ayamine Kei (彩峰慧)

楽しかったかな

ってそうじゃなくて!

大ダッシュ

屋上でも行くか?

逃げる

帰る

逃亡する

屋上

帰る

前進

移動を続ける

この距離を保ち続ける

ここは一発彩峰に……

両方食べる

屋上

弓道場に行く

冥夜の弁当を食べる

彩峰だな

彩峰

それはできない

考えさせてもらう

ひとりで考えたいことがある

いいえ

引き受ける

遠距離戦だ

屋上に行く

先に帰ってていいぞ

彩峰の後を追いかける

彩峰

委員長と彩峰に決まってる!

彩峰に追いつく

彩峰を探しに行く

何もしない

やる

We're nearly done with Extra now!

Walkthrough - Sakaki Chizuru (榊千鶴)

楽しかったかな

ってそうじゃなくて!

大ダッシュ

一応学食行ってみる?

掃除をする

逃亡する

中庭

ブラブラする

前進

移動を続ける

この距離を保ち続ける

ここは一発彩峰に……

両方食べる

中庭

運動場に行く

冥夜の弁当を食べる

委員長だな

委員長

それはできない

引き受ける

ひとりで考えたいことがある

いいえ

純夏頑張れよ

物理準備室に行く

先に帰ってていいぞ

委員長と帰る

千鶴

委員長と彩峰に決まってる!

榊を送る

委員長を呼ぶ

何もしない

言えない

We're now done with Extra so let's tackle Unlimited in the next post.

Edited by The Droog
Edited for clarity

Walkthrough 1a - Normal Ending for Mitsurugi Meiya (御剣冥夜)

From the title menu, choose New Game and finally choose Unlimited. Prepare yourself.

左肘を引き締め~~

とりゃっ!

み、認めざるを……

死ねない

敵に刀が通用しない

弾数が関係ない武器だから

おはじき

よおし、彩峰勝負だ

とにかく意地でも死んでもああもうごまかし通せ!!!!!

ただのバッテリー切れだ

そうなんだけど……

素直に従う

ロープを回収する

水筒を回収する

衛士の根性

委員長、大丈夫か?

たま~~生きてるか~~?

美琴に借りるか……

壕を進む

委員長

[save Slot 3]

冥夜とのことだよなー

[save Slot 4]

わかった

That's Meiya's normal ending out of the way, now let's go back and get her good ending. It's literally as easily as reloading the last save and choosing the other option!

Walkthrough 1b - Good Ending for Mitsurugi Meiya (御剣冥夜)

[Load Slot 4]

生きていてくれ

There's now an unskippable cutscene, try and enjoy it, you're going to see 4 variants before we're done!

Walkthrough 2a - Normal Ending for Sakaki Chizuru (榊千鶴)

[Load Slot 3]

やっぱ委員長のことだろ?

このまま帰ろう

[save Slot 5]

わかった

Walkthrough 2b - Good Ending for Sakaki Chizuru (榊千鶴)

[Load Slot 5]

生きていてくれ

Walkthrough 3a - Normal Ending for Ayamine Kei (彩峰慧)

[Load Slot 3]

彩峰のことに尽きる

このまま帰ろう

[save Slot 6]

わかった

Walkthrough 3b - Good Ending for Ayamine Kei (彩峰慧)

[Load Slot 6]

生きていてくれ

Walkthrough 4a - Normal Ending for Tamase Miki (珠瀬壬姫)

[Load Slot 3]

たま……だな、やっぱり

このまま帰ろう

[save Slot 7]

わかった

Walkthrough 4b - Good Ending for Tamase Miki (珠瀬壬姫)

[Load Slot 7]

生きていてくれ

Walkthrough 5a - Normal Ending for Yoroi Mikoto (鎧衣尊人)

[Load Slot 3]

……美琴だな

このまま帰ろう

[save Slot 8]

わかった

Walkthrough 5b - Good Ending for Yoroi Mikoto (鎧衣尊人)

[Load Slot 8]

生きていてくれ

Nearly done now! We now have one last hidden ending to do. You may have noticed that after we completed Unlimited for the first time that a new scene with a dialogue choice opened up on Christmas Eve - I've been making you choose the same option every time so far but this is the key for our final ending.

Walkthrough 6 - Kouzuki Yuuko (香月夕呼)

[Load Slot 3]

Choose anything you like for the first dialogue option, it makes no difference.

このままじゃ帰れない

Even Physics teachers need love too, it seems.

We have one last achievement to get so go back to the title screen and main menu. Choose Premiere (プレミア) and then choose the final option, 警告劇場. Watch this last scenario through to the end and enjoy your final 100G to complete this game!

Edited by The Droog
Added the walkthroughs :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide, thanks for taking the time to do this! :)

Here are a few notes from my experience:

#1 In Walkthrough1 of Extra, there is one decision missing, its probably between line 5-10.

#2 In Walkthrough1a of Unlimited, again there is one decision missing near the beginning.

#3 In Walkthrough1a of Unlimited, there are 5 options missing right before the Save3 slot. I believe you just have to visit each of the 5 girls and it is only asking you what order to visit them because each time its the same list minus the one you picked.

When I was in doubt, i believe i just picked the top option each time and i didn't run into any issues. Last but not least, I clocked about 5 hours.

Thanks again!

Edited by PeRFeCK

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got them now, I realised that for one of the missing options that I needed to select choice 2 and not choice 1 which people are saying to do here. Mostly, this seems to be correct, with the exception of a single choice. Here is a walkthrough up until the point where my achievements unlocked, it is a modification of the original in the original post. Hopefully it will help those who were missing achievements like me. As a note, on the "Extra" playthrough, with the missing choice I selected choice 1 and it worked fine for me. The following is for Unlimited:

Walkthrough 1a - Normal Ending for Mitsurugi Meiya (御剣冥夜)

From the title menu, choose New Game and finally choose Unlimited. Prepare yourself.

1 左肘を引き締め~~

1 とりゃっ!

1 MISSING FROM GUIDE

1 み、認めざるを……

2 死ねない

2 敵に刀が通用しない

1 弾数が関係ない武器だから

1 おはじき

2 よおし、彩峰勝負だ

5 とにかく意地でも死んでもああもうごまかし通せ!!!!!

1 ただのバッテリー切れだ

1 そうなんだけど……

1 素直に従う

1 ロープを回収する

1 水筒を回収する

1 衛士の根性

1 委員長、大丈夫か?

1 たま~~生きてるか~~?

5 美琴に借りるか……

2 壕を進む

1 委員長

1 MISSING FROM GUIDE

1 MISSING FROM GUIDE

1 MISSING FROM GUIDE

1 MISSING FROM GUIDE

[save Slot 3]

3 冥夜とのことだよなー

2 MISSING FROM GUIDE

[save Slot 4]

1 わかった

That's Meiya's normal ending out of the way, now let's go back and get her good ending. It's literally as easily as reloading the last save and choosing the other option!

[Load Slot 4]

2 生きていてくれ

There's now an unskippable cutscene, try and enjoy it, you're going to see 4 variants before we're done!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[save Slot 3]

3 冥夜とのことだよなー

2 MISSING FROM GUIDE

[save Slot 4]

1 わかった

[Load Slot 4]

2 生きていてくれ

I just needed to redo this part, lucky guess on my part that I only needed to do this part. Thanks guys, I completed it thanks to the op and SetoChaos

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.