Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rank 100...the fuck?! Other than that, list looks good!

I could have sworn TBoGT allowed you to work on certain requirements at a time and you didn't have to do everything at once. Hopefully good medals work like that in this game. Platinum medals online seem rough!

Yeah you could do any of the requirements on multiple playthroughs which made the whole 100% thing really easy. When I did it on PC I could almost beat all the requirements in one go on most of the missions.

If they forced us to do everything one go here then I reckon they'd make the requirements much easier in the first place. It says Missions, Strangers & Freaks. Hmm..

Yeah you could do any of the requirements on multiple playthroughs which made the whole 100% thing really easy. When I did it on PC I could almost beat all the requirements in one go on most of the missions.

If they forced us to do everything one go here then I reckon they'd make the requirements much easier in the first place. It says Missions, Strangers & Freaks. Hmm..

I'm guessing the Strangers and Freaks refers to random characters you'd meet around the world like in IV. I guess people like Eddie Low would fall under the 'Freak' catagory.

So long as it's standard stuff like "Complete it under a certain time", "Get [x] number of kills" or "Get [x]% accuracy" then that's fine. There's crazier stuff they can add but let's hope it don't come to that :eek:

Yeah, not sure what the Strangers and Freaks could be, other than randoms that are found around the world.

You didn't have to do everything at once in Ballad of Tony

Which is exactly what I said.

Black Dahlia reference? L.A. Noire easter eggs!!!!???! Maybe we can find Cole's hat in the sewer or something. :p Who knows, on that game, there was a random beat up cowboy hat in a bin and people claimed it was John Marston's, with no consideration as to how or why it got there.

Never played LA Noire. The case is just a famous unsolved LA mystery. With Los Santos being LA, and an achievement for solving a mystery (GTA isn't exactly a crime-solving game), it only makes sense that it could be based on the case.

Edited by jswartz0181

i got a highest rank (10 star = wanted achievement) in gta4 = 5 million. lotta work. and a real pain at times. hopefully gta5 will be a lot better. (i'm sure it will be)

It definitely will. With all the Double and Triple XP events Rockstar hosts, and considering almost any activity gives you XP, it'll be easier than what most people think!

Rally mode, toxic waste collection, spaceship parts were stuff I had no idea about yet. Nice.

Numero Uno could be difficult considering the numbers that'll be playing this. Petrovic 2.0?

Decorated and Above The Law will be big grinds clearly.

Overall seems comprehensive but nothing too exciting looking (in terms of achievements), but Rockstar seem to have nailed lists that make a good experience overall instead of having one or two standout achievements, thinking of MCLA and MP3.

Oh I was wondering if this was going to be as tough as the Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic achievement in GTA:IV.

I really hope not.

i don't think i will attain all of the achievements for this game, primarily the multiplayer versus achievements, but i m ok with that, lol

i am going to play this game purely for fun and whatever achievements i can gain along the way will just be the icing on the cake

Edited by wexsuvslim

This achievement list looks to be the easiest since Bully (not counting LA Noire, as Team Bondi created the list). The ranking will probably take a little longer than Max Payne, but as the focus is on growth in the multiplayer game, I imagine that everything you do will give you experience.

With the huge amount of activities to take part it, you'll be levelling up much faster than any other Rockstar game. They'll probably have extra XP events, but I think many people will be a high level before the first one happens.

Don't fret until you get a better idea of how long it will take.

I predict that it will take a similar amount of time to reach Rank 100 Online with GTA5 as it did to reach Rank 10 in GTA4. Unless the Game has Prestige levels like Max Payne 3 did, then it will be relatively easy.

It's just a different way of dressing the Achievement up to keep people more interested due to the rewards they can Unlock along the way.

I don't understand the criticism of GTA4's Multiplayer. There's fun to be had everywhere and the community is a lot better than on other Games, less childish.

I'm hoping all the Online Game Modes are returning especially GTA Race and Car Jack City.