A Guide to the Best Weapons and Armor (Includes "God" Armor)

Method

Amazing guide, but does this work for the PC version also?

I've followed this guide step-by-step, but I end up with different percentages and I can never go higher than 28% for making fortify enchanting potions. Also, ended up making legendary armor with high negative numbers.

Edited by DrLoveBunny

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to work in the version. However, it can do some weird things. For example, all my potions are now +3000% no matter what I wear.

It is very easy to break the game with this. I would recommend keep potions between 5000 and 15000%.

I love one-shooting dragons and watch them to a nose-dive.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So this is my first post to a forum ever. I wanted to first comment that the guide is great. I did skip the weapon and armor improvements. Instead, i am using enchantments to boost my armor and weapons. I am running into a small problem. I got my ring, necklace, boots and armor to enchant using a fortify enchanting potion that gives 649462%. But when i try to enchant my scaled bracers with carry weight and fortify one handed attack, i am not permitted. Does anyone know why i was able to enchant the other four yet the one with the scaled bracers doesn't work?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Anyone know if this method still works in the new special edition on XB1? I started the alchemy leveling last night and it's going slowly, but I think I need to stock up on ingredients a few times before creating (rather than buying, making potions, wait 48 hours, repeat).

Anyone know if this method still works in the new special edition on XB1? I started the alchemy leveling last night and it's going slowly, but I think I need to stock up on ingredients a few times before creating (rather than buying, making potions, wait 48 hours, repeat).

I don't see why not. Only problem being this guide is very involved and intense. I spent about 25-30 hours to get my God weapons. In the XB1 version you can't speed up the wait timer so I would seriously think it would take 35-45 hours now.

• 1 month later...

I just got the X1 version of Skyrim yesterday and came right to this thread to get my GOD armor right off the bat. It took about 12 hours to do the Alchemy skill @100 portion. I did not do the wood chopping part, I had ~ $1,400 to start the process and that was fine for me. When I finished I had about $45,000 and a bunch of unsold potions in my inventory to sell later.

I started the enchantment and smithing portion afterward and played for about 2 more hours and my enchanting is in the mid 60's and smithing is in the mid 50's. These go much faster :D

I will update/edit this post when all 3 skills are at 100 so you can see roughly how long it took me and I am guessing that it will take you about the same amount of time.

Edit:

I played for an additional 2.5 hours and got my smithing to 73 and enchanting to 100. Smithing moves slower then Enchanting and I think it will take another 3-5 hours (depending on restock luck) to finish. I am going to make an interim set of armor now and start playing the game; even if I pushed to Smithing 100 now I still wouldn’t have any dragon materials to make armor with.

In summation I spent ~17 hours getting alchemy and enchanting to level 100 and smithing to level 73. I have about $95,000 in gold as well.

Edit No.2:

On a side note... you don't need to worry about your smithing level when doing this. I made a crafting/smithing ring after the restoration potions step and went to the armor bench to improve my glass armor legendary and when I did my smithing level went from 73 to 100 in one jump.

So that made me curious I reset my smithing skill to 15 by making it legendary. It only took 2 pieces of armor to improve to get the skill back to 100.

Edited by Pandoras Virus

• 4 years later...
On 11/13/2021 at 3:26 AM, Adamsy said:

Anyomne know if this works for the new anniversary edition?

Yes, it definitely should. Anniversary edition is just the repackaged special edition, which it does work for. 

Edited by Necrophage33