Is this worth buying

loganm223

I just got it too cheap as hell, and it's a bit clunky compared to CoD or Halo, or a number of other FPS games.

My main gripe with the game is the shitty health pack system. Not only is it a dated gameplay mechanic, this game makes you defenseless while applying it with a stupid animation.

You could certainly waste that money on worse cheap ass games though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished the story and I enjoyed it a lot.

For less than $10 this is a bargain and I fully recommend it at that price!

Achievement wise the full 1000 is easily achievable although due to the limited number of maps the mp starts to get a bit tedious after a while. But its still active enough so that there is always a game to join in the evenings.

If you like Bioshock you will like this game. The similarities between the TMD and Plasmids as well as audio diaries are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to comparing the two. The multiplayer is a barren wasteland. I tried to play this game a few weeks after launch online and it was 15-20 mins for a match. If you want to 100% the cheevos then stay away.

• 5 weeks later...

^^Agree with that^^

I just didn't like Bioshock. Found it boring boring boring. Same with this. It's just boring. And the health pack system? What is this... 1997? :rolleyes: It plays okay, it looks okay, but it's just dull. I liken it to the Wolfenstein reboot. It played good, looked good, but was just boring. The whole "time/dimension" shift thing felt tacked on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm only part of the way through the campaign right now, but it's the most fun I've had in quite a while. I'm surprised at the low reviews, as I would definitely give it an "A". I didn't like Bioshock and I never played Bioshock 2, and despite the similarities, I think this is a much better game. It also has some elements that remind me a lot of Half-Life 2. If you like HL2, then you'll probably like this. Either way, it's definitely worth a low price. I picked it up for about $15, and it's well worth it.

tl;dr - If it's cheap, buy it!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Late to post, I know.. but I'd definitely recommend the game. I just got it on sale and have been loving it. Oddly enough I first tried multiplayer today and there was a good community playing and got quite a few achievements. I turn it off and go back the same day and can't find more than 3 others.

As for the person who didn't like Bioshock. Check it out.. I didn't care for either Bioshock myself either and like Singularity much much more than those. I was thinking of returning the game within a week for a rental charge but have enjoyed it so much I think I may just keep it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

i got the game for 6 bucks new at toys r us. liking it so far i wouldnt say the time manipulation is new cause time shift was made before this game and before that there was time splinter but i do like the weapon physics. very good game though i like how on hard at the earlier stages of the game you feel helpless like in condmned criminal origins. i wouldnt say its clunky cause the gameplay and graphics are more smoother then cod by far. i like the scary enimies they make the splicers from bioshock look like baby dolls. intresting concept so far and i enjoy the bioshock influence in the game. i dont consider the game to be a ripoff. wish i could say the same about prince of persia cartoonish one i got for same price at same place lol. ugggh gonna hate the 1k journey in that one.

• 6 months later...