Sync Bar and Disciple of the Creed

Skillet

Since so many people seem to have problems with this... I thought I'd post a quick rundown of the Disciple of the creed achievement for "Killing all Assassination Targets with a full DNA Bar".

Thanks to Fizzmatix for the images.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/guides/659-dna1.jpg

The bar circled with red is the Sync Bar. It does not matter. It's just your health bar.

Now for picture number two...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/guides/659-dna2.jpg

This screen is the pause screen. The DNA bar circled in red is what actually matters. There is a strand for each mission or target... however you want to divide them up. The strands each have 10 sections. The white sections are all mission associated. The blue sections are for scaling all of the high points in that section of town or saving all civilians in that section of town.

The white sections each represent a certain part of the mission. As you complete the interrogation, pickpocketing and eavesdropping missions, a section will be colored white. When you have both of the blue sections and the first 6 white sections colored in, you will have two white sections left. The first is for talking to the guys in each town who give you the missions (Rafik, Malak, etc) and getting your assassination feather. The last white section is for killing the target and completing your mission.

As long as you make sure you have both blue sections and the first six white sections of the DNA BAR filled in BEFORE you collect your feather and assassinate your target, you will earn your achievement. The Sync Bar has nothing to do with it.

As a side note... this achievement is known to be glitched... usually resulting in unlocking the achievement much earlier than you should. You shouldn't have any problems with the achievement not unlocking unless you skip a mission and don't have a full DNA bar.

As a second side note... if you miss one section in a DNA strand and don't unlock your achievement at the end of the game, you can re-play that memory block, complete all investigations/high points/save civilians and upon completion of the assassination, your achievement should unlock.

Hope this helps anybody with questions regarding this achievement.

Edited by Skillet

Great idea Skillet, and the pics are actually pretty good (since you said they and your TV suck). Cheers. :drunk

Edit: You may want to just add that should you miss a mission doing this, you can replay the memory block to get that mission if the achievement doesn't unlock without it, there was a new thread about that yesterday that I replied to, may help to cut out another thread or two.

Edited by Stewie Griffin2

Great idea Skillet, and the pics are actually pretty good (since you said they and your TV suck). Cheers. :drunk

Edit: You may want to just add that should you miss a mission doing this, you can replay the memory block to get that mission if the achievement doesn't unlock without it, there was a new thread about that yesterday that I replied to, may help to cut out another thread or two.

Added. Thanks about the pics. Sitting in a completely dark room and turning off the flash ftw. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone clarify on memory block 3 the DNA Bar includes all view points, save citizens etc. from both Acre AND Jersuleam. Do I have to do both?

IE: Do all in one, head to the other do them all their and then make my assassination?

Or can I just do all the bits for one city and make my assassination?? Plz help because I'm about up this bit and afraid to carry on!!

You have to complete the assassination for both cities before you can continue to the next memory block.

So, if you complete them one at a time, you'll have one full section filled while the other is completely empty. Just like in the second picture.

So, to answer your question... no, you don't have to complete both cities before assassinating a target.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG just finsihed it and didnt get the achievement, i had the guide up and made sure i did everything, so i got super pissed and came to check for even the tiniest detail. i didnt realise you had to fill the DNA bar before the getting the feather DAMN IT, oh well another play through for me

• 1 month later...
OMG just finsihed it and didnt get the achievement, i had the guide up and made sure i did everything, so i got super pissed and came to check for even the tiniest detail. i didnt realise you had to fill the DNA bar before the getting the feather DAMN IT, oh well another play through for me

Please tell me "Feather" isn't a spoiler? Working on my third assassination.....

Can this be done after you beat the game or does it have to be done before?

Seems I completely missed all of them up to my 6th assassination & I guess I will be doing those all over again.

:uzi:Assassin's Creed

• 2 weeks later...

just finished the game.

got the achievement, although i hated those informant quests and skipped 4 of them. after i did this, i thought i could as well start the last assassination after 3 investigations. overall i missed at least 5 sidequests and still got the achievement :Bounce:

As I believe I clearly mentioned in the first post, the achievement is glitched in the fact that some people receive it before finishing the game.

But if you don't earn the achievement by the time the credits role, you've missed something.

I'm sure Ubisoft knew of this glitch and couldn't be arsed to fix it as long as everyone could earn it in one way or another. As long as it's attainable, it's fine.

Hence, the whole point of this thread. Hope that clears things up even more... <_<

So uh, I'm on the last assassination in Jerusalem, and there's an extra DNA strand (I have 3 black strands after doing all the side quest stuff instead of 2). God I hope it's just some story related crap, because there's nothing left on the map indicating another side quest. I guess if I don't get it I can just redo that memory block.

Now I understand what means 'Full DNA Bar' but how about 'Assassinate'?

Do I have:

1) just to kill my target (no matter how);

2) or do I have to assassinate him within one hit?

Havn't you read the achivement info? it says that you MUST assasinate your targets with a one-hit kill, but if you do it low or high profile doesnt matter..

"Again, this achievement really only requires awareness and patience. You need to assassinate every target with a full DNA bar, not just kill them in open combat. Make sure every assassination is a one-hit kill with your hidden blade. This doesn't mean that every assassination must be a low-profile hidden-blade attack though. Holding down for a hidden-blade strike for a high-profile assassination will still score this achievement."

Havn't you read the achivement info? it says that you MUST assasinate your targets with a one-hit kill, but if you do it low or high profile doesnt matter..

"Again, this achievement really only requires awareness and patience. You need to assassinate every target with a full DNA bar, not just kill them in open combat. Make sure every assassination is a one-hit kill with your hidden blade. This doesn't mean that every assassination must be a low-profile hidden-blade attack though. Holding down for a hidden-blade strike for a high-profile assassination will still score this achievement."

Not really true. There were several targets in my first run through that I actually fought. I can't remember names well but I know I fought the guy in Jerusalem who's holding public executions "because he can".

I also fought that William guy that talks to Richard before you assassinate him. And I fought the guy on the boat at the docks in Acre. The one wearing the horned helmet.

lol I also fought the first guy in Damascus. Tamir? I lost track of him and accidentally bumped into him after the cutscene.

Still got my achievement the first time through.