Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

Nope! Not at all what I was saying. I just was wondering about the rules. I am happy to have this up to do a little "research" before the game comes. :)

Okay, I wasn't sure what you meant about it. Really the achievements are so straight forward that it barely even needs a guide!

Nah, leave it until someone with a fancy badge says take it down.

If you're right, then you already laid the ground work down for doing this early, and if you're wrong, lol. At the very least the speculation is a lot healthier than say, ME3's ending.

Also, I can list what suits I've seen thus far.

Arctic Survival Suit (Isaac and Carver)

Extra Vehicular Suit (Isaac only?)

Legionary Suit (Name referenced off Facebook released concept art matched with

)

Special Forces Suit (Carver only?))

Advanced Suit (Possible reward for beating DS2?)

Witness Suit (Reskinned Arctic Survival from LE/Dev Pre-order)

First Contact Suit (Reskinned EVA Suit from LE/Dev Pre-order)

Judging from the LE Ad shown, I'm assuming that Carver and Isaac will be able to wear the same kind of DLC suits as opposed to different variations. As you can see, I'm speculating here.

Someone with a fancy badge? I'm not worried about that. I am the police you mention I think?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to have it setup ahead of time anyway to save yourself from having to type out the easy achievements once the game launches, you might as well post it. I know it's sometimes what I do (the pre-writing part), and I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to post something like this, especially for people who are new to Dead Space and don't really know what to expect from the achievements that are pretty similar to the ones in the last one.

I like most people on here really appreciate your guides and hard work. I'm glad to see such extensive early ground work already laid out but in the option of fairness, I think the next time someone else does a early guide they should be cut slack too...As long as its good.

In no way am I complaining or suggesting anything is wrong but anyone who has been here long enough knows people used to catch major hate for this.

Great job nonetheless.

I think the next time someone else does a early guide they should be cut slack too...As long as its good.

My exact opinion. If it's good, who cares if it's early? Right? It's not stopping others from making one, although it may be pointless at that point if the first one is really that good.

Personally, any guide that I would post early would be good enough.

Not trying to gloat or anything. Just sayin.' :p

The old save system with save stations is gone because of the addition of co-op.

It is checkpoints now. That means for hardcore, if you die it is back to the beginning.

Not necessarily, see the reply below...

I was going to bring up the previous DS demo's not having save stations either, but you're right.

Wow.

Ahem... Demo. Doesn't mean it won't be there in the full game. It's possible it will just say to the co-op partner "please wait while the host saves progress."

Since it's a demo, it's not going to let you save. What demos have savegames? Only one I remember was the GoW3 Beta and there was one other. The majority of demos don't.

Don't be negative.

It has already been confirmed on NeoGAF by codecow who is a developer from Visceral games. The game will not have save stations like the other two DS games and instead will use a checkpoint based save system. As can be seen in the demo, it actually tells you when it saves.

What does Hardcore mode bring to the table this time? We actually don't know. He also said that Hardcore will be "different this time".

Whatever that means.

Edited by Lima

It has already been confirmed on NeoGAF by codecow who is a developer from Visceral games. The game will not have save stations like the other two DS games and instead will use a checkpoint based save system. As can be seen in the demo, it actually tells you when it saves.

What does Hardcore mode bring to the table this time? We actually don't know. He also said that Hardcore will be "different this time".

Whatever that means.

I don't remember seeing it saving in the demo, but anyway, my point is still valid. Just because they take out save stations DOES NOT mean that Hardcore will have NO checkpoints. Hell, maybe there are three pre-determined save points that you don't have to worry about. Kinda dumb, but still.

That makes me think, since it's called Aren't You Thankful?, they have to be doing something for the better. Still, confusing wording there. Am I thankful for said change, or am I thankful I just unlocked the achievement? lol

I don't remember seeing it saving in the demo, but anyway, my point is still valid. Just because they take out save stations DOES NOT mean that Hardcore will have NO checkpoints. Hell, maybe there are three pre-determined save points that you don't have to worry about. Kinda dumb, but still.

That makes me think, since it's called Aren't You Thankful?, they have to be doing something for the better. Still, confusing wording there. Am I thankful for said change, or am I thankful I just unlocked the achievement? lol

Thankful that it's over maybe

Here's all 16 secret achievements for those who can not wait & want to know what they are. They are real. They do have some spoilers so look at your own risk! Some are story related, some aren't, such as one involving using stealth, one with taking no damage during the drill sequence, a new type of enemy, and one that may be reminiscent of that maddening Don't get Cocky, Kid from Dead Space 1.

[spoiler=ID]

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/f1613317/s/70098.png Stranger in a Strange Land 10G

Complete the Prologue.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/5a65319c/s/70099.png Space Odyssey 15G

Survive your first spacewalk.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/db0502cd/s/70100.png Critical Mass 15G

Recover the shuttle.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/b0c5c548/s/70101.png Snow Crash 15G

Reach Tau Volantis.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/ef23b09c/s/70102.png Intestinal Fortitude 25G

Defeat the Hive Mind.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/d5e12c22/s/70103.png Hydra 15G

Kill the Snowbeast.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/fc83e98d/s/70104.png Together as One 15G

Reassemble Rosetta.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/fcce37e4/s/70105.png Infernal Machine 15G

Reach the Alien Machine.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/3a8dc745/s/70106.png Shoot for the Moon 50G

Defeat the Moon.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/88e765e1/s/70107.png Under a Buck 10G

Shoot the deer head trophy in the Admiral's Quarters.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/8d349e17/s/70108.png Space Ace 20G

Shoot at least 70 targets during the ride to Tau Volantis.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/45606143/s/70109.png Hungry 20G

Reach the pump room of the Waystation without alerting any Feeders.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/cd425bdb/s/70110.png Drill Sergeant 30G

Complete the Drill Room without taking any damage.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/7843f3af/s/70111.png Weedkiller 30G

Kill 5 Cysts in the Biology Building with a single poison gas cloud.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/aea15083/s/70118.png Aliens 15G

Collect all Alien Artifacts.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/e41bade1/s/70138.png Close Encounter 10G

Kill 10 alien Necromorphs.

Copied this over from NEOgaf:

Classic Mode: You can only craft Dead Space 1 guns, aiming is same as DS1, no co-op, plasma cutter is your best friend.

Hardcore Mode: Game autosaves normally like the rest of the modes, but now has perma-death. You can stop playing and pick it back up whenever you wish, but as soon as you die it's back to Chapter 1.

Pure Survival Mode: The only resources that are dropped and found in the game are crafting materials. You have to craft all your consumables and weapon parts.

Not sure if I dig the changes to Hardcore mode. It all depends on if you can copy the save.

Classic Mode: You can only craft Dead Space 1 guns, aiming is same as DS1, no co-op, plasma cutter is your best friend.

Hardcore Mode: Game autosaves normally like the rest of the modes, but now has perma-death. You can stop playing and pick it back up whenever you wish, but as soon as you die it's back to Chapter 1.

Pure Survival Mode: The only resources that are dropped and found in the game are crafting materials. You have to craft all your consumables and weapon parts.

Not sure if I dig the changes to Hardcore mode. It all depends on if you can copy the save.

Can you provide a link as reference? If this is true, Hardcore mode sounds like shit.

NeoGAF Dead Space 3 demo thread is the source.

He also confirmed that you will just be able to copy the save to an USB or your PC to back it up and put that save back on if you die. So instead of making hardcore harder, they just made it easier. Since all 3 are NG+ modes you know the hard parts from your previous playtrough. So you just back up your save before it and try again if you die.

Considering I didn't primary with the Plasma Cutter, that sounds stupid.

He also confirmed that you will just be able to copy the save to an USB or your PC to back it up and put that save back on if you die. So instead of making hardcore harder, they just made it easier. Since all 3 are NG+ modes you know the hard parts from your previous playtrough. So you just back up your save before it and try again if you die.

Okay, and? It's a triviality difficulty, Hardcore was previously three saves, no checkpoints (2nd disc if 360) and survival difficulty. It was unnerving because if your game crashed or if you slipped you were forced to the beginning, like Dark Souls that's tedium punishment, not super hard.

Edited by incinerator950

Considering I didn't primary with the Plasma Cutter, that sounds stupid.

Okay, and? It's a triviality difficulty, Hardcore was previously three saves, no checkpoints (2nd disc if 360) and survival difficulty. It was unnerving because if your game crashed or if you slipped you were forced to the beginning, like Dark Souls that's tedium punishment, not super hard.

Well, it's not a fault in the game if you slipped. That would be you losing focus. Part of what makes Dark Souls great, is learning from your mistakes.

Also, i loved using solely the PC in the first game. Same thing in DS2, except i used Force Gun as well.

Well, it's not a fault in the game if you slipped. That would be you losing focus. Part of what makes Dark Souls great, is learning from your mistakes.

Also, i loved using solely the PC in the first game. Same thing in DS2, except i used Force Gun as well.

Where are you getting I was stating it was a fault? I said it was a triviality, not a real difficulty.

Also, Plasma Cutter was and is mostly still a boring weapon to use.

Where are you getting I was stating it was a fault? I said it was a triviality, not a real difficulty.

I'm just saying, blame the player, not the game for being careless in a situation. It may be a trivial difficulty to you, but if it was unnerving, then the game accomplished another goal.

Dark Souls punishes you for making mistakes, more so than other games. It's a hard, but fair game which feels rewarding when you're victorious.

I'm just saying, blame the player, not the game for being careless in a situation. It may be a trivial difficulty to you, but if it was unnerving, then the game accomplished another goal.

Dark Souls punishes you for making mistakes, more so than other games. It's a hard, but fair game which feels rewarding when you're victorious.

Not so much considering its just Demon Souls with a little more polish.

Classic sounds fun, I like the idea. Hardcore, see below. Pure Survival sounds like it might be somewhat annoying, but still do-able. I wonder what the base difficulty is for them?

It would be sweet if you get to choose and can do them all on Casual/Easy. :woop:

Is this confirmed? OMG!

Hardcore will be so easy this time if so, even if not, it will still be piss easy this time. Keep a save on normal or something as you do Hardcore to practice FTW.

Thanks Lima for this information! If this is true, I'm surprised the developers would allow this. I remember F.E.A.R.'s no death achievement was so smart it recognized if you used a backup save. But whatever I'm hoping to get the game early and will blast through it before, if it's even possible, they patch it. Hardcore suddenly doesn't sound so scary. And all 3 modes being allowed in NG+ is ridiculous, but welcomed.

Edited by rockhopper